Sign in to follow this  
RallyAlleigh

WTB: 17ft+ Boston Whaler or Comparable

Budget of 10K

If you know of anyone selling a small fishing  boat. Let me know :)

Ggot to love a fisherman/person! Good luck on the hunt. Nice whalers will cost a pretty penny but 10g for an older 17 could be doable.

If you or your crew want to get on a charter check out my post in the "Fishing Hole" thread.

I’m always looking for charters or people to fish with! Count me in! 

Posted (edited)

Check out the last page in this thread. That's our dates and info on our trips. I did change the deposit policy from what it says there to 50% instead of $100. You can also check out our group page on facebook. Search for Charter Group So Cal.

Edited by spize909

6 hours ago, RallyAlleigh said:

I’m always looking for charters or people to fish with! Count me in! 

Is a Skipjack 20 too big? I know its a different platform from the Whaler but there is one for sale for $8500 on bdoutdoors. Dont know him or the boat but the pics look pretty good. 

26 minutes ago, matt86m said:

Is a Skipjack 20 too big? I know its a different platform from the Whaler but there is one for sale for $8500 on bdoutdoors. Dont know him or the boat but the pics look pretty good. 

https://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/threads/1978-skipjack-20-open-8500obo.710962/

Skippy's are great boats and they have become very popular for restoring and re-powering with a small diesel or a bracket with a wacker due to the high coat of a new boat.

This Boat listed for $8500 is a great deal IMO and has some nice electronics included and I think boat this would be better than buying a older Boat with a 70-80's outboard. It does look like it could use some upholstery and some good detailing but the motor appears to be well taken care of. 

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, GROPER said:

https://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/threads/1978-skipjack-20-open-8500obo.710962/

Skippy's are great boats and they have become very popular for restoring and re-powering with a small diesel or a bracket with a wacker due to the high coat of a new boat.

This Boat listed for $8500 is a great deal IMO and has some nice electronics included and I think boat this would be better than buying a older Boat with a 70-80's outboard. It does look like it could use some upholstery and some good detailing but the motor appears to be well taken care of. 

Thats the one. Do you know the boat?

fullsizeoutput_24b1.jpeg

Edited by matt86m

We are restoring a 17 Whaler now. Ill.ask if they want to sell.

15526651535771682672081833682013.jpg

15526651726204653337892492151852.jpg

2 hours ago, matt86m said:

fullsizeoutput_24b1.jpeg

Unfortunately I do not.

17 whaler will beat the crap out of you.

5 hours ago, spize909 said:

17 whaler will beat the crap out of you.

True, one of my boat partners had one. Though we put a lot of fish on the deck the ride in chop was rough. He took it to Catalina several times. The skippy is a great classic boat if you have the room to store it. Cuddy to sleep in and more deck space than the Whaler.

Alleigh should step up her game to a 35 skipjack

On 3/15/2019 at 8:45 AM, matt86m said:

fullsizeoutput_24b1.jpeg

Always loved these boats. First boat I ever fished in the ocean on was a 20" Skipjack......probably around 1970?

Not a 17 but a good looking boat - I do NOT know the boat or owner. Posted on bdoutdoors.com

15' Boston Whaler. The hull is a 1984 but in 2015-16 it went through an extensive overhaul. Custom casting deck on the bow with a large storage compartment underneath, plenty of room for life vests, trolling motor battery, anchor/chain/rode, fishing net etc. Custom center console and seat, another dry storage compartment underneath the seat. LP paint with non-skid throughout. One of a kind.

New in 2016:
- 2016 Mercury 60hp 4stroke outboard, 196 hours (200 hour service just completed), transferable Platinum warrantee (good through 2024!).
- 2016 Kokopelli aluminum trailer with swing-away tongue.
- Minnkota Co-pilot trolling motor (55lb thrust), remote control, easily removable with dedicated battery in the bow that's wired to a plug on deck (unfortunately it's not an I-pilot).
- Raymarine Dragonfly 6 with a transom mounted transducer, sonar/chirp/navigation.
- Bait tank, removable 13 gallon. Keeps a half scoop surprisingly well.
- 12 gal fuel tank.
- Custom kicker bracket.
- LED nav lights.
- 10 rod holders. 4 flush mounted, 6 on the console.
- Bilge pump.
- Horizon radio with collapsable antena.

Hull is 15'3" x 5'8". On the trailer with the motor down and swing-away pulled in it's 19'4" long x 7'9" wide x 5'5" tall. Fits in a standard garage.

I've outfitted and maintained it with an open checkbook as my intension was to keep this little skiff for a long time. I just purchased a boat high up on my "dream boat" list so it's time for the Whaler to go. This is a perfect solo skiff but fishes 2 guys easily. It's been to Catalina several times, paddy hopping out to the 209 and everywhere in between. Bassing at local lakes or even trout in the sierras. Obviously you have to pick your days heading to Cat. Gets up to 8mpg, WOT roughly 32 knots. Super cheap and easy to run, low maintenance...100% TURN KEY! 
Asking $9,800
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Jason (951)833-0815

ljTBkG4xSuKVehZL2+3YLg.jpg

IMG_0317.jpeg

IMG_0316.jpeg

IMG_0308.jpeg

https://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/threads/custom-boston-whaler.711636/

27 minutes ago, matt86m said:

Not a 17 but a good looking boat - I do NOT know the boat or owner. Posted on bdoutdoors.com

15' Boston Whaler. The hull is a 1984 but in 2015-16 it went through an extensive overhaul. Custom casting deck on the bow with a large storage compartment underneath, plenty of room for life vests, trolling motor battery, anchor/chain/rode, fishing net etc. Custom center console and seat, another dry storage compartment underneath the seat. LP paint with non-skid throughout. One of a kind.

New in 2016:
- 2016 Mercury 60hp 4stroke outboard, 196 hours (200 hour service just completed), transferable Platinum warrantee (good through 2024!).
- 2016 Kokopelli aluminum trailer with swing-away tongue.
- Minnkota Co-pilot trolling motor (55lb thrust), remote control, easily removable with dedicated battery in the bow that's wired to a plug on deck (unfortunately it's not an I-pilot).
- Raymarine Dragonfly 6 with a transom mounted transducer, sonar/chirp/navigation.
- Bait tank, removable 13 gallon. Keeps a half scoop surprisingly well.
- 12 gal fuel tank.
- Custom kicker bracket.
- LED nav lights.
- 10 rod holders. 4 flush mounted, 6 on the console.
- Bilge pump.
- Horizon radio with collapsable antena.

Hull is 15'3" x 5'8". On the trailer with the motor down and swing-away pulled in it's 19'4" long x 7'9" wide x 5'5" tall. Fits in a standard garage.

I've outfitted and maintained it with an open checkbook as my intension was to keep this little skiff for a long time. I just purchased a boat high up on my "dream boat" list so it's time for the Whaler to go. This is a perfect solo skiff but fishes 2 guys easily. It's been to Catalina several times, paddy hopping out to the 209 and everywhere in between. Bassing at local lakes or even trout in the sierras. Obviously you have to pick your days heading to Cat. Gets up to 8mpg, WOT roughly 32 knots. Super cheap and easy to run, low maintenance...100% TURN KEY! 
Asking $9,800
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Jason (951)833-0815

ljTBkG4xSuKVehZL2+3YLg.jpg

IMG_0317.jpeg

IMG_0316.jpeg

IMG_0308.jpeg

https://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/threads/custom-boston-whaler.711636/

This is perfect!!! I will contact him now!

Thank you!!

Pretty cool looking boat. Best part is the 2016 4 stroke motor!  Price that out alone and you will be surprised! 

Just now, matt86m said:

Pretty cool looking boat. Best part is the 2016 4 stroke motor!  Price that out alone and you will be surprised! 

That is a really good deal compared to the other boats i have been looking at... im going to try and swoop that thing up ASAP!

I have a buddy selling a 17' Whaler Newort Edition.  Call Miles at 949-357-2358 for more info.  Boat is in South OC