TD

How far is your commute for work?

Posted (edited)

I’m a 25 min drive door to door, no freeways. 

Considering a new position that is about 1 hour and 10 min mix of freeway and main roads. I’m sweating it, like I’m going to freak out eventually. 

#whitepeopleproblems

Edited by TD

for 250k raise a year do it

28 mile commute here... 6 freeways /toll ways. (depending on which way I take.

1.5 hours each way. $250 in tolls monthly. - Been on this same commute for 6 years.  I just started therapy 2 weeks ago- Hoping to get a profession opinion on why I should keep doing this !

Good ol traffic. The job I’m on I leave at 5 to beat some of the traffic.  It’s a 20 minutes drive there. Coming home is usually an 1h15m drive. It’s easily the most draining part of my day. My alcohol intake after work is going up after work. I hate traffic so much. I’ve been on the same job for several months now dealing with the commute and I feel like I’m slowly dying inside. Traffic where I live has gotten so much worse the past 2 years. 

Posted (edited)

53 mile commute each way. 1 hour there and 2 hours back.  

Edited by sandkist

I'm 107 miles each way for me. Coming home is about 2 hours.  It was terrible at first but it's not too bad now. It definitely makes for long days though. I leave home at 4am and usually get home around 6:30pm.

50 minutes ago, 1slomofo said:

28 mile commute here... 6 freeways /toll ways. (depending on which way I take.

1.5 hours each way. $250 in tolls monthly. - Been on this same commute for 6 years.  I just started therapy 2 weeks ago- Hoping to get a profession opinion on why I should keep doing this !

This Reeks of the 91 freeway

Different job site almost every day. Sometimes 2 or more. Most jobs start by 7am and I get paid to drive there and back home, so I don't care where it is!

7/10ths of a mile. Usually at work in under 5 minuits

A few feet from my bedroom.

12min before 4am!, any later it gets to be about 25 min... going home is 25-35....

2.5 songs

I’m 26 miles each way. I leave at about 4:45 each morning and it takes me 25-30 minutes. Mostly freeways. Coming home at 4pm takes me about an hour. Part of that is on the 91 until I get off and take side streets. 

I really don’t mind it. I’ve got about 4-5 podcasts in rotation that keep me occupied. 

70 miles each way but i live in paradise so its ok.  1:30 average each way but spend 2 nights a week in town. so i only make 3 round trips a week

20 miles one way. 25 minutes to work, 40 home. Traffic has steadily gotten worse in the last 20 years, dropping noticeably only when the economy crashed. The economy is ripping right now and everyone is either working or driving somewhere to spend money. I'm considering going back to a motorcycle strictly to get back more of my life and my traffic will be no where as bad as yours will be. You can make more money but you can't get back that commute time/

I forgot how good I have it. DON~~~

Depends which 'job' I'm doing.  If it's L.R.S. stuff then only 50' from the side door to my shop.  If it's my actual job for the past 18 years it's been 40 miles one way.  Started out at 45 mins, then an hour, then 1.5 hours one way depending on if I was a day or night shift but round trip was 2 to 2.5 hours.  I quit that job back in December and now I'm 14 miles one way and couldn't be happier!  I don't miss the 710 freeway at all.

105 ft door to door 

48 minutes ago, donparscale said:

I forgot how good I have it. DON~~~

^^^^^

this

Around 20 feet away from my bedroom. 

14.1 Miles. 

16 to 17 minutes in the morning

40 to 90 minutes in the evening.

I *****ING LOVE the way the traffic is getting in San Diego..................... 

16 miles door to door, 15 miles of it is on the 405 freeway. 7 AM to 3:30 PM..... because of the direction that I travel :yay:   17 minutes in the morning in 24 minutes on the way home  :tc:  70 - 80 miles an hour in the morning and about 65 - 70 mph on the way home.......,  I really do feel for all the people bumper-to-bumper that I see every day going the other direction while my side flows like a river but much faster.

About three minutes.   But I just moved out of city limits so it’s about ten minutes now.   

Depends on my job. Normally when I'm doing fab work, it's a very short walk from my bed to the shop. The only traffic I encounter is my blind dog cutting me off.

When I'm doing fire suppression work, it can be 7000miles away. I've been as far as Guam so far.