onanysunday

Question for the sequential guys

So your buzzing through the dunes in 3rd gear and fly over a lip. There is a witches eye in your path and you come to a quick stop. Your car is in a bind and you are in 3rd. What do you do?

push in the clutch and downshift. Not a ton of options.

Rock the car by letting the clutch out and down shift to 1st and blast out of there!

Avoid the witches eye.

13 minutes ago, Air450 said:

Rock the car by letting the clutch out and down shift to 1st and blast out of there!

If you are really stuck your buddies better push! Rock and roll baby. 

2 minutes ago, lincster said:

Avoid the witches eye.

:sv:

:scared:

:sha:

Oldie but a goodie. From 2010

Buggy stuck 2.jpg

Buggy stuck.jpg

Don't forget to change your underwear before you leave.

Can you put it in reverse with the engine running? Like a quad, rocking back and forth with clutch. Then shut engine off, clutch out, and starter walk it out?

Arm chair driving, you should have grabbed a left brake and got the right side of car lined up with the bottom, then powered out. shees

12 minutes ago, steinberg55 said:

Can you put it in reverse with the engine running? Like a quad, rocking back and forth with clutch. Then shut engine off, clutch out, and starter walk it out?

Arm chair driving, you should have grabbed a left brake and got the right side of car lined up with the bottom, then powered out. shees

you can't get Reverse without being in Neutral. 

Kurtis if you have a V8 you can just power in in 2nd or 3rd.  just get more power. lol

I have always been able to let the clutch a little, car doesn't even move, then I'm able to down shift 

Hopefully you have some type of cold, refreshing beverage on board. Pop one open and sit for awhile to contemplate the mistake that has got you in this situation. Avoid getting mad at anyone but yourself as they will then typically refuse to help you any further and they might then start relieving you of your limited supply of cold, refreshing beverages on board. Once you have fully thought of all of the ways you could have avoided the situation you are currently in, the next best action is to laugh it off, avoid laughing hysterically as it might scare those that are stuck with you and they may run off, again, losing any help you might have had. Then start pushing. You might be able to get the wheels to move enough to downshift.

One of these days I am going to start charging for my advise. It's clearly top notch. 😒

58 minutes ago, onanysunday said:

If you are really stuck your buddies better push! Rock and roll baby. 

:sv:

You didn't say stuck? Stuck as in wheels are now buried. Friend did that a few weeks ago. We tried to yank it backwards but just dug trenches and couldn't get back on top of the sand. So re dug it out and hooked an X3 to it and rolled it out. It wasn't a witches eye. It was a large group of duners who went off in one direction and we went the other only to have them cut across our bow again! Had to stop in a small area at bad angles. Oh well!

Depending on the motor, if you are in 3rd, you can down to 2nd with no issues, to get the wheel speed up I have took off in 2nd with no issues, if not after in 2nd you can load the trans with feathering the clutch and then it should go right into first, 

or you can purchase the DD car I listed and when you see a witches eye just hit it and let the car behind you take the hit it, 

35 minutes ago, Squatcher said:

you can't get Reverse without being in Neutral. 

Kurtis if you have a V8 you can just power in in 2nd or 3rd.  just get more power. lol

:lol: Need mo powa

11 minutes ago, SEAN@WEDDLE said:

Hopefully you have some type of cold, refreshing beverage on board. Pop one open and sit for awhile to contemplate the mistake that has got you in this situation. Avoid getting mad at anyone but yourself as they will then typically refuse to help you any further and they might then start relieving you of your limited supply of cold, refreshing beverages on board. Once you have fully thought of all of the ways you could have avoided the situation you are currently in, the next best action is to laugh it off, avoid laughing hysterically as it might scare those that are stuck with you and they may run off, again, losing any help you might have had. Then start pushing. You might be able to get the wheels to move enough to downshift.

One of these days I am going to start charging for my advise. It's clearly top notch. 😒

:lol:

:thumbup:

52 minutes ago, steinberg55 said:

:sha: That was actually at Buttercup not far from the border. (I don't think the fence was there back then). My cousins family had 4 Honda Pilots and you can see one of them just missed plowing into my car. That was out in the flats and the steep drop off off came out of nowhere. Crazy spot for sure.

Pin it to win it, usually blow right through them. When you panic stop is when you get stuck. When that does happen I do what Air450 does

10 hours ago, onanysunday said:

So your buzzing through the dunes in 3rd gear and fly over a lip. There is a witches eye in your path and you come to a quick stop. Your car is in a bind and you are in 3rd. What do you do?

Plan ahead next time.  Drop to second and motor through.

Put in gear, bump the starter, walk it out

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, CHRIS J said:

Put in gear, bump the starter, walk it out

Was going to do that with my buddies car but the start switch does only one thing. Start it up. No separate ignition on/off switch. My car has that ability.

Edited by Air450

Never had my Sequential trans be stuck where i could not change gears? Shut it off, still use clutch should be able to get it out of gear.

Don't leave extra 2 cylinders at home next time.  You could of stood on throttle  and wheeled through. 

Should of been able to drop it to 2nd and throttle out of it ?? I've never had a problem with 2nd and some balls hahahha

jack it up and rock the tire 

lol. Some Good ones. This thread was hypothetical . I had a 2d in the car in 2010 when I had my mishap. :igar:

15 hours ago, mctoo said:

Don't leave extra 2 cylinders at home next time.  You could of stood on throttle  and wheeled through. 

Boost is the great equalizer! 

i-dont-know-how-much-boost-will-blow-the-heads-off-my-engine-but-i-know-how-much-im-going-to-use.jpg