Retired

CA is up to no good once again....we’re going to be hurting much more soon.

Posted (edited)

The article doesn't share enough "data" to really see where this is coming from or headed to.

I don't support any more taxes or tax increases.  This is nothing more than Newsom and his band of liberals raising money to support more benefits for illegals and to push his agendas.

Gun tax...can't really buy guns in CA anymore, anyway.  Still...just more anti-gun BS.
Tire tax...they are already doing it.  They'll just increase it and the whole point is to make people want to use and push for more public transportation...where they can tax us more for that once we are dependent on it.
Gas/oil taxes...They will keep taxing this cash cow to push people to hybrid/alernative energy cars and public transportation (see the above statement)
Sodas...this was one of michelle ob's pushes.  I don't drink soda so...I won't be affected...still.
Water...This has been on CA's scope for years.  They have a plan to push people to ridiculously low usage limits per household.  If you use above their specified DAILY limit...that will get tracked by the day...you get fined per occurrence.  I wonder how LA will manage with all their landscaping demands.  They already dedicate over 50% of their water used in LA to landscaping.
Car batteries....HA HA!!!  F*ck you electric car people.  Now it IS your problem.

Of course all of this will be so minimal that people won't fight it or care.  Still...the state will turn pennies into Billions on the backs of everyone here.

BUT...lowering the taxes on marijuana.  First and foremost, CA doesn't get the revenue they thought they would from legal marijuana.  They over-taxed and over-regulated it to where it generates next to nothing.  BUT...lowering cost of marijuana....more people will use it...and...then they won't care and then you can force other taxes and compliances on the people without a care or fight.

Edited by Mac

How you people live in that commie state I have no idea?

Working on a petition to annex the dunes to AZ, since you all dont like the carbon emmission

Just now, 2011BFD said:

How you people live in that commie state I have no idea?

Working on a petition to annex the dunes to AZ, since you all dont like the carbon emmission

OK...we get it...AZ is so f*cking awesome....I can't wait to get there and have sweat dripping of my balls.

To some of us...this is our home.  I have been here 30 years.  Yeah...I really do like it here.  Yeah...it's plagued by bad politicians, high taxes, liberal policies, traffic, etc...

But I seriously can't see living anywhere else...and yeah...I've lived all over from coast to coast.  Until I reach my breaking point, and join all the ball sweaters in AZ, I choose to live here and "hope" that maybe the people here will get fed up and move to the right a little bit.  

Posted (edited)

I for one am glad to see the ca state legialture step up and finally fix the real issues facing ca every day, now that they’ve solved the drug epidemic and the homelessness and mental illness it breeds. Now that they’ve solved the water storage issues and lack of grid support from shuttering the san onofre plant. Now that they’ve solved the problem of inner city gangs, and now that all the roads are fixed , i say good on them for staying focused on fixing ca

Edited by sausage450r

1 minute ago, Mac said:

OK...we get it...AZ is so f*cking awesome....I can't wait to get there and have sweat dripping of my balls.

To some of us...this is our home.  I have been here 30 years.  Yeah...I really do like it here.  Yeah...it's plagued by bad politicians, high taxes, liberal policies, traffic, etc...

But I seriously can't see living anywhere else...and yeah...I've lived all over from coast to coast.  Until I reach my breaking point, and join all the ball sweaters in AZ, I choose to live here and "hope" that maybe the people here will get fed up and move to the right a little bit.  

Preach on Mac!

6 minutes ago, jaybird95 said:

Preach on Mac!

we only sweat 3 months a year and you all with your drought, it will be hot and wont be able to turn on your ac, unless of course you are housing a minimum of 3 illegal immigrants. 

37 minutes ago, 2011BFD said:

we only sweat 3 months a year and you all with your drought, it will be hot and wont be able to turn on your ac, unless of course you are housing a minimum of 3 illegal immigrants. 

I was in Phoenix recently and it looks just like LA, graffiti, homeless, illegals everywhere, not hearing English spoken anywhere, AZ almost went blue last election, give it 5 years and you will have the crazy left changing your laws too!!

Must have stayed in Tolleson or South Phoenix went you came by. 

1 hour ago, sausage450r said:

I for one am glad to see the ca state legialture step up and finally fix the real issues facing ca every day, now that they’ve solved the drug epidemic and the homelessness and mental illness it breeds. Now that they’ve solved the water storage issues and lack of grid support from shuttering the san onofre plant. Now that they’ve solved the problem of inner city gangs, and now that all the roads are fixed , i say good on them for staying focused on fixing ca

I salute Cali's elected officials as well, it's a God like task keeping people away from things that aren't good for them.

43 minutes ago, bennydog said:

I was in Phoenix recently and it looks just like LA, graffiti, homeless, illegals everywhere, not hearing English spoken anywhere, AZ almost went blue last election, give it 5 years and you will have the crazy left changing your laws too!!

West Salt Lake looks the same as well as parts of Boise...I escaped Cali a few years ago, when the plague gets here next stop with be out of the country.

3 minutes ago, BaBaBouy said:

West Salt Lake looks the same as well as parts of Boise...I escaped Cali a few years ago, when the plague gets here next stop with be out of the country.

Friends with e-based businesses are currently researching Costa Rica.  Apparently, it’s good these types of businesses and there are a ton of English-speaking residents and locals or so I’m told.

57 minutes ago, bennydog said:

Phoenix is now a suburb of LA.................for those three miserable sauna months, people hide.  25% of your year you have to be either be in water(and shade at the same time) or locked in your dark house while the AC is pumping like a jet engine  :1cheff:

I don’t agree with anymore or hell even half the current taxes.

But you gotta pay to play. Quality of life.  Most CA trash moved to surrounding counties spreading the crime rate.  I’ll just stay for now.  Grass ain’t much greener elsewhere for much longer.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, BaBaBouy said:

Soon enough Mexico will be empty, I’m down to start a beachfront compound over there. 

Edited by FAMILY OF 4

4 hours ago, bennydog said:

they are just about to tip...........

2 hours ago, mike dee said:

But you gotta pay to play. Quality of life.  Most CA trash moved to surrounding counties spreading the crime rate.  I’ll just stay for now.  Grass ain’t much greener elsewhere for much longer.

thats good

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, bennydog said:

where the heck where you!  there are only a few square miles of that crap around the valley. 

I love the arguement that AZ is so hot and can't live here.  if you get off the coast of CA it is the same as phoenix weather.  I have been to CA many times in the summer and I dont feel any cooler unless close the beach.  want nicer weather go up north and then you have the best of everything AZ has to offer.  Get out of Tuscon or Phoenix area and our weather is better than CA. 

Edited by Squatcher

11 hours ago, Squatcher said:

where the heck where you!  there are only a few square miles of that crap around the valley. 

I love the arguement that AZ is so hot and can't live here.  if you get off the coast of CA it is the same as phoenix weather.  I have been to CA many times in the summer and I dont feel any cooler unless close the beach.  want nicer weather go up north and then you have the best of everything AZ has to offer.  Get out of Tuscon or Phoenix area and our weather is better than CA. 

When you talk daytime temps, you can make that argument, but nighttime temps suck in Phoenix.  Where I live it gets into the low hundreds during the day for like 20 days, but the night time temps are always back down to the sixties..............I personally sleep better with fresh air, no AC at night.  95 degrees at midnight sucks period.

14 hours ago, mike dee said:

Section 8 housing in the high desert turned it in to a POS overnight (OK, more of a POS..) 

14 hours ago, FAMILY OF 4 said:

Soon enough Mexico will be empty, I’m down to start a beachfront compound over there. 

Too late! Almost all of beachfront community in Baja are all retired gringos from here.

19 minutes ago, cali kid said:

Too late! Almost all of beachfront community in Baja are all retired gringos from here.

documented? 

I keep hearing PHX, Tucson is where all the cool people live

What about the proposed ban on all hands-free devices while driving?

Whats next?  No talking to people in the car while driving?  Maybe a singing ban?