Kansas T

Sand Outlawz 2019

The Sand Outlawz event was held this weekend in Oklahoma.  They had an organized drag race, wheelie competition, jumping competition, and a show and shine.  Look them up on facebook under Sand Outlawz or Duner Dudez for more info and a ton of pics.  I entered the drag race for the second year in a row and had a great time.  Here's a video of my drag race.  No race from a roll crap here.  I'm in the near lane and lost by inches to last years winner.  His BBC on nitrous to my cammed LS1.  I had a huge weight advantage and a lunatic  behind the wheel who isn't afraid to let the clutch go on a 2d at 6800rpm.

Here's a pic of a friend of mine in the jumping contest.  She came up short of the win, but still had some impressive jumps. 

IMG_1782.JPG.5709c01517d38756c66a303bbe9e3b0c.JPG

Huge air!

Posted (edited)

6800 rpm drop on a 2D?

Nice.......  time to pull the tranny!!!!!!!

That air is sick!!!!!!!

Edited by lincster

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, lincster said:

6800 rpm drop on a 2D?

Nice.......  time to pull the tranny!!!!!!!

That air is sick!!!!!!!

I've been doing that for several years with this 2d.   If the trans breaks, I'll pull it out and go through it.  I think the saving grace is that my car is only 2000 lbs, but it does put 428hp to the wheels.  Really don't know why it wont break.  I'm also not just dropping the clutch.  I preload it a little with the clutch before launching.

Edited by Kansas T

Hell ya!!! Get some!  

Very cool, looks like a fun time.

42 minutes ago, Kansas T said:

I've been doing that for several years with this 2d.   If the trans breaks, I'll pull it out and go through it.  I think the saving grace is that my car is only 2000 lbs, but it does put 428hp to the wheels.  Really don't know why it wont break.  I'm also not just dropping the clutch.  I preload it a little with the clutch before launching.

I was told by Sam at Rancho that a mid engine car puts less stress on the transaxle than a rear engine car.  That and the light weight might be the reason it's surviving. 

Anyway nice drag race!

Posted (edited)

You were so close to winning that drag race.  Good times.  Here's another angle.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-PJA06m4yPndM_k81uttJRT7oXUXGWVo/view?usp=drivesdk

Edited by Generalg

5 hours ago, Generalg said:

You were so close to winning that drag race.  Good times.  Here's another angle.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-PJA06m4yPndM_k81uttJRT7oXUXGWVo/view?usp=drivesdk

Is there a link to a bunch of the drags and stuff besides fakebook?

Nice....that's a real drag race!!!  I remember watching them in Glamis years ago.  The light weight alcohol VW's would dominate back then!

~jw

3 hours ago, Air450 said:

Is there a link to a bunch of the drags and stuff besides fakebook?

I was told there was a bunch of stuff on Instagram, but I have no clue how that works.

Here's a video I found: 

This ones a little better: 

Here's a video Blake Wilkey posted: 

On 4/22/2019 at 7:52 PM, Kansas T said:

This ones a little better: 

That is Kieth(texas2seater) in his 2 seat Elite Offroad Performance in the blue car.

i-FGS53J3-X2.jpg