banshee380

My SCU offseason upgrades

Well as many of you know I purchased this car recently off the board, and been having fun with it so far.  First trip out car would not run, popping like crazy and found out the foam in the fuel cell deteriorated which ended up killing my bosch 044 pump trying to keep up with a clogged filter. Figured ok might as well upgrade incase I want more HP in the future. I decided to have sand rail fabricators Jose do the work while I am out of town during the week for work. (Not a great experience, thats a long story for later.) I ended up having a metal fuel tank made with an aeromotive 1000, pre and post 100/10 micron filters, battery kill switch, new howe power steering pump, etc etc. 

Second trip out my rear coil snaps in half and the car was riding super soft in the front. Found out later they were literally dry from nitrogen. I'm thinking the prep process from the powdercoater was a little to rough and pitted the coil which caused it to fatigue and snap in the long run. Ended up getting new coils from KING and my buddy take a look at the shocks. Valving was real strange and the piston nuts in the bypasses were wrong.

Other than small stuff like that car runs great.

Oh and my father in law is letting me use his OG glamis garage with unlimited coors light on tap

Summer upgrades include

- Alper Motorsports 440 stroker motor

- Walker Evans wheels (powder-coated black with white beadlock ring to match car)

- 10.75x15 STU razor blasters

- Chromoly CV cages/ and send everything over to cryoheat

IMG_9350.jpg

IMG_9379.jpg

IMG_9380.jpg

IMG_9381.jpg

IMG_9676.jpg

Nice!

:headbang:

Um...where is this garage with unlimited beer? Do you need help with anything, just sayin'!

:lmao:

cool car!

you'll like those new front tires... smoother ride and look so much better.  And more power with the 440 is always fun.

8 minutes ago, EMPIRE231 said:

cool car!

you'll like those new front tires... smoother ride and look so much better.  And more power with the 440 is always fun.

Yeah I feel the baja pros even at 11-13 lbs get a ton of understeer?? Im cranked on the wheel and im still going straight! hahah

20 minutes ago, dbart said:

Nice!

:headbang:

Um...where is this garage with unlimited beer? Do you need help with anything, just sayin'!

:lmao:

You are always welcome haha 

Bitchen car. Are you selling the current motor ??

Steve, better have unlimited Jameo flowing for me, and a baby sitter.

6 hours ago, hondajimz said:

Bitchen car. Are you selling the current motor ??

No this block will be

darton sleeved Lunati 4340 forged crank and lunati 4340 H beam rods with arp 2000 bolts. Pistons will be mahle 2064 hi silicone that will be hard anodized and skirt coating. 

but what am I talking about jason I’m sure will chime in hahah 

58 minutes ago, HBLOWEN said:

Steve, better have unlimited Jameo flowing for me, and a baby sitter.

I have unlimited babysitters also. we are good.

Motor came out easy. One of the tabs on the removable rear cage was broke off and only held by the bolt. Other than that everything seems ok.

IMG_9922.jpg

IMG_9923.jpg

IMG_9924.jpg

IMG_9928.jpg

While you are there are you having the trans looked at?? Seems like an easy time to do it.

On 4/16/2019 at 9:58 AM, 2011BFD said:

While you are there are you having the trans looked at?? Seems like an easy time to do it.

This is what I want to do. I have some time on offseason so I should be able to take care of it. What kind of clutch setup are you guys running. What makes these s4's last besides being easy on the foot??

Change oil every year,  easy on clutch, less HP 😁

Have a single 9" clutch in the s4 now. Called Kenedy direct and they said to convert you need whole new setup. flywheel, pressure plate, floater plate, dual disc etc 1095$ Seems pretty cheap? I called pacific customs in Corona or where ever and they wanted 1350$ and that's if I paid cash to save tax.

Anybody got the gLAmISDUnES.COM hoOkUP before I buy!?!?!?

Try CBM, they gave me a good deal on a dual disc 8" a couple seasons ago for the s4 I had. The entire setup, clutches, flywheel, pressure plate and floater plate and a clutch alignment tool.

1 hour ago, sand phene said:

Try CBM, they gave me a good deal on a dual disc 8" a couple seasons ago for the s4 I had. The entire setup, clutches, flywheel, pressure plate and floater plate and a clutch alignment tool.

8'' will not work on the the 440ci it cracks between the discs, will need to be a twin 9

Twin 9" from Kennedy.

That is what I did.

Came ready to bolt up.

Piece of cake.

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:43 AM, banshee380 said:

Yeah I feel the baja pros even at 11-13 lbs get a ton of understeer?? Im cranked on the wheel and im still going straight! hahah

I run mine at 6-7 lbs..............just saying

23 hours ago, lincster said:

Twin 9" from Kennedy.

That is what I did.

Came ready to bolt up.

Piece of cake.

Nice! that is what I will do thanks!

21 hours ago, Cookie said:

I run mine at 6-7 lbs..............just saying

for me I have dented a couple of rims on hard runs,  at lower pressure, so for me I run them now at 26lbs,  and let the shocks do there thing, some cars the suspension might not be there so lower pressure can make up for harsher suspension, but try to work it out in the bypasses instead of air pressure for me,

6 hours ago, J Alper said:

for me I have dented a couple of rims on hard runs,  at lower pressure, so for me I run them now at 26lbs,  and let the shocks do there thing, some cars the suspension might not be there so lower pressure can make up for harsher suspension, but try to work it out in the bypasses instead of air pressure for me,

Desert or dunes with that pressure?

21 minutes ago, lincster said:

Desert or dunes with that pressure?

Dunes

Nice upgrades!  Subscribed....  :moof: