You know what you bought, you just didn't know what he sold you. 

Put some dune juice in them and hit the gas.  You would feel worse if you bought new ones and then sliced a side wall the first trip out.

I dont know of anyone that has had an actual "blow out".  Flat yes, blow out, no.  

Always buy new tires. We must afford to play safe.

18 hours ago, mike dee said:

Always buy new tires. We must afford to play safe.

Buying new tires isn't the problem, keeping them new is. :bigrin 

3 hours ago, Rockwood said:

Buying new tires isn't the problem, keeping them new is. :bigrin 

Kinda like Caly women

Seems like the consensus is to run them.

Try a tire sealant?  Liquitube, Amerseal, Berryman...... etc.

Ive had my fair share with issues on used tires.  lessons ive learned.... i dont buy used tires unless its a super good deal and you have to be cool with spending the money and possibly having the tires be bad.  In numerous occasions i have gotten tires from offroad swapmeets and on CL and offroad classifieds that have had issues and been useless.  Tires are a tough thing to buy used becasuse they are a wear item with limited life span and can hide potential issues (leaks/pinholes) that you could not know about until after having them mounted up.   Of course every joe blow is going to say "yeah they hold air no issue etc" 

With that said those tires dont look nearly as bad as some of the ones ive ended up with.  I would run those in a second and i have run way worse damaged tires with no issues.  That chunking you are showing in the pics is minimal unless there is futher underlying damage...

Tires look good to me for 1/3 of the cost. If you aren't happy about it, you should have inspected before purchase.

12 minutes ago, CMBAMF said:

Tires look good to me for 1/3 of the cost. If you aren't happy about it, you should have inspected before purchase.

I think you math is off, closer to a 1/4 of the price, the Baja TA's are close to $550 a tire before shipping or taxes, 

still think that is a great deal for a set of Baja's 

5 minutes ago, J Alper said:

I think you math is off, closer to a 1/4 of the price, the Baja TA's are close to $550 a tire before shipping or taxes, 

still think that is a great deal for a set of Baja's 

I leave the details to the minions.  

Posted (edited)

I bought 4 used trailer rims and tires from socaldmax  a while back, and all four blew apart before I made it from Long Beach to Glamis. Total nightmare situation as I only had 2 spares with me.  Anyway, the tires looked fine to me when I picked them up and I'm sure he never expected that to happen . He offered to give me my money back which I refused because it really wasn't his fault so why should he lose money? Bottom line, buyer beware when buying used tires.  As others have said, those look fine to me. I've done more damage to Projects on one run than those are showing. 

Edited by surf and dune

2 hours ago, CMBAMF said:

I leave the details to the minions.  

I am just playing, trying to make light of the situation, the baja tires are a great tire

Thanks for all the support.  I am not a scammer!!  Used Baja T/A tires were a good deal at $150.00 each, it was actually $375.00 for 3, but before he even looked at them he backed out of the third, even though I dismounted them off the beadlocks.  No mention of that, LOL.  They were fronts on a 12 car, obvious by no lugs and chunking from rocks under power.  Sorry he was not satisfied, but the pictures speak for themselves, and I told him that when he threatened to ruin my reputation on GD.  I told him he will get told those tires are fine, used Baja T/A's.  Joe

On 3/29/2019 at 11:56 PM, L.R.S. said:

Tires really don't look that bad to me.

I agree.  What's the problem?  Run it.  I've run way worse.

On 3/30/2019 at 11:39 AM, DezertRatRail said:

I mounted the one  supposedly "good tire" with the side wall damage last night , put 40 psi of air in it. Just walked out to the garage this morning and it only has 12 psi of air in it. At this point I am calling it a total loss of my time and money dealing with scarabb31 (joe).  I paid $150 a tire because I only got 2. His  excuse/ comment shows a lot about his  character,  that's not my tire it's dusty, "I drug them out of my truck and got no dust on my sweatshirt " so no I  won't return them. 

I still take   The majority of the  responsibility  for not giving them a once over as the buyer. But as the seller  on a forum I think you also have some  responsibility in your  transaction . I understand if this was the curt Leduc swap meet, it's a cash and carry as is sale. Lesson learned.

I have this exact same tire x5.  They are an awesome tire.   Those look to be in great shape.  I've run them in way worse shape.  Get yourself a gallon of Berryman's.  I run it in all of mine.

51sy38NDFqL.jpg

Looks like you got a good deal on used off-road tires. If you want new......... fork out the cash and pay the piper

13 hours ago, Scarabb31 said:

Thanks for all the support.  I am not a scammer!!  Used Baja T/A tires were a good deal at $150.00 each, it was actually $375.00 for 3, but before he even looked at them he backed out of the third, even though I dismounted them off the beadlocks.  No mention of that, LOL.  They were fronts on a 12 car, obvious by no lugs and chunking from rocks under power.  Sorry he was not satisfied, but the pictures speak for themselves, and I told him that when he threatened to ruin my reputation on GD.  I told him he will get told those tires are fine, used Baja T/A's.  Joe

ok, cool, just saw that you saw this...

Don’t know either party in this episode, but I will say that the threatening to ruin your reputation part of this is bullshit. This is Glamisdunes.com, not yelp.

2 minutes ago, AlpineFunco said:

Don’t know either party in this episode, but I will say that the threatening to ruin your reputation part of this is bullshit. This is Glamisdunes.com, not yelp.

Seems like the online blast was unnecessary and IMHO invalid.  ANYthing I buy used or even new I inspect, why the hell would you not! Then to put the other on blast   Meeehhh!

Hopefully it was a good learning experience to all.  ( Never met either party)?

5 minutes ago, mike dee said:

Seems like the online blast was unnecessary and IMHO invalid.  ANYthing I buy used or even new I inspect, why the hell would you not! Then to put the other on blast   Meeehhh!

Hopefully it was a good learning experience to all.  ( Never met either party)?

Hell I dropped off a free manhole lid to Mike and he checked it out before we unloaded it. :rotf:

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, ROBERT L said:

Hell I dropped off a free manhole lid to Mike and he checked it out before we unloaded it. :rotf:

Well he was pissed he couldn’t talk you down on the price.......

Edited by Romans9

1 minute ago, ROBERT L said:

MikeDee just loves to inspect, look at and converse about manholes.

Tip to op, don't ever by tires at the leduke swap meet, there all there for a reason...

Fwiw I have been in your shoes many times, used tires are always a 50/50 shot usually look good but are stiff as hell and hard to mount on beadlocks. I have bought 3 pairs of 33 blasters that look good but fell apart or don't even hold air quickly after mounting them.

I bought a set of 4 used 35" Mickey Thompsons on BTR beadlocks from a board member. I looked them over carefully and they showed no signs of use, other than the nipples were worn off they looked like new. They're still holding air now, probably 10 yrs later or more.

If the tires looked questionable at all, I'd have walked away from them. Hell, I just looked at a used 2007 WW CL4005 trailer for $5,000 a week ago and walked away from it. It was fixable, but too much work for me. The bottom line is, as a buyer, one needs to look very closely at any used item before buying it. Buyer's remorse is not a seller's problem.