Romans9

Going under the knife.

My Mom had this done a few years ago.  Easy peazy.

They do another procedure with the removal call "clearing the common duct" which to flush and remove any thing from the "tube" that connects the gall bladder to everything.

gall-bladder.png

sad_Gallbladder_1024x1024.jpg

The difference you saw in the ER has a lot to do with your distance from the border.  Here, the ER is used as a clinic for anything that ails you...

36 minutes ago, WLD-OTZ said:

Heal Fast!

Sis had it done years ago, stays away from the rare beef, only change she had to make. 

A change I'd be unwilling to make. 

@Romans9 Good luck buddy.  I hope the surgery goes perfectly.

3 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

The difference you saw in the ER has a lot to do with your distance from the border.  Here, the ER is used as a clinic for anything that ails you...

A change I'd be unwilling to make. 

You would be amazed at what you are willing to change to feel healthy, and ALIVE... 

2 minutes ago, WLD-OTZ said:

You would be amazed at what you are willing to change to feel healthy, and ALIVE... 

But a man wifout rare steakums isn't a man. :bigrin 

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Rockwood said:

But a man wifout rare steakums isn't a man. :bigrin 

A man doesn't let others define him. 

Edited by WLD-OTZ
edit: he self identified his own damn self!!

good luck with a smooth surgery, we are all wishing you well!  I have a great ER joke but ill wait until you are out.

The in-laws live in a small town in southern Missouri and my mother-in-law is an RN at a hospital a few towns over. I can sort of relate to your wife's situation as we had to rush my sister-in-law to the hospital last summer when she went into labor. That is a 1 hour trip that we made in about 30 minutes.  Driving her brothers MODOT truck with the  flashing lights on may have helped ?

My wife has had her gallbladder removed about 15 years ago. They did it laparoscopic and she had no issues with recovery or dietary changes.  

Good luck, wishing you a speedy recovery. 

Wow!

Best of luck...sounds like you are where you need to be!

:cheers:

1 hour ago, TD said:

Are you still wearing your work boots in the hospital bed? Only fairies wear the hospital style socks...... :sha:

Confession is good for the soul;

0159F420-25D3-4997-9E14-BE580E1A8ACB.thumb.jpeg.0c3464b16805c389bd2d41dce6f25063.jpeg

I would have worn pink women’s panties, worn ugg boots and ran through the hospital parking lot singing a Britney  Spears song at the top of my lungs if they would have told me it would relieve the pain.

Apparently I was close to an rupture in my Gallbladder.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 4

40 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

I hate it when you are right. This is the reason I dealt with it for a year. I was thrown out of ER twice during that entire year I dealt with it because they said it was ulcers. Damn near had to diagnose myself. But what you see as a hindrance I see as a life saver! Wife said screw it, we going to Mexico to get you checked out. Went to a recommended doctor right across the border, told him my story. He pressed firmly into my upper stomach and said "oh you have a gall bladder issue", ultrasound 30 minutes later and boom. There it was. Came back, went right into the ER with a smile. I said "fix me bitches"! Surely they were dumbfounded. 

4 minutes ago, Romans9 said:

0159F420-25D3-4997-9E14-BE580E1A8ACB.thumb.jpeg.0c3464b16805c389bd2d41dce6f25063.jpeg

I would have worn pink women’s panties, worn ugg boots and ran through the hospital parking lot singing a Britney  Spears song at the top of my lungs if they would have told me it would relieve the pain.

Welcome back! Glad you awake with humor. You will lose weight, you will live near a restroom within 100 feet for the next couple years. Your stomach will process food like a garbage disposal but in the end the pain is gone forever. Well after the 1st year... because their will be some residual pain, that will pass. Congrats! 

5 minutes ago, Chingon619 said:

I hate it when you are right. This is the reason I dealt with it for a year. I was thrown out of ER twice during that entire year I dealt with it because they said it was ulcers. Damn near had to diagnose myself. But what you see as a hindrance I see as a life saver! Wife said screw it, we going to Mexico to get you checked out. Went to a recommended doctor right across the border, told him my story. He pressed firmly into my upper stomach and said "oh you have a gall bladder issue", ultrasound 30 minutes later and boom. There it was. Came back, went right into the ER with a smile. I said "fix me bitches"! Surely they were dumbfounded. 

I had a lung collapse down to about 20% of capacity (supposedly really close to total collapse and suffocation.  The ER check-in clerk saw me walk in and tried to help me, but had to fend off the woman she was helping (her son had an ear infection).  My Spanish was better then than it is now (lack of use in my current career), but I managed to wheeze out loudly enough to be heard over the argument.  ER visit in San Diego is purgatory, and I refuse to use it unless I need an ambulance.

4 minutes ago, Romans9 said:

Nice comfy orange booties! Looks like they got those blood circulation compression things on your legs, hated those.

Close call, you'll be back to 100% in no time.

Sounds like you are in good hands. I pray for a speedy recovery.  Good thing you were not driving when the pain hit you.

Take care,

Dean

Hoping for a speedy recovery!

Your first post I am thinking oh crap and reminded me of a couple incidents our family has had the past couple of years.

January 2017. Up riding snowmobiles in northern AZ.  my Wife starts having bad pains early in the morning. Gets worse over a few hours and finally unbearable. We are 30 miles from Flagstaff with snow everywhere. Call 911 and they dispatch an ambulance. Ambulance gets stuck in a snow bank. Second ambulance finally arrives and she is beyond suffering with pain. On the ride they would not give her any meds. Finally after at least 3 hours she is admitted. Ended up being a bad kidney stone. Then the nurses gave her to much fluids. She was shutting down from pain for so long and think they may have overreacted. Anyway she went downhill and it got really scary. She had to be intubated and on a breathing machine for almost two days. Then they couldn't remove the stone for fear of infection and had to leave it in another 6 weeks. She was so miserable. 

About 3 months ago my brother in law (54) starts getting bad chest pains. Drives himself to emergency and bangs his car against the curb at the hospital. Makes it to the front doors foaming at the mouth and collapses. Had 90% blockage in some places and ended up with a quadruple bypass. He barely survived it but is now healing and doing some hiking. 

Here she is the day before all that happened.

20170128_154006.jpg

20170128_154040.jpg

Lots of love from GD.com Romans!!

Surgery went great. Stared at 8;30 and ended at 9:45.

anesthesiologist told me just before we got started he had watched several YouTube videos and was ready to put me under. I countered back with a fake name and birthday when they operating nurse asked me to confirm. 

Already ate a full meal, walked around the hallway with my naked ass hanging out making all the old nurses blush and the young girls squeal.

No pain meds since the surgery and only a little sore in my right shoulder.

Been one hour since I ate, no Hersey squirts yet. Maybe I have guts like a mule.

Surgeon told me It has been causing me trouble for some time but I haven’t had any indications of that but I trust she knows what she saw.

Thanks everybody for the well wishes and humor looks like I’ll be out of commission for a few days. No lifting over 15 pounds for me. 

Posted (edited)

I had my gallbladder removed about seven years ago. I was about 52  years old physically. Three incisions (1” max each) in my stomach area at about 3-4” in a triangle shape.  It was extremely painful when it hit me from eating too many taco’s from  Tito‘s tacos. The pain knocked me on the floor three times about two months apart.  The third time I went in for surgery.

Edited by RK Racing

8 minutes ago, RK Racing said:

I had my gallbladder removed about seven years ago. I was about 52  years old physically. Three incisions (1” max each) in my stomach area at about 3-4” in a triangle shape.  It was extremely pain when it hit me from eating too many taco’s from  Tito‘s tacos. The pain knocked me on the floor three times about two months apart.  The third time I went in for surgery.

I'm NEVER in Culver City :(

20111206-titos-tacos-with-salsa.jpg

13 minutes ago, CRUSTY said:

I'm NEVER in Culver City :(

20111206-titos-tacos-with-salsa.jpg

I have been eating there since the mid-70s.  Kind of sort of about 15 minutes away from my house.  The watery salsa is what did me in as for my gallbladder. Their  salsa  is good but a little watery so you have to use extra salsa to get that bite and I got it!...... 

Today I’m having lunch with Rey......

A5B3ACAE-8803-4CF2-9644-EEAB27AFC4B8.jpeg

Hope you feel better Romans.....  my understanding is it affects some people with their pooping.  A small percentage of people that have the operation have to poop more frequently.

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Romans9 said:

Surgery went great. Stared at 8;30 and ended at 9:45.

anesthesiologist told me just before we got started he had watched several YouTube videos and was ready to put me under. I countered back with a fake name and birthday when they operating nurse asked me to confirm. 

Already ate a full meal, walked around the hallway with my naked ass hanging out making all the old nurses blush and the young girls squeal.

No pain meds since the surgery and only a little sore in my right shoulder.

Been one hour since I ate, no Hersey squirts yet. Maybe I have guts like a mule.

Surgeon told me It has been causing me trouble for some time but I haven’t had any indications of that but I trust she knows what she saw.

Thanks everybody for the well wishes and humor looks like I’ll be out of commission for a few days. No lifting over 15 pounds for me. 

Hold out for a sponge bath..

That will take your mind off the pain.. :jeff:

Edited by JDMeister

39 minutes ago, JDMeister said:

Hold out for a sponge bath..

That will take your mind off the pain.. :jeff:

Reminds me of a joke I know that I’m sure you know as well.

The difference between a HMO and a PPO.......

My wife hasn’t left my side. She can “handle” it!