Kat-A-Tonic

Who has had an enclosed trailer built with a bathroom?

Looking at getting an enclosed for my new to me buggy.  We are getting rid of our toyhauler and getting a motorhome and enclosed for our trips.  I would like the enclosed to have a drop down bed and a bath up front for those trips where I am only going to be out for one night and can just hook it up to my truck.  Refer is not required, but obviously heater and water heater would be.  Car is 14' long and 96" wide.  I have been looking at the used offerings, but not many out there with a bath that are 24' or less in box length with 98" or larger door opening.

Who does a nice custom enclosed that will not break the bank?  Anyone had one done that is similar to what I am talking about?

tow behind toyhauler would be cheaper than a new enclosed.

21 minutes ago, Squatcher said:

tow behind toyhauler would be cheaper than a new enclosed.

I agree that it would be cheaper, but I have not seen many "budget" toyhaulers with a 98" door opening.  Most of them have too much stuff in them that cut down on the available space for the car.

New trend Trailers, Universal Trailers, Sport Trailers can all do it. I’d suggest you have your specifics wants and needs and then shop them all. 

Universal trailers is probably your best bet. It will not be cheap for a one night stay. It will not be a budget build.

It is going to be tough to find what you are looking for used.     Open up the checkbook and go have one built.  Or if you feel like taking on a nice project during the AZ summer go find a nice used enclosed trailer and add all the stuff you want to it.  

@DeviantDuner had Universal build him one...........it's way more involved then what you want but he may be able to answer some questions.

As for me.......for one night, or 2 bathrooms are for women. Get yourself a bucket!

As a guy you can’t just pee and crap in the sand like a real camper for a night? I wouldn’t even think it would be worth the money and having to dump the tank on the way home. For a bed a cheap futon or air mattress and you’re dialed. I just saved you 10k plus. 

I had a 24' Pace Explorer RT that was pretty much what you described that we pulled behind our class c. It was more enclosed trailer than toy hauler but was insulated, finished (sparsely composed to a th) had a small bathroom,  mini fridge, one burner,  heat and ac. It was great, we hung out in it all the time and used it on short/boys trips. Bought it for about 7k, sold it 5ish years later for about the same price. You could probably a deal on something like that...

29 minutes ago, tstucky said:

I had a 24' Pace Explorer RT that was pretty much what you described that we pulled behind our class c. It was more enclosed trailer than toy hauler but was insulated, finished (sparsely composed to a th) had a small bathroom,  mini fridge, one burner,  heat and ac. It was great, we hung out in it all the time and used it on short/boys trips. Bought it for about 7k, sold it 5ish years later for about the same price. You could probably a deal on something like that...

Yep, that is pretty much what I am looking for.  Was your Pace fully open, or did it have a garage area?  I looked up Explorer RT and the one I saw had a garage that was too short for a rail.

With the motorhome in the ICU, we bought a couple of things off Amazon, loaded a small microwave, coffee maker, Honda EU2000i, lectric blanket, Weber Q grill, the Yeti.....bla...bla....bla. It was quick and easy. 

Stopped at Mr. G's on the way out for food. No shower or Direct TV, but we had fold-up chairs and an awning for shade. It was quick and easy.

41RhvMOGNIL.jpg

71syVL2WRjL._SL1500_.jpg

5 minutes ago, Kat-A-Tonic said:

Yep, that is pretty much what I am looking for.  Was your Pace fully open, or did it have a garage area?  I looked up Explorer RT and the one I saw had a garage that was too short for a rail.

It was open..  prior to that I had a universal that was nice but it would have cost too much to add what we wanted so it made more sense to just buy this.  I'd buy another if we ever went that route again. Good luck! 

Screenshot_20190314-214222_Photos.jpg

Posted (edited)

Mine was built by universal, far from any budget though, LOL. 

Although they will work with what ever your needs are, big or small and build anything you want

2 Queen happy jacks in rear, 2 couches that fold out, fridge, range, microwave, a/c and heat, air compressor, onan gen set, hidden floor winch, TV, diamond audio system inside and out, 4ft side door, 7k lbs axles, the list goes on.

Edit: oh and yes full bath in front 😁

3C0E9788-13C9-4FCA-B178-5F1CEFF392C6.jpeg

624E89DE-65FD-4E7F-8B90-4CA2FCBDCC9A.jpeg

182D55B8-D525-45A7-BCF1-78C0FA462140.jpeg

Edited by DeviantDuner

I might be missing something here but I don’t understand why you’re looking at all of the extra stuff in an enclosed when you already have it in a Moho.  Just pull a regular enclosed with your Moho. 

I’m not sure what your reason is for using your truck instead of your Moho, but if it’s a fuel savings issue, I think it’s going take a lot of trips to break even with the type of custom enclosed you’re describing. I calculated my savings at less than $50 per 400 mile trip.  

BTW, I hope you don’t plan on leaving that beautiful sand rail out overnight in the wind and rain.  

If you do there’s a good chance it could be yellow come morning. :bigrin

couldn't copy the link, but this just popped up on RD.com...

20190315_073106.jpg

8 hours ago, DeviantDuner said:

Although they will work with what ever your needs are, big or small and build anything you want

2 Queen happy jacks in rear, 2 couches that fold out, fridge, range, microwave, a/c and heat, air compressor, onan gen set, hidden floor winch, TV, diamond audio system inside and out, 4ft side door, 7k lbs axles, the list goes on.

Your's is more like a custom built toy hauler! 

9 hours ago, DeviantDuner said:

Nice rig!  Would you PM me what this set you back?

7 hours ago, Flip-Flop said:

I might be missing something here but I don’t understand why you’re looking at all of the extra stuff in an enclosed when you already have it in a Moho.  Just pull a regular enclosed with your Moho. 

I’m not sure what your reason is for using your truck instead of your Moho, but if it’s a fuel savings issue, I think it’s going take a lot of trips to break even with the type of custom enclosed you’re describing. I calculated my savings at less than $50 per 400 mile trip.  

BTW, I hope you don’t plan on leaving that beautiful sand rail out overnight in the wind and rain.  

If you do there’s a good chance it could be yellow come morning. :bigrin

Nope, not going to be left outside.  Most people would just steal it and call it a day, good on you for at least leaving your car, LOL!