Dune Nasty

So glad this genius is our Govenor

The Governor is calling for an investigation into the high gas prices in Cali.  Lets start with being the 2nd highest taxed fuel costs in the nation cause that's $0.55 a gallon.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/business/article/Newsom-calls-for-investigation-into-13789550.php

This guy amazes me. His recent crap about the death penalty is embarrassing. How could you just take something that the California people voted on and just reverse it to fit your agenda? Isn't that the reason we vote? Isn't that a democracy? This state blows.

Brown is a conservative in comparison to this idiot

It was discussed on John and Ken radio yesterday evening. They were saying that California pays $1.57 more a gallon then half of the US.

4 minutes ago, RK Racing said:

It was discussed on John and Ken radio yesterday evening. They were saying that California pays $1.57 more a gallon then half of the US.

Gasoline was $2.50  last night at the station here in Missouri.

I would say the average in the Los Angeles area is about $4.00 for 87.

On Ch 5 news yesterday morning...one of the News anchors in the field was at a station in LA...and said, I can fix this real simply.

He pulled the numbers off the price sign out by the entrance to the gas station. Look take this 4 off and there is a 3 underneath!

:lmao:

Look, just saved a dollar. the rest of the team back in the studio was like...is that illegal...you're gonna get arrested!

He said he'd go to jail for it....we're getting gowged!

54 minutes ago, Dune Nasty said:

The Governor is calling for an investigation into the high gas prices in Cali.  Lets start with being the 2nd highest taxed fuel costs in the nation cause that's $0.55 a gallon.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/business/article/Newsom-calls-for-investigation-into-13789550.php

This guy knows why gas prices are high... he supported the gas tax increases... and will support more of them.  Make no mistake, these idiots, are not really "idiots" they are educated people.  The sad part is how much they believe the general population to be full of idiots.  The general masses in CA, who also supported the gas tax increases, see this headline and think "wow, he is looking out for us" 

Regulation, regulation, regulation, tax, speculation. 

Anything else i can investigate for ya guvna?

Maybe next he can call for investigation of imcreasing crime rates, or increasing housing cost. 

All leads to shithead democrat policies

Hrrmmmm....

Special fuel blend.  Yep.

Special refinery requirements in the state.  Yep.

Special transport requirements to bring fuel into the state.  Yep.

Special filling station fuel tank requirements.  Yep.

Outrageous per gallon taxes. Yep.  

Carbon taxes on gasoline production. Yep.

Can't imagine why our gasoline is so much more expensive...

23 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

Hrrmmmm....

Special fuel blend.  Yep.

Special refinery requirements in the state.  Yep.

Special transport requirements to bring fuel into the state.  Yep.

Special filling station fuel tank requirements.  Yep.

Outrageous per gallon taxes. Yep.  

Carbon taxes on gasoline production. Yep.

Can't imagine why our gasoline is so much more expensive...

Last factor, Supply and Demand......

26 minutes ago, Dunelover said:

That idiot doesn't want you to afford to be able to drive. Raise gas prices, raise registration fees Get you out of your cars and onto the bullet train.

18 minutes ago, MWB said:

That idiot doesn't want you to afford to be able to drive. Raise gas prices, raise registration fees Get you out of your cars and onto the bullet train.

No to get too far down the rabbit hole but I do agree.  I believe there is an attempt to make driving so unaffordable that it forces society onto public transportation.  This restricts our freedoms and lets government control our movements.

All of those factors are at work, but the reason for this recent increase was due to unplanned and planned refinery shutdowns. Right when they were switching over to the summer blend, one of the refineries had an explosion and fire on March 16. We don't have enough refineries to begin with since the oil companies haven't built any new ones in decades. 

$124 for new tags on my 1970  Honda ct 70 that I have owned  for 20 years.          I have two of them

maybe a little excessive......

1 hour ago, Dunelover said:

Yep.  Special fuel means a small market, means less people interested in production, more cost/gallon to produce.

15 minutes ago, socaldmax said:

All of those factors are at work, but the reason for this recent increase was due to unplanned and planned refinery shutdowns. Right when they were switching over to the summer blend, one of the refineries had an explosion and fire on March 16. We don't have enough refineries to begin with since the oil companies haven't built any new ones in decades. 

Getting a refinery built right now is a non-starter.  The permits, environmental impact compliance, etc, are just too great to make it worthwhile.  

21 minutes ago, indianjoe said:

$124 for new tags on my 1970  Honda ct 70 that I have owned  for 20 years.          I have two of them

maybe a little excessive......

If you think that is excessive you should see what the registration costs on a brand new diesel pick up truck.

32 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

Yep.  Special fuel means a small market, means less people interested in production, more cost/gallon to produce.

Getting a refinery built right now is a non-starter.  The permits, environmental impact compliance, etc, are just too great to make it worthwhile.  

Absolutely. The oil companies are also shutting down the smaller refineries as they break down because with the special fuel requirements it's not cost effective to retrofit or maintain them. We're in a bad situation with too few refineries and not enough to take up the slack for the ones shutdown for maintenance or damage. All caused by excessive gov't meddling. Remember when they added MBTE, then they stopped it and now there are pollution sites where it leaked into the ground? Then they played with oxygenated fuels, now they're adding ethanol. It would be nice if they hired a real chemist for a change.

But....but....At least We'll have a Bullet train! :oto: :makerain:

:simrak:

35 minutes ago, socaldmax said:

It would be nice if they hired a real chemist for a change.

I believe I’ve got it covered....  I started chemistry at a early age :bigrin

0764A134-1120-464B-A4D7-0E496EF05245.png

34 minutes ago, socaldmax said:

Absolutely. The oil companies are also shutting down the smaller refineries as they break down because with the special fuel requirements it's not cost effective to retrofit or maintain them. We're in a bad situation with too few refineries and not enough to take up the slack for the ones shutdown for maintenance or damage. All caused by excessive gov't meddling. Remember when they added MBTE, then they stopped it and now there are pollution sites where it leaked into the ground? Then they played with oxygenated fuels, now they're adding ethanol. It would be nice if they hired a real chemist for a change.

Dr Tran isn’t a real chemist? :bigrin 

http://www.killcarb.org/tranpage.html

11 minutes ago, RK Racing said:

I believe I’ve got it covered....  I started chemistry at a early age :bigrin

0764A134-1120-464B-A4D7-0E496EF05245.png

I wanted to be an Alchemist, but not one meeting or class talked about alcohol or how to make beer, whiskey, shine, etc...

:bag:

:lmao:

2 hours ago, socaldmax said:

This seems to happen quite a bit, and isn't it amazing that it always around the time the summer blending begins.  . . .