Sign in to follow this  
banshee380

Onan Quiet Diesel 6000

Alright guys getting a fault code 33 High temp on my Onan quiet diesel 6000 in my Jayco Seneca. Figured it was something small as I have read online; temp sensor, belt, thermostat, etc etc. Anyways generator starts but shuts off after it reaches that high temp. Had a local Onan shop take a look at it and they recommended a "major service". They claimed the two hoses they can see by removing the front panel are old and brittle and the coolant recovery tank is cracked. They gave me a quote of 1900$ !! They are claiming 760$ in parts and the rest labor. There rate is 150$ an hour. I definitely did not see this coming. I asked what parts and they mention the coolant tank is 76$ and "ALL" the hoses and hose clamps and a thermostat add up.... I guess it adds up to 690$? 

I picked up my rig and am just going to pull this thing out of the coach myself and open it up. Anyone else have this issue?

2007 Jayco Seneca

If the Gen has to be removed from the coach that can be a LOT of labor. You doing it could save quite a bit of coin. Hoses and clamps for $690 seems excessive, but they do add up.

26 minutes ago, AlpineFunco said:

If the Gen has to be removed from the coach that can be a LOT of labor. You doing it could save quite a bit of coin. Hoses and clamps for $690 seems excessive, but they do add up.

I got a forklift, empty pallets, pallet jacks etc etc. Can't be that hard with a couple beers.