socaldmax

Feds say California didn’t comply with ‘two document’ Real ID requirement

On 4/15/2019 at 1:53 PM, sand junkie said:

You'll get a letter for another proof of address.

We have a winner!

I just got a letter from the DMV explaining that they are a bunch of incompetent, min. wage, jackhole simpletons who need to be euthanized for the sake of all of mankind (I'm paraphrasing slightly there) and that they neglected to ask me for my 2nd proof of address in the 5 or 6 or 15 trips I made down to that black hole of ineptitude and bureaucratic laziness. Fortunately for them, all I had to do was sign the form and send it back in a postage paid envelope they provided. 

I'm ready to move to Guatemala, where the drug lords are at least halfway competent and organised. I'd rather deal with them than the CA DMV. Plus vehicle registration and drugs are cheaper.

On 4/15/2019 at 9:50 AM, WLD-OTZ said:

Because I said so, that's why. 

Because...RACECARD!

:bag:

My wife renewed her CA license last August and did the stuff for the Real ID. She got her license a few weeks later. No biggie, done deal. Two days ago she gets a letter from the DMV at stating that they did not get the Federally required two proof of residency documents so her Real ID was invalid. 

But, if she simply signed the attached form and mailed it back to them the matter would be resolved. No office visit required. Seriously WTF? Just check the box saying that this letter was sent to this address and this is where you reside? I'd say I'm shocked but I'm really not. 

20190601_182025.jpg

53 minutes ago, L.R.S. said:

My wife renewed her CA license last August and did the stuff for the Real ID. She got her license a few weeks later. No biggie, done deal. Two days ago she gets a letter from the DMV at stating that they did not get the Federally required two proof of residency documents so her Real ID was invalid. 

But, if she simply signed the attached form and mailed it back to them the matter would be resolved. No office visit required. Seriously WTF? Just check the box saying that this letter was sent to this address and this is where you reside? I'd say I'm shocked but I'm really not. 

20190601_182025.jpg

Simply put, if it mailed to you then the address must be good.  Mail it back and they are happy. I couldn't care less if I get someone else's mail and would be rare for someone to check the box and send it back if it wasn't theirs. 

The fix for this is fool proof right?

Good Lord help us all :lol:

Talk about a CA State Department doing the BARE LEGAL Minimum to satisfy the FED GOV.

Kinda par for the course if you think about it :doh:

1 hour ago, DEV'S RZR said:

AE86FFD2-F99B-4846-88B1-912B3814F9BE.jpeg

And the car on the bottom right represents?:dunno:

1 hour ago, DEV'S RZR said:

if i want read political crap i'll go to ur fb page ......

Got my Golden Bear today. I'm all legal and such.

7 hours ago, Air450 said:

And the car on the bottom right represents?:dunno:

He trapped you right in his corner. Trying to see who's paying attention. 

Arizona sent this to me.

Bookmark and Share

NEWS FOR OUR CUSTOMERS, FROM THE ADOT MOTOR VEHICLE DIVISION

"Getting Arizona out of line and safely on the road"

WILL YOUR LICENSE FLY?

Have you gotten your Travel ID? It’s a driver license or ID card that meets the federal requirements for acceptable forms of ID for airports and federal buildings.

Don’t be grounded! If you don’t have a federally-accepted form of ID as of October 1, 2020, the federal TSA may not allow you to get on your flight.

Make an appointment now at ServiceArizona.com to get your Travel ID. You’ll need one type of documentation proving your identity such as a birth certificate or Passport. A second type of documentation that shows your Social Security number is also needed. Finally, you will need to have two forms of documentation such as a utility bill or mortgage statement to prove Arizona residency.

Avoid any hassle and get the Travel ID as soon as possible.

For more details, go to www.azdot.gov/travelid

d

SELLING OR BUYING A CAR IN A PRIVATE SALE?

You can do your banking online, pay your water bill online, and buy everything from AA batteries to zirconia jewelry on the web. Why not transfer title on a car, truck or other vehicle online? You can! With eTitle, Arizona-registered cars with no liens or brands (such as a salvage title) can be transferred online when it’s a one-owner to one-owner transfer. It’s very easy and saves you from making a trip to an MVD or Authorized Third Party office. Learn more at www.azdot.gov/etitle

SPEAKING OF ONLINE…

Since we introduced the Permit Test @ Home in March, about 43,000 potential teen drivers have taken the test digitally. Instead of coming to an MVD office with a parent or guardian for the test, it can now be done at a time that’s convenient for the teen as well as the parent or guardian. It also means thousands fewer people had to come to an MVD office, freeing up more time for us to serve those who do need our services.

THESE INNOVATIONS ARE POSSIBLE BECAUSE…

Of a relatively new service portal called AZ MVD Now. Go to www.ServiceArizona.com and set up your free AZ MVD Now account. It allows you access to eTitle, Permit Test @ Home, as well as other services like managing your registration renewals and even putting funds in your account for future MVD needs or even as a gift voucher!

GETTING YOU OUT OF LINE

The time it takes to get in and out of an MVD office is very important. MVD’s vision is to “Get Arizona out of line and safely on the road.” These innovations have helped reduce the average door-to-door time from about 52 minutes in 2015, to just over 20 minutes now. That time is given back to you!

On 6/7/2019 at 2:47 PM, DEV'S RZR said:

Is this like those "not a bot" tests where I have to select all of the pictures that have a car in them?

It's like "yeah, what he said" only in picture format.

1 hour ago, Rockwood said:

Is this like those "not a bot" tests where I have to select all of the pictures that have a car in them?

No it's what you get when you let special needs kids play with yore I-phone.

Annnnnd now it's my effing turn!  I've had my new 'Real ID' since April 2018 and got this letter the other day saying the 'Real' part isn't valid.  Same exact letter my wife got a few weeks ago and now I find out my 16 year old son got one too.  Just sign it and send it in and magically my license is now a valid "Real ID". 

20190615_193923.jpg

50 minutes ago, L.R.S. said:

Annnnnd now it's my effing turn!  I've had my new 'Real ID' since April 2018 and got this letter the other day saying the 'Real' part isn't valid.  Same exact letter my wife got a few weeks ago and now I find out my 16 year old son got one too.  Just sign it and send it in and magically my license is now a valid "Real ID". 

20190615_193923.jpg

We'll see how long that lasts.

DMV is using the letter as a second verification of residency.

I carried three to DMV, they said, "Not Needed".

I got my letter last week.

I will buy a piece of dirt in a none shit hole state and get a DL there if I'm not moved out of this commie shit hole when my now worthless DL expires in 2021. 

"Do you work at the DMV?" should be the new super insult. 

Got mine in today's mail...

Actually pretty easy if you already have your real ID.  I just received a letter to my home address, said confirm address, sign the form and mail back. 

Im sure the idiots at DMV will screw it up somehow. 

2 minutes ago, rampage42 said:

Actually pretty easy if you already have your real ID.  I just received a letter to my home address, said confirm address, sign the form and mail back. 

Im sure the idiots at DMV will screw it up somehow. 

Yes, they probably will.

Even TV shows are mocking the CA DMV. Two cops needed an address based off of a license plate and one of them said they didn't have 2 weeks to wait for an answer from the DMV, so they went to a part time hacker who hacked in and got them the address in about 5 minutes.

:lmao:

Went and got mine last week, not to bad of a process 1hr total... I took WAY more docs then they wanted/needed just to be sure I didn't have to go back. They had three people double check the info, plus filling out the same form three times, one on the renewal mailer, second on the computer, 3rd on another copy like the mailer. They are clearly collecting data for another use.

Waiting on the snail mail now.

I had to have 3 when I went a year ago, but my wife took 1, she just got a letter to fill out and send back... they said if you receive this, sign and return this counts as your proof of address :dunno: 

15 hours ago, L.R.S. said:

20190615_193923.jpg

just like this...