Has anyone done the cat delete on your can am? Which pipe you go with, I have only seen 3 delete pipes ranging in price from $285-$399. I have a Gibson single on my 2019 xrs

i don't know how the can am is but when i had the yxz i took the muffler apart and knocked out the cat in it.

That’s what everyone was doing before you could buy the pipe.  

Heard the X3 is a bitch to drill out. Looking at the evo pipe when I do mine. 

I have a gibson ghost cat delete pipe that I did not end up using if somebody wants to avoid the hassle of removing the turbo band clamp and all of that for $85 shipped.

It is pretty slick and the easiest quickest easiest and cheapest way to delete your cat... well maybe not the cheapest if you want the hassle of hammering your cat out.

You can use a portable band saw, hack saw or cut off saw to cut the pipe just before the cat and this pipe uses a high quality wide stainless band clamp to clamp this pipe to complete the system to where the muffler spring clamps go on. 

https://gibsonperformance.com/i-23266335-can-am-maverick-turbo-x3-ghost-cat-stainless-98036.html

Just take head pipe to muffler shop and have them cut the cat out and replace with straight pipe.  I did this to 6 exhausts so far. No issues.   

What Mega said is the cheapest route.     Otherwise the Evo cat delete pipe would do.

I am running the exhaust set up Mega made and have lots of miles and no issues.    

I looked around on the Can am forum and did not find much. How much power do you gain by doing this? I am still under the 6 month warranty and assume I would want to wait until that is up. 

:sha:

8 minutes ago, onanysunday said:

I looked around on the Can am forum and did not find much. How much power do you gain by doing this? I am still under the 6 month warranty and assume I would want to wait until that is up. 

:sha:

Not sure there is any power gain.  Just eliminates a lot of heat.   The exhaust tone changes a little with a cat delete.

The exhaust Mega made has a nice tone and no too loud.   If you know how to weld you can make your own.  a few clamps, some exhaust pipe,  and a magna flow muffler.   

Does X3 have O2 sensor to adjust for fuel delivery after an exhaust modification? 

1 minute ago, ahipara 55 said:

Does X3 have O2 sensor to adjust for fuel delivery after an exhaust modification? 

No modification to the tuning of the X3 is needed with a cat delete pipe or even adding a slip on exhaust.    Adding the exhaust or cat delete does not do much for performance.  Just gives the X3 a different sound and eliminates the heat from the cat.  

There is an O2 sensor on the pipe just before where you would replace the cat section.   If you look at the cat delete pipes they sell you can see the bung for the O2 sensor. 

1 hour ago, Banshee Matt said:

Anyone use one from Mbrp? $280, looks same as evo pipe

2B2F491E-99F2-4BB8-BF22-6171E4314FBD.png

That will work and looks nice.  Price is not bad either.  

10 hours ago, Sand Shark said:

That will work and looks nice.  Price is not bad either.  

11 hours ago, Banshee Matt said:

Anyone use one from Mbrp? $280, looks same as evo pipe

2B2F491E-99F2-4BB8-BF22-6171E4314FBD.png

bad design in my mind, look at the connection to muffler it must be smaller than 2" when the head pipe is 2.5".  I made a few exhausts with 2.5" all the way out through a 2.5" magnaflow muffler and it gave it a little better tone with much needed heat removal from engine area. 

On 4/11/2019 at 5:49 PM, I'm Sorry said:

i don't know how the can am is but when i had the yxz i took the muffler apart and knocked out the cat in it.

How did the cat get in there?

Was it hiding from you?

:lmao: