Sign in to follow this  
John@Outfront Mtrsprts

Carnage report 3/14-16

Welcome to my world. Was you all out for a run when this happened?  I was out this morning with one other car and it was winder the hell out there.  Down buy Patton pole was so bad, worst I've seen in years.   Huge holes and witch's eye's every where.   

Bad weekend to have a red car in your group.

The spindle in the bottom pic didn't have much time left on it judging by the rust around the weld.

Hope no one was hurt in a hit that hard. Your car is green, or is this your backup car?

I'm sorry to see an excellent vehicle sustain so much damage.

What kind of activity or impact caused this kind of damage?

I snapped an arm in the same spot this season.

This was our field fix to get home. Pounded a 3/4" spark plug socket in to the arm, hose clamped and safety wired 2 wrenches, and used a ratchet strap. We were out behind the swingset pretty far and I drove all the way back to the canal by the ranger station. 

20190217_143010.jpg

20190217_143006.jpg

2 hours ago, punkur67 said:

I snapped an arm in the same spot this season.

This was our field fix to get home. Pounded a 3/4" spark plug socket in to the arm, hose clamped and safety wired 2 wrenches, and used a ratchet strap. We were out behind the swingset pretty far and I drove all the way back to the canal by the ranger station. 

20190217_143010.jpg

20190217_143006.jpg

Nice!  That's a Baja fix right there.  Whatever it takes to drive it out.

11 hours ago, Phoenix7 said:

I'm sorry to see an excellent vehicle sustain so much damage.

What kind of activity or impact caused this kind of damage?

Nothing, he was just duning, no hard hit, just broke. This car is a 2007 gen 4.  Another guy had a DW rim crack.  At the end of our trip. This was front rim of a 3k lbs Allstar car.  The green machine.....un touched.  We have some cool video of this weekend too.  Working on some editing

20190316_095929.jpg

1 hour ago, John@Outfront Mtrsprts said:

Working on some editing

Looking forward to seeing it 👍🏽

8 hours ago, Mac said:

Nice!  That's a Baja fix right there.  Whatever it takes to drive it out.

Definitely better than letting "the mullet" put some hammered dogshit repair on it. He gets people back out but does some rough repairs. I probably would have ended up with a piece of angle iron welded on the outside.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, punkur67 said:

Definitely better than letting "the mullet" put some hammered dogshit repair on it. He gets people back out but does some rough repairs. I probably would have ended up with a piece of angle iron welded on the outside.

We had one of those repairs this week.  Nice to get back in the dunes. Then go home and clean, cut, and re-weld. 

I love seeing the pictures of the make shift repairs. Helps when you have seen something done before when you are in a similar situation 

On 3/16/2019 at 8:02 PM, John@Outfront Mtrsprts said:

Nothing, he was just duning, no hard hit, just broke. This car is a 2007 gen 4.  Another guy had a DW rim crack.  At the end of our trip. This was front rim of a 3k lbs Allstar car.  The green machine.....un touched.  We have some cool video of this weekend too.  Working on some editing

I call bullshit.  Lol.

7 minutes ago, CHIZZLE said:

I call bullshit.  Lol.

On which comment........,?

14 hours ago, John@Outfront Mtrsprts said:

On which comment........,?

Sorry.  The one about the broken arm.  That doesn't just happen with normal duning.  He had to have hit something pretty hard.  Maybe it was a few minutes prior to it actually failing.

4 minutes ago, CHIZZLE said:

Sorry.  The one about the broken arm.  That doesn't just happen with normal duning.  He had to have hit something pretty hard.  Maybe it was a few minutes prior to it actually failing.

good question.  he did not hit anything that trip (coming from him) but he did have his wife air lifted two trips prior.  she compressed her back as he transitioned up a hill.  he still says he was surprised it even happened to her based on what he felt on that trip.  Funco has upgraded the arms with the lower front gusset going all the way to the end of the tube now.  he's debating replacing the pair of the lower arms because another failure would result in another bent shock shaft too.  The guy who he bought it from a year early is a very aggressive driver, it could have been a lot of factors.  Heck  even I drove it, but i'm pretty mellow.

Did he tell his wife she broke the rim?

Or is he still alive?

The wife was the red funco with broken arm and shock.  The rim was the red v8 car.  Remember if you have a broken douglas rim. Dont throw it away....I want it

The pic with the broken tie rod bolt, peeled tie rod mount, and bolt-on brake caliper....that's not a Funco is it?  You're sending mixed messages!  Haha.