gray

Looking for a used truck.

15 minutes ago, fortyfour said:

Step into 2019 and buy a new one. They are light years better than anything 10 to 12 years old. We drove older vehicles for years not willing to pay the price for new ones, then we finally broke down and bought the wife a new car which she absolutely loves, then a few years later we bought a new truck for me, which I also have zero regrets buying I love it.  

Sounds great but I cannot see myself paying more per month for a new truck than I do for my house, and the house will be paid off first.

i have been on the lookout for a new to me truck for the last few months and good deals are out there. You have to have cash and be quick though.

On 4/25/2019 at 8:57 PM, L.R.S. said:

The 06 LLY pretty much is the LBZ, just de-tuned a little.  It's an early 06 and I got it new in Oct 05.  It's far from the 04.5-05 LLY's.

I'm not a d-max expert either.. What are the differences? I have an 04&1/2 as well ..  Replaced (2) injectors that were out of spec and did the harness upgrade..other than that, over 200K and runs like a top.

2 hours ago, L.R.S. said:

Have you even hit 50k miles on yours yet?

heck ya.   I got like 67K :angryfire:  ,  really thinking its time to sell

The older diesels hold value.  My mom's BF just sold his '03 DMAX for just $19.5k.  200k+ miles.

1 hour ago, SCHMIDTY said:

I'm not a d-max expert either.. What are the differences? I have an 04&1/2 as well ..  Replaced (2) injectors that were out of spec and did the harness upgrade..other than that, over 200K and runs like a top.

Good info here-

04.5 and 05 LLY compared to 06 LLY/LBZ

Cool , thanks..I just redid the entire front end with Moog components , all new ceramic pads & Slotted rotors.. I have 5” exhaust, (soon to install down pipe), pvc reroute, LBZ intake elbow swap, and cold air intake.. would like to do EGR delete, & up-pipes, but that will have to wait till we exit kommiefornia as Long as I have to pass smog here.. is there a radiator or other upgrade to help with overheating that the LBZ is stated as better for??

Edited by SCHMIDTY

18 minutes ago, SCHMIDTY said:

Cool , thanks..I just redid the entire front end with Moog components , all new ceramic pads & Slotted rotors.. have 5” exhaust, soon to install down pipe, pvc reroute, LBZ intake elbow swap, and cold air intake.. would like to do EGR delete, & up-pipes, but that will have to wait till we exit kommiefornia as Long as I have to pass smog here.. is there a radiator or other upgrade to help with overheating that the LBZ is stated as better for??

I never heard of any overheating issues, I did put a fan clutch from a Kodak on mine when it went out. These help cooling, they engage sooner and are 3/4” closer to the radiator.

Edited by mrduner

2 minutes ago, mrduner said:

I never heard of any overheating issues, I did put a fan clutch from a Kodak on mine when it went out. These help cooling, they engage sooner and are 3/4” closer to the radiator.

IDK. It was stated in the link the LRS posted as to the differences between between LLY & the LBZ, that the LBZ was better for overheating.. I haven’t ever had a overheating problem .., but then again I am not ever towing a giant toyhauler loaded with stuff either .. 

The LBZ turbo inlet helped with the overheating issues the LLY had.   That article had some decent info, but it missed on a few things.  The LB7 did have EGR on the Cali truck, the 49 state didn't, for instance.

The only reasonably priced diesel truck is the Ford with the 6.4 with about 70k on the odometer, wonder why.

On 4/25/2019 at 8:29 PM, L.R.S. said:

395k on my 06 LLY.  Original engine and 6 original injectors.  Had the trans replaced at 341k.  At least 200k of those miles are towing. If my Dmax exploded and burned to the ground tonight I wouldn't even be pissed.  I'd be bummed but this truck owes me nothing.  It's the best vehicle I've ever owned.

I still have my 2007HD Classic I bought new, 185k miles, still original brakes and only a wheel bearing gone bad. The price of new scares me off. Never chipped or lifted, box stock.  Love this truck, can't sell it. H

Edited by Roaddog

I've been on the fence for a couple months about selling my 07' Silverado 2500HD w/185,600mi.  jus put a small bundle of 💰into her, the short list ( new rear brake pads, new hd rear rotors, rear diff seal, driveshaft mid support seal, power steering pump, steering box, master cylinder, brake booster,  steering arms, and front upper bearings, so nothing else needs to be done to it. Replaced the old speakers with some new Kicker 6" rounds. Tires 35x12.50x20 are only a year old with 17/32 of tread. The truck has minor brush scratches, normal road chips, and is always washed and waxed. People who know me understand my illness of caring for my stuff. I'm sure I have pics of it somewhere in one thread or another on GD.com

I would entertain serious offers of $27K  

Well I found a 07 lbz unicorn and bought it. Paid 29k. I wanted an Ltz with leather, but I could not pass this one up. It is LT with cloth.

A4C43F35-333D-4145-A11F-87882AC9648E.png

A5471C3D-DC8A-4833-A3D9-7CDB560792AC.png

96278ABC-0073-44E5-B398-5F44701023BD.png

Edited by gray

Congtats on the score, that's a great year. That low of mileage is hard to believe for a 12 year old truck.

10 minutes ago, L.R.S. said:

Congtats on the score, that's a great year. That low of mileage is hard to believe for a 12 year old truck.

The mileage is what sold me. I guess I could always add leather.

Awesome truck.  Dmax run forever!

13 minutes ago, r3meyer said:

Awesome truck.  Dmax run forever!

First one. I have had an 04.5, 08 and a 2015 Cummins 

43 minutes ago, gray said:

Yep, you can buy leather seat covers. I pulled my drivers seat apart to replace the seat belt mechanism years ago. Pretty simple to do. I need to get new foam for it now. 395k with 300lbs hasn't been good for that seat.

Congrats! 

But please tell me you have the Carfax that proves the low miles... I have seen roll backs many times. If you don't have it PM me the VIN. Just lookin out, not trying to poop on the parade. 

14 hours ago, gray said:

my 09 has leather, but after 10 years in the desert,  the leather is cracking. my 08 had cloth and I actually miss the cloth 

15 minutes ago, Chingon619 said:

Congrats! 

But please tell me you have the Carfax that proves the low miles... I have seen roll backs many times. If you don't have it PM me the VIN. Just lookin out, not trying to poop on the parade. 

Thought about that as well.  On the Silverado trucks all you have to do is buy a gauge cluster with lower miles and put it in.  Found that out when my wife's Suburban gauge cluster failed and I bought a used one off a guy on IG and it moved her mileage from 185k to 260ish.  Takes about 5 minutes to swap them.  Hopefully that's not the case here.

6 minutes ago, L.R.S. said:

Thought about that as well.  On the Silverado trucks all you have to do is buy a gauge cluster with lower miles and put it in.  Found that out when my wife's Suburban gauge cluster failed and I bought a used one off a guy on IG and it moved her mileage from 185k to 260ish.  Takes about 5 minutes to swap them.  Hopefully that's not the case here.

Psshhttt not even that. I got known subjects south of the border just asking me "how many miles do I want any car to show". Some kind of programmer that just plugs into the OBD2 port. Just crazy! 

On 4/26/2019 at 6:58 AM, Dunerking said:

I would've bought Wld-Otz Dodge for $14,5k. For that price I would've splurged and done the 4th Gen seat swap and still only been out $16k. I thought that was a deal!

You should have caught me with a cash offer..  in the end I took a little less than that. No one even came to look at it til the kid came from Sacramento and drove it home. 

Oh yah, and immediately went and got popped twice in the car pool lanes and the ticket was sent to us!

Edited by WLD-OTZ

3 hours ago, WLD-OTZ said:

You should have caught me with a cash offer..  in the end I took a little less than that. No one even came to look at it til the kid came from Sacramento and drove it home. 

Oh yah, and immediately went and got popped twice in the car pool lanes and the ticket was sent to us!

Sac-Town Hommie bought it huh?

no-ragrets-temporary-tattoo-2663.jpg