Sign in to follow this  
L453Hawkins

Ls2 camshaft recommendation

what’s up everyone? Long story short, found some chrankshaft endplay in my ls1, basically needs everything except rods and heads, so I’m going to an ls2 long block that a friend has sitting around. So I’m looking for a recommendation on what cam to run, and what kind of power you guys are making on a cam only setup? 

My ls1 was setup with a cbm 450 cam and made 404 at the wheels with an almost flat torque curve on their dyno, looking for something similar with a bit more power, running a 2d so don’t want to go crazy.

thanks for any input! Was going to upload pictures of my previous cam specs and dyno sheet but my phone won’t let me, I’ll try after work! 

I'd go with CBM again... their cam on my LS1 helped a lot, would imagine the same deal with an LS2.

Talk to Alper. I’d personally go with a Texas speed cam. 

14 hours ago, bansheemantb said:

Talk to Alper. I’d personally go with a Texas speed cam. 

all our cams our ground by texas speed, the comp cam above looks almost stock except for the lobe center,

really the power is made in the lifter, so if the heads are off get a set of Johnson lifters and shoot for .035 plug no more than + / - .010 we have tested and jegs/summit lifter trays pretty junky we only use the AC-delco trays,  never reuse them, not worth a spun lifter,

also most use a 380 spring that works good in a street car, we have a comp 510 spring kit, way better for valve control with Ti tops or tool steel tops

our favorite cam for small cube is our 235/240 on a 111, lope idle and has a hard hit from 2000-6500 due to the low gears in these cars we really like a 110-112 lC

if you wanted to move the 2000 down a little I would put 6* in it at the gear and that should be around 1500-6100 hit

I have one used one left from @sandroosten motor he went to a 440CI so needed a bigger cam,

Sounds like this would be good for a street car too.  How much for this cam?

Sandroosten will take $200 for it,

it has one season on it,  close to the LSX GM cam but a little less duration,

This cam is also in walter Racing 1450 truck that started last in the Battle at prim and took 3rd first day, and 1st place the second day,

it is my goto cam for under 440CI,

I can also list our custom grind sheet, from texas speed

On 4/18/2019 at 7:43 PM, J Alper said:

Sandroosten will take $200 for it,

it has one season on it,  close to the LSX GM cam but a little less duration,

This cam is also in walter Racing 1450 truck that started last in the Battle at prim and took 3rd first day, and 1st place the second day,

it is my goto cam for under 440CI,

I can also list our custom grind sheet, from texas speed

I’ll take it. I’ll give you a call Monday to order it. 

All of our cams are custom designs that we developed with Comp cams, the CBM cam mentioned above is for a duner in mind how wants a smooth power band and not looking for that last 5 hp.