Grease Monkey

It's Saturday 3/30/19 what are you doing this weekend?

3 minutes ago, Grease Monkey said:

:lmao:

:simrak: 

Someone hijacked my keyboard! It broke-ned

2 hours ago, Sand Diva said:

Looks like a lot of fun. I have only been to Parker once and would love to go back. Where were these trails at if you don't mind me asking?

5 minutes ago, NEVERENOUGH said:

Looks like a lot of fun. I have only been to Parker once and would love to go back. Where were these trails at if you don't mind me asking?

back-way-desert-bar-map_orig.png

We left from The Chicken I believe...  It was a gas station off the side of the hwy

I was working on the Galaxie  Saturday. I have the interior puller out and thought I would pull the back seat to see why the rear tires were rubbing when I would hit a bump... well, I figured the guy who built it drank a bit from what i had seen before,  and I remain convinced. 

The 'tubs' seems to be bent the wrong way!

image.png

So it was time to break out the cutting disk and do some chopping. Underneath I could see he didn't like to color with in the lines. This is after cleaning up the ragged slashes. I did the best I could and retained as much material as possible. 

image.png

A quick trip to Patton Steel for some 20 ga($ 16 worth), and I was on my way! My slip roller was my thigh, and my brake was 2 pieces of plywood and a coupe clamps. 

image.png

And Bob's yore Uncle, we're done! except for removing, painting, and putting in with better fasteners than TEC screws. 

image.png

I love quick projects that give instant results! All in all, I have about 6 hours into it. I need to fill more gaps, but that is quick. 

12 minutes ago, WLD-OTZ said:

I was working on the Galaxie  Saturday. I have the interior puller out and thought I would pull the back seat to see why the rear tires were rubbing when I would hit a bump... well, I figured the guy who built it drank a bit from what i had seen before,  and I remain convinced. 

The 'tubs' seems to be bent the wrong way!

image.png

So it was time to break out the cutting disk and do some chopping. Underneath I could see he didn't like to color with in the lines. This is after cleaning up the ragged slashes. I did the best I could and retained as much material as possible. 

image.png

A quick trip to Patton Steel for some 20 ga($ 16 worth), and I was on my way! My slip roller was my thigh, and my brake was 2 pieces of plywood and a coupe clamps. 

image.png

And Bob's yore Uncle, we're done! except for removing, painting, and putting in with better fasteners than TEC screws. 

image.png

I love quick projects that give instant results! All in all, I have about 6 hours into it. I need to fill more gaps, but that is quick. 

"Gaps" Good body man knows how to do them. Caulk gun, cut the tip about diameter of your thumb and hit it.

7 minutes ago, Richard H said:

"Gaps" Good body man knows how to do them. Caulk gun, cut the tip about diameter of your thumb and hit it.

You sound like the guy who built thing thing! :sha:

1 minute ago, WLD-OTZ said:

You sound like the guy who built thing thing! :sha:

These guys are everywhere.

image.png

Lotta light showing there for a thumb size bead of caulking! 

14 minutes ago, WLD-OTZ said:

image.png

Lotta light showing there for a thumb size bead of caulking! 

Amateurs...   Just gotta cover the other side with duct tape till the caulking dries.....lol

1 minute ago, nyceguy01 said:

Amateurs...   Just gotta cover the other side with duct tape till the caulking dries.....lol

Damn! That's why I love yous guys!