sand phene

CNC Closed

When you are in a dying industry the business is worth far less ( maybe nothing ) than people on the outside think. Their statement pretty much summed it up. I'm sure if they could have walked away with thousands of monthly profits rolling in as royalties they would have done it. I watched a family member close a restaurant that had good loyal customers etc.  Could not afford to keep it going because of increasing rent.  The place was very busy at times had huge weekend crowds, everyone assumed they were swimming in cash.  They tried to sell and had zero interest. When the closed we heard all sorts of banter from customers from " why didn't they sell ? " to  " Oh must be nice, cash out and bail on the customers " in reality they walked with nothing. Unless you lived it and read the balance sheets, you have no clue what a business is worth. 

Edited by badgas

Fact is, small business's aren't worth what people think they are.  I am sure the upfront money they were going to receive was minimal, then would receive monthly payments..............in most cases the business fails and you are left to clean up the mess.  Now, maybe they own the building, and it is better to get CNC out and lease to someone else???  No idea, I hope retirement is good to them.

I need to replace my CNC slave cylinder. Should I buy another CNC while I still can or look at another brand?

15 hours ago, 69hondo said:

I need to replace my CNC slave cylinder. Should I buy another CNC while I still can or look at another brand?

Why not?  It will last a long time, and I'm sure by the time you need to rebuild it, there will be parts available, as everyone has mentioned.

The liars....oh I'm sorry, lawyers have made it not profitable to keep the name going. Insurance is so controlling and expensive, you will see the same products by someone else soon.....didn't I read junk one has opened back up?