stumpalump

What’s on your feet?

A wicket fast funco Driver named Chris was telling me he shredded his foot on a hard hit so he wares desert combat  boots when he drives. Sounds logical but with the motor and tranny I have I’m rowing 2nd, third and fourth gear constantly and thought about high top auto race shoes.  I was told they are flimsy like wrestling shoes. Have you seen or ever worn racing shoes? What’s on your feet?

I currently wear sneakers, but have been thinking about high top race shoes or ??? 

I collect a lot of sand with the low cut shoes when I get out and walk around in the dunes.  So I would like something better to help keep the sand out.  I don't like driving with boots because they are too cumbersome.

I wear my slip on georgia work boots when it's cool enough to wear pants. Keeps the sand out all day. 

4 minutes ago, Flip-Flop said:

I currently wear sneakers, but have been thinking about high top race shoes or ??? 

I collect a lot of sand with the low cut shoes when I get out and walk around in the dunes.  So I would like something better to help keep the sand out.  I don't like driving with boots because they are too 

I would have assumed flip flops for you 

Flip flops or slippers usually

Yeah sneakers for me , wore boots for 45 years done with that!

Posted (edited)

Flip flops and kick them off as soon as I park on a dune.  I don’t drive hard enough to warrant race shoes though. If I did that my cocktail would be all over my lap. 

Edited by jtmoney714

Uggs 

:hide:

Posted (edited)

I used to wear regular shoes but I always had bruises on my ankles from banging against the pedals.  I cut my ankle pretty good one time wearing flip flops.  I tried wearing my work boots but didn't like the feel and they were so heavy and hot standing on a dune.  When I finally wore out my desert shoes I bought a pair of Simpson high top driving shoes.  They were under $100 and I can really feel the pedals with them on.  They are light and not too hot too.  I usually wind up wearing them all weekend because they are so comfortable.  They have padding around the ankles so I never have bruises anymore. 

~jw

added a link:  Looks like they went up a little. I bought mine three years ago.

https://www.amazon.com/Simpson-Racing-AD900BK-Adrenaline-Approved/dp/B002R4WR26/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=simpson+driving+shoes&qid=1555891882&s=gateway&sr=8-2

Edited by jwest2sh

5 hours ago, 2011BFD said:

I would have assumed flip flops for you 

Yes, but not while driving anymore because I've lost so many.  

I have a pile of single flips, or are they flops.  :bigrin

Mike you should use Uggs. HAHAHA.

21 hours ago, jtmoney714 said:

Flip flops and kick them off as soon as I park on a dune.  I don’t drive hard enough to warrant race shoes though. If I did that my cocktail would be all over my lap. 

"Don't drink and drive...you could spill your drink!"

:bag:

:laugh:

I wear shoes that are period correct for what I drive...A Rhino!

:bag:

old-wooden-clogs-close-up-antique-shoe-53624751.jpg

2 hours ago, danbalz said:

Mike you should use Uggs. HAHAHA.

My wife and step daughters wear Uggs.  I better pass but will you hold my hand and cuddle if I do?

I wear uggs, eff it, they're comfortable and no sand in my socks.

I wear bear claws, like uggs comfy and no sand in the shoes. All the guys I camp with give me shit for it except for a couple old timers who wear Uggs.

I wear Sanuks, if it is cold I wear them with thick socks, when warm no socks at all.  Sand falls out through the holes and they flip off easy on top of a dune.  I have been rocking them in the dunes now for about 6 years.  Tried Uggs, my feet just sweat in them and stink.  Sneakers just fill with sand and on every stop I had to empty them.  Flip flops, can't seem to keep the on my feet when driving.

sanuks.jpg

the racing shoes are more for fire protection than anything.  i wore em when i raced a circle track car for a while. you can definitely feel the pedals better than normal shoes but there really is no impact protection to speak of in them.  in my sandcar i have worn low top shoes, steel toe'd boots, and flip flops. the flip flops are obviously the worst choice as they can fall off easily and get tangeld with the pedals.  plus i did bang my feet on the tubes of the chassis a few times that felt just "lovely" :lol:  uggs to me are good alternative to flip flops since i like to kick my shoes off and feel the sand with my feet. 

I’ve always worn cowboy boots. Never had an issue with sand in them since it doesn’t matter how hot or cold it is, I’m in jeans. 

DC slip on from tillys like 5 years ago.

Costco 20-35$ shoes of the day

last normally 5-8 months  

FWIW,  I wear something like this.  they have a high enough cut that they keep most of the sand out.  they have a real sole on them, but are flexible so I can feel the peddles.  They keep my feet warm (my buggy is open in the front).  They are light weight.  

Bob

Image result for light weight hiking boots

Justin boots.  No sand in my feet.  No little rocks in the toy hauler.

gqeK4uHPRxiL+ZZiaFx6WQ.jpg

i4ARh+NzTB6b+mug9dh7Vw.jpg