onanysunday

Mid engine Vette 7/18/19

It is about time GM did a mid engine Corvette. DON~~~

When I first saw it I was reminded of the 90s Acura NSX

psc-jc-205-tif.jpg

And just when I had every nut and bolt from the window regulator to the connecting rods on a C7 memorized, now I have to start all over again. :igar:

Don't think for a minute all of the "spy photos" of the mid engines cars were captured by sneaky photographers, GM has been selectively allowing photographs to be taken for marketing hype since it's inception. GM has just finished 500 million in upgrades to Blowing Green in anticipation of the C8.

We will trade in the C7 for one but not for at least a  few years into production, all of the bugs will be worked out right about the time they announce the C9. I had to replace the torque tube on our car when it had only 4000 miles on it.  The C7s are very sensitive to repair procedures, incorrect setup of the torque tube results in engine failure about 500 miles later. That's job security for me haha. 

I'll be curious to see just how many C8s there will be at dealers when they finally deliver them, they will be discounting the piss out C7s for sure. Even after the C7 ZR1 has been out for a year I have yet to see one.  Van Chevrolet in Scottsdale has probably got them just not on the west side of town where the pofolks live. 

Edited by fortyfour

This will be awesome

Dealer markup will be huge until the hype or sales fall off.

Interesting 

Transaxle will be interesting to us

I did not like driving the Ford GT, not sure I will like driving the mid engine Vette. Yes it will likely handle better, yes it will well balanced.. but it certainly will not feel like a Vette... I have owned 19 of them and I just hate the change

To me, that is not a Corvette. Looks like a cross between the new NSX and a Ferrari.

Why not just call it something else? Fervettensx  :lmao:

That would be like Porsche saying the 911 is now front engine....Again, that would not be a 911. (They did and called it the Panamera-even though 4-door)

17 hours ago, fullthrottleguy said:

I did not like driving the Ford GT, not sure I will like driving the mid engine Vette. Yes it will likely handle better, yes it will well balanced.. but it certainly will not feel like a Vette... I have owned 19 of them and I just hate the change

Especially with the transmission in the back. At least on my C5Z06 I am pretty sure it is close to 50/50. (A little heavier with the supercharger up front). I have to assume the newer ones are similar.

supposedly making a 1000+ hp one (granted they are cheating by using a 100 hp electric motor on the front wheels) so 900 hp out of 5.5L twin turbo V-8......

On 4/13/2019 at 10:40 AM, onanysunday said:

When I first saw it I was reminded of the 90s Acura NSX

psc-jc-205-tif.jpg

I agree.  

Will be nice to pick up a low mileage C7 during the fire sale.

I like it but I wanted a NSX also. 

5D88BF4F-BBC2-4428-B90C-E2E95B4C9366.jpeg

263CC3DC-A2A8-4424-B0AB-5044D144263E.jpeg

8 hours ago, ROBERT L said:

263CC3DC-A2A8-4424-B0AB-5044D144263E.jpeg

Now, there's something you don't see every day.

NY pedestrians obeying the Don't Walk signal.

On 4/14/2019 at 10:26 AM, CONCEPT Thomas said:

Transaxle will be interesting to us

Transaxle has been in the back for a while, gearing just sucks for dirt, super wide between the flanges and no bellhousing. Guessing they’ll keep the same transaxles, just put the engine on it instead of a weird flywheel to driveshaft arrangement.

I think it is :sba:

66860830_2416330928404631_4717183785450340352_o.jpg

67344499_2416335545070836_569822390721183744_o.jpg

67401942_2416330758404648_2981788424001814528_o.jpg

67647416_2416335438404180_4678203929287196672_o.jpg

I think it's bitchen looking, but I wish they would call it something else and its GM addition to the stable but more exotic.

So far I like it, I think the dealer mark-up will put it in the mid 70'S though, so when I hear them say "starting under 60K" I say Bull Shit!!!  I can see the passenger inadvertently pressing some of those buttons on that long console too :ranting:

Edited by JKR951
Oh, and I confess ...... I want one!

They should sell a lot of these. Imagine the technology.  One cool item is the front suspension rises when you get close to a bump. My C5Z06 is stock height and drags all over the place.

Sounds like an option though. 

Front Lift

Let nothing stand in your way. This available system raises the front of your Corvette almost 2 inches in less than three seconds at low speeds so you can clear low obstacles like speed bumps or steep driveways. And since it remembers up to 1,000 GPS locations, it works seamlessly within your world.

Factory headers look pretty cool. Watched one video that said 0-60 in under 3 seconds for the base model. Serious business.

https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-vehicles/next-generation-corvette

On 7/19/2019 at 5:40 PM, onanysunday said:

They should sell a lot of these. Imagine the technology.  One cool item is the front suspension rises when you get close to a bump. My C5Z06 is stock height and drags all over the place.

Sounds like an option though. 

Factory headers look pretty cool. Watched one video that said 0-60 in under 3 seconds for the base model. Serious business.

https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-vehicles/next-generation-corvette

2020-corvette-reveal-performance-01.jpg?

Stamped/formed merges look pretty good too.  One bummer about this new design is the engine will undoubtedly be more difficult to deal with from a maintenance standpoint, but no one works on their own shit anymore anyway... :bigrin 

1 hour ago, Rockwood said:

2020-corvette-reveal-performance-01.jpg?

Stamped/formed merges look pretty good too.  One bummer about this new design is the engine will undoubtedly be more difficult to deal with from a maintenance standpoint, but no one works on their own shit anymore anyway... :bigrin 

Wait until someone starts stuffing turbos in there. :blury: