turbotbird

Two Seat Sandcar Length

My 2 seat Dunn tech was 12'7" end to end.

20181227_104835.jpg

11 hours ago, Blue-Jay said:

Your car really needs to be 11-12ft so you have room to strap it down. Probably won’t find a 2 seat car at that length. On a side note I have a voltage 3818 with an 18ft garage I’ll sell that will fit any sand car lol. 

Strap it down under the buggy instead of outside the buggy (front tire back to an anchor, rear tire forward to an anchor).

My king sandcar is 11ft and getting a new wrap this week. My wife is also starting to bug me to get a 4 seater..... lemme know if your interested. 

Thanks again for the reply's.  Lot's of help and ideas here.

On 3/18/2019 at 10:24 PM, turbotbird said:

Hi from Oregon,

I Sold my 5 seat SCU a few years back and am thinking about getting back into a long travel car in the near future.  Kids are growing and riding their own machines so I am going to be in the market for a two seater.  Was curious if I could get some input on the overall length of some people's cars?  I have a 40' hauler but it only has a 13' garage.  Hoping their might be some options for me with that garage length.  I heard the Tech3's were around 13' but not sure.

I appreciate everyone's input. 

Here is the answer to your dilema. This would be a perfect car for Oregon.

On 3/19/2019 at 8:21 AM, turbotbird said:

Thank you for the input guys.  

Travelah - what is the wheel base on your car?  

My car is not at home right now. I will measure next weekend when I pick it up.

Gen 3 Funco 2 seat car, centerline of front axle to the centerline of rear axle is 113"  The car itself is 13' 6".  The front tires stick out farther than the front bumper so you cant shorten it at the front, the bars for the rear cage are at 13'3" and could be modified, the turbo exhaust sticks out 3 extra inches.  I think modifying the car to fit would be too much work as the engine needs to move forward to have room for the turbo and aexhaust,  but the car works great for its size, does not feel small or short at all while you are in it.  2 cents. 

On 3/22/2019 at 1:11 PM, travelah said:

My car is not at home right now. I will measure next weekend when I pick it up.

Thanks!!!

On 3/22/2019 at 1:46 PM, dunenfool said:

Gen 3 Funco 2 seat car, centerline of front axle to the centerline of rear axle is 113"  The car itself is 13' 6".  The front tires stick out farther than the front bumper so you cant shorten it at the front, the bars for the rear cage are at 13'3" and could be modified, the turbo exhaust sticks out 3 extra inches.  I think modifying the car to fit would be too much work as the engine needs to move forward to have room for the turbo and aexhaust,  but the car works great for its size, does not feel small or short at all while you are in it.  2 cents. 

Good information. Thanks 

Update!  I ended up working with Rob Smith of Smith Sandcars and ordered one of his frames.  Going to be a mid engine LS.  Super nice guy, answered tons of questions and spent time with me in his shop going over the details.  Car will end up right at my needed length.  I'll keep you guys posted.

12.5 feet. Not sure of maker. Has 3.2 honda turbo. I have a momentum toy hauler garage model. Fits fine.

imagejpeg_0.jpg

On 4/7/2019 at 9:27 PM, turbotbird said:

Update!  I ended up working with Rob Smith of Smith Sandcars and ordered one of his frames.  Going to be a mid engine LS.  Super nice guy, answered tons of questions and spent time with me in his shop going over the details.  Car will end up right at my needed length.  I'll keep you guys posted.

Great you can't go wrong with Rob, he is a great guy and builds some awesome cars, also is extremely helpful.

15 hours ago, gbrsand said:

Great you can't go wrong with Rob, he is a great guy and builds some awesome cars, also is extremely helpful.

Good to hear. So far I am very happy I went his direction and I don’t expect that to change.  He will be great throughout this whole process. Let the build begin. 😁