fortyfour

For all of you SiriusXM listeners...

Posted (edited)

I am completely addicted to 1stWave channel 33. I listen to it 10 hours a day. Oh the memories from high school and 106.7 KROQ. The young adults that come into my work area at work are like wtf are you listening to? Thats funny because I say the same thing when I enter their work area. LOL

Edited by fortyfour

I read Howard is calling it quits in 2020. Gonna hurt Sirius pretty bad unless they find a legit replacement. 

17 minutes ago, WaPaWeKkA said:

I read Howard is calling it quits in 2020. Gonna hurt Sirius pretty bad unless they find a legit replacement. 

Say it's not so..

Posted (edited)

Personally I cant stand listening to him, I even forgot he had a show until you mentioned it. 

You really think he keeps SiriusXM afloat??  <<That was a question not sarcasm.

Edited by fortyfour

Hair Nation !!!  I do listen to 1st Wave as well. I grew up on that stuff too. Dead or Alive, Gene Loves Jezebel, INXS, Duran Duran. I also listened to a lot of what was considered then to be Punk.  Dead Kennedy's, GBH, Sex Pistols, Public Image Limited, Oingo Boingo, Beastie Boys.

Posted (edited)

I like all of the 80s and 90s alternative stuff. I especially like The Smiths (Morrisey), Simple Minds, New Order, The Cure, Siouxie and the Banshees, Oingo Boingo, INXS, Echo and the Bunnymen there's too many to list. 

I still like the rock too, late 60s, 70s and 80s. Nothing can replace Zeppelin, the Crew and Ozzy.  And OMG Pink Floyd! 

Music is the gateway to the soul. 

Edited by fortyfour

1 hour ago, fortyfour said:

Personally I cant stand listening to him, I even forgot he had a show until you mentioned it. 

You really think he keeps SiriusXM afloat??  <<That was a question not sarcasm.

You serious? Question, not sarcasm.  He's the only reason a very big percentage of people bother with paying for Sirius. 

3 hours ago, fortyfour said:

I am completely addicted to 1stWave channel 33. I listen to it 10 hours a day. Oh the memories from high school and 106.7 KROQ. The young adults that come into my work area at work are like wtf are you listening to? Thats funny because I say the same thing when I enter their work area. LOL

The problem with the music channels is that they don't have a very large library and start repeating the songs. Do yourself a favor and pay for Spotify and create your own channels. Blows Sirius away. 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, surf and dune said:

You serious? Question, not sarcasm.  He's the only reason a very big percentage of people bother with paying for Sirius. 

Could be. He's just not my thing. 

10 minutes ago, surf and dune said:

The problem with the music channels is that they don't have a very large library and start repeating the songs. Do yourself a favor and pay for Spotify and create your own channels. Blows Sirius away. 

I've never considered Spotify I'll check it out.  But yes I agree SXM does repeat the popular stuff daily.  Spotify is kind of like Pandora yes?

Edited by fortyfour

Just now, fortyfour said:

Could be. He's just not my thing. 

I've never considered Spotify I'll check it out.  But yes I agree SXM does repeat the popular stuff daily. 

You can get a family plan with Spotify that is around $15 a month if I'm not mistaken but you can put I think up to 4 phones /accounts on it.  With the paid account, not only can you create playlist and stations, you can store up to something like 5000 songs on your phone so that if you go out of the country or don't have reception , you can still play your downloaded music.  I travel pretty extensively around the world and always have endless tunes wherever I am.  Its priceless IMO.

1 hour ago, i8sand said:

Hair Nation !!!  I do listen to 1st Wave as well. I grew up on that stuff too. Dead or Alive, Gene Loves Jezebel, INXS, Duran Duran. I also listened to a lot of what was considered then to be Punk.  Dead Kennedy's, GBH, Sex Pistols, Public Image Limited, Oingo Boingo, Beastie Boys.

Spotify, Minor Threat station is one of my go to's. You could make a station out of any of those bands and hear stuff you haven't heard in 30 years. 

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, surf and dune said:

You can get a family plan with Spotify that is around $15 a month if I'm not mistaken but you can put I think up to 4 phones /accounts on it.  With the paid account, not only can you create playlist and stations, you can store up to something like 5000 songs on your phone so that if you go out of the country or don't have reception , you can still play your downloaded music.  I travel pretty extensively around the world and always have endless tunes wherever I am.  Its priceless IMO.

5 family members. Love my Spotify. Have a couple of playlists 600+ (1 Rock and 1 Country) songs. Have them downloaded on my ipad and play them all weekend at G.

Wife listens to that 1st Wave channel.

I really don't like the sat radio. Quality sounds like crap and the radio constantly looses reception. 2015 Audi Q7. Don't have it in my truck.

Edited by Air450

I love 39. Hair Nation!!! I have the lifetime membership since 2005!!!!  Love It!!!!

:poule:

On 4/19/2019 at 6:42 PM, WaPaWeKkA said:

I didn't get Sirius to listen to him anyways. Use to listen to him years ago but has just turned into a whiner. Was better when he was on fm radio vs today. 

KROQ HD Radio Chanel #2 plays exact same music as 1st Wave....and is FREE!

Oh...but your in AZ?

On 4/19/2019 at 9:10 PM, surf and dune said:

^^

This,    Satellite began to be too repetitive.    

I've had SIRIUS since 2005.  Loved it back in the day.  The 'DJs' didn't talk very much and played a lot of B side stuff that never got air time on regular radio.  Can't effing stand the yapping ass DJ's now.  STFU!  I pay to hear music not a story about how you saw this band, blah, blah blah.  SIRIUS has really turned into just another Top 40 radio station.  I only listen to the rock channels, comedy channels and a couple of the talk channels. I used to listen to Stearn but the show has changed and isn't fun anymore.  It's pretty much him complaining about everything then berating his staff for whatever they're into.  I'll listen occasionally.  

For some reason they changed all the programming for the Rock channels a while back.  They got rid of Faction which played a lot of Punk and changed it to Turbo which plays shitty 90's music from about 15 different bands.  Boneyard was great but for some reason they need to play an Ozzy song every hour.  Hard Attack became Liquid Metal when the SIRIUS/XM merger was finalized and now it sucks.  

My subscription is due and I'm debating paying another $300 to have two car radios and internet access.  There are a lot of options out there like Spotify and also a shit ton of Pod Casts.  I have unlimited WiFi on my phone so it's time to utilize that.

2 hours ago, CRUSTY said:

KROQ HD Radio Chanel #2 plays exact same music as 1st Wave....and is FREE!

Oh...but your in AZ?

Don't forget about the radio.com app. You can listen to KROQ anywhere.  

channel #2 too

70's 80's, 90's, 1st Wave, HairNation, Ozzy Boneyard, Octane, Lithium, Classic, Classic Vinyl....love it all!

What sucks is when you go through every channel you like and no one is playing anything good!  :nag:

:lmao: 

1 hour ago, dbart said:

70's 80's, 90's, 1st Wave, HairNation, Ozzy Boneyard, Octane, Lithium, Classic, Classic Vinyl....love it all!

What sucks is when you go through every channel you like and no one is playing anything good!  :nag:

:lmao: 

Or they are playing Metallica on Boneyard, Liquid Metal, Octane and Turbo at the same time.  Seen this more than once now.

1st wave mainly but love hair nation and Ozzy's boneyard. Even throw in the old school rap station when needed. Love the Saturday night safety dance with DJ Bueller....

I'm a gearhead, I've had it for over 10 years for NASCAR radio. 

On 4/19/2019 at 8:22 PM, fortyfour said:

I like all of the 80s and 90s alternative stuff. I especially like The Smiths (Morrisey), Simple Minds, New Order, The Cure, Siouxie and the Banshees, Oingo Boingo, INXS, Echo and the Bunnymen there's too many to list. 

I still like the rock too, late 60s, 70s and 80s. Nothing can replace Zeppelin, the Crew and Ozzy.  And OMG Pink Floyd! 

Music is the gateway to the soul. 

Well at least we agree on Led Zeppelin, my favorite band of the 70's era when I was a teenager.  That was a great time in my life when all that Led Zeppelin music was rolling out fresh and new.

Did the Satellite thing for a while. 

12 stations to listen to all and all 12 will play 30 of the same songs over and over and over again.

They don't play the new music by the old bands on the classic station  and they don't play new bands who have old sounding music on the classic station. They get lumped in with the new suck ass bands on the suck ass new band station.