gray

Looking for a used truck.

I am dumb founded by the price of used trucks. I have been looking for a

06-07 Cummins or 06-09 Duramax  I want some thing with under 100k miles. Prices are 30-34k have seen a couple pushing 40k 

no I know the used market was hot when def was introduced to the new truck market. But dang 30k for a 100k plus mileage truck.

ok Rant over

ps if you have a truck like I mentioned let me know. Thanks.

@mrduner has a 06 Dmax with slightly over 100k for sale and well under $30k.  

Gray  check out my 06 listed in cars and trucks

123DEFBB-2070-41E5-997B-205C76DACEC9.jpeg

Thats a tall order.  After the crash the sale of trucks and mfg of them for the next few years after that were minimal so there is a shortage of good used ones.  Couple that with the cost of everything new costing a metric shit ton, you have what you are seeing in the market.

Truck prices have lost their minds.   People keep paying it though.    Retirement?   What’s that.   

32 minutes ago, L.R.S. said:

@mrduner has a 06 Dmax with slightly over 100k for sale and well under $30k.  

Has a little more than just slightly over 100k but that is pretty much what I want all the way down to color. 

25 minutes ago, mrduner said:

Gray  check out my 06 listed in cars and trucks

123DEFBB-2070-41E5-997B-205C76DACEC9.jpeg

Beautiful truck wish it was not at 166k miles and was leather.  I saved it.

I think LRS has close 400k on his truck with original motor.

166k miles is nothing for these motors!! And katskins has leather.

Edited by mrduner

2 minutes ago, mrduner said:

His truck is one of the reasons I was looking for an 07 or 06. 

19 minutes ago, kofire said:

Truck prices have lost their minds.   People keep paying it though.    Retirement?   What’s that.   

Seriously 

3 minutes ago, mrduner said:

395k on my 06 LLY.  Original engine and 6 original injectors.  Had the trans replaced at 341k.  At least 200k of those miles are towing. If my Dmax exploded and burned to the ground tonight I wouldn't even be pissed.  I'd be bummed but this truck owes me nothing.  It's the best vehicle I've ever owned.

4 minutes ago, L.R.S. said:

395k on my 06 LLY.  Original engine and 6 original injectors.  Had the trans replaced at 341k.  At least 200k of those miles are towing. If my Dmax exploded and burned to the ground tonight I wouldn't even be pissed.  I'd be bummed but this truck owes me nothing.  It's the best vehicle I've ever owned.

Wow impressive. I thought you had the lbz also. 

I am in the market as well. And just as you have stated I am completely blown away for what people want for a used truck with 100K+ miles. Anyone have the F150 ecoboost ? if so, how well do they pull ?

I currently have an 04.5 ram 2500 CTD with about 130K miles. I have an 08 WW superlite that is about 8500lbs fully loaded. So no real need for the diesel. Was curious about the ecoboost and if they are worth it.

20 minutes ago, gray said:

Wow impressive. I thought you had the lbz also. 

The 06 LLY pretty much is the LBZ, just de-tuned a little.  It's an early 06 and I got it new in Oct 05.  It's far from the 04.5-05 LLY's.

3 minutes ago, L.R.S. said:

The 06 LLY pretty much is the LBZ, just de-tuned a little.  It's an early 06 and I got it new in Oct 05.  It's far from the 04.5-05 LLY's.

Good to know

18 minutes ago, i8sand said:

I am in the market as well. And just as you have stated I am completely blown away for what people want for a used truck with 100K+ miles. Anyone have the F150 ecoboost ? if so, how well do they pull ?

I currently have an 04.5 ram 2500 CTD with about 130K miles. I have an 08 WW superlite that is about 8500lbs fully loaded. So no real need for the diesel. Was curious about the ecoboost and if they are worth it.

Keep your cummins

I thought about selling my 08 Dmax for a new 2020.  But then I decided it just needed a detail and a new Car Play receiver.  Talk about a game changer!

I would've bought Wld-Otz Dodge for $14,5k. For that price I would've splurged and done the 4th Gen seat swap and still only been out $16k. I thought that was a deal!

10 hours ago, L.R.S. said:

That's how I feel about my 05 SD, hit 300K last week... replaced all 8 injectors last Feb but only because a ahole shop misdiagnosed it! FICM was shit so that's new too :lol: @ 300 I replaced the turbo, CAC boots and inter cooler(plastic crap) with an all aluminum version. OG trans with about 100k towing :dunno:  

10 hours ago, VBM said:

I  have a 2005 four wheel drive f250  diesel with a little less than 25,000 miles four door super duty . what do you think it`s worth

me owning one(05 F350), the market's not great just because of reputation of the 6.0. I love mine... 300K on a bullletproofed motor(complete kit including studs). Low mile 6.0 trucks bring 20-25k max to the right buyer which is still seems good to me since I bought mine new as a dealer demo for 30k in 06

On 4/25/2019 at 8:42 PM, i8sand said:

I don’t want to hijack the thread but I can answer your question.   I have an Ecoboost F-150 with the max tow package and it tows incredibly well.   It pulls my toyhauler much better then my 6.0 power stroke did.    It pulls best at low rpms and does not strain at all.    

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 8:57 PM, L.R.S. said:

Hey whats wrong with the 04.5-05 LLY  ??  Mine still kicking, No issues

Step into 2019 and buy a new one. They are light years better than anything 10 to 12 years old. We drove older vehicles for years not willing to pay the price for new ones, then we finally broke down and bought the wife a new car which she absolutely loves, then a few years later we bought a new truck for me, which I also have zero regrets buying I love it.  

10 hours ago, stetler said:

Hey whats wrong with the 04.5-05 LLY  ??  Mine still kicking, No issues

Have you even hit 50k miles on yours yet?