It’s easy to change flanges . It’s just the side case bolts . How thick are the adapters? 

19 minutes ago, chopshop said:

It’s easy to change flanges . It’s just the side case bolts . How thick are the adapters? 

Absolutely, I would definitely change the flanges. 

Holy crap!!! Dude did you not read my last post???? You are aware that 2d transmissions come with 930 or 934 flanges right? Why don't you just buy a new 2d trans with 930 flanges? Is there some sort of back door deal your doing with Jalper that forces you to buy his trans with 934 flanges? Eff the damn adapters already and just get a trans with the 930 flanges. You will never need to run 934's if you plan on driving the way you say your gonna drive. I drove the shit out of my sand cars with 930's without killing cv's. If your suspension is set up correctly and you know when to put your foot into the throttle and when to take it off, your cv's will live. Maybe save that extra money from not buying 934's and spend it having your suspension set up and tuned. It will be a way better car and you will be way happier in the long run.

13 minutes ago, big_daddy_jp said:

Holy crap!!! Dude did you not read my last post???? You are aware that 2d transmissions come with 930 or 934 flanges right? Why don't you just buy a new 2d trans with 930 flanges? Is there some sort of back door deal your doing with Jalper that forces you to buy his trans with 934 flanges? Eff the damn adapters already and just get a trans with the 930 flanges. You will never need to run 934's if you plan on driving the way you say your gonna drive. I drove the shit out of my sand cars with 930's without killing cv's. If your suspension is set up correctly and you know when to put your foot into the throttle and when to take it off, your cv's will live. Maybe save that extra money from not buying 934's and spend it having your suspension set up and tuned. It will be a way better car and you will be way happier in the long run.

Yes it sounds like he’s getting a good deal on the trans that already has 934 flanges. Just run the 934 flanges for now with adapters and when it’s time to refresh the trans have them swapped for 930 flanges. This post is out of hand! Haha 

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Getpitted453 said:

Yes it sounds like he’s getting a good deal on the trans that already has 934 flanges. Just run the 934 flanges for now with adapters and when it’s time to refresh the trans have them swapped for 930 flanges. This post is out of hand! Haha 

Thank you! How much are flanges? $500 each last I checked am I wrong?

Actually just checked, about right for the pair. 

Edited by Chingon619

930 flanges from Weddle are right at $300 for the pair. 

Buying a new trans means he will need new axles. Now does he have to buy a different length when he ditches the adapters? I would think so if he wanted full travel. If he does, than why buy two sets of axles? Get 930 flanges to begin with and only purchase one set of axles. 

1 minute ago, big_daddy_jp said:

Buying a new trans means he will need new axles. Now does he have to buy a different length when he ditches the adapters? I would think so if he wanted full travel. If he does, than why buy two sets of axles? Get 930 flanges to begin with and only purchase one set of axles. 

Axle length stays the same! They are hollow, 

I've never seen the adapters before but I figured they were hallow. My thought was the cv would run out of spline when the axle plunged inward. You know, since the cv will now ride further up the axle with the adapter installed. Oh well, not my chair not my problem!

6 minutes ago, big_daddy_jp said:

I've never seen the adapters before but I figured they were hallow. My thought was the cv would run out of spline when the axle plunged inward. You know, since the cv will now ride further up the axle with the adapter installed. Oh well, not my chair not my problem!

I get it, The axle length will be fine.  Run the longer side splines at the bottom just like you would do a mid board.  The spacer is only about an inch long and typically an axle has at minimum 3 inches of spline If not more.

27 minutes ago, fortyfour said:

Oh, yea I just fact checked you. You are correct I must've looked at the wrong one. In that case, my vote goes to staying 930 all the way through. 

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, fortyfour said:

I will have to check but pretty sure they are not $300 a pair

flanges are $385 EACH

Edited by J Alper

16 minutes ago, Chingon619 said:

Oh, yea I just fact checked you. You are correct I must've looked at the wrong one. In that case, my vote goes to staying 930 all the way through. 

Worst fact checker every lOL

45 minutes ago, fortyfour said:

your so full of Chit It makes me laugh

short

https://weddleindustries.com/products/1000186/1003556

long

https://weddleindustries.com/products/1000186/1003555

$550 shipped

3 hours ago, chopshop said:

1/2 same as a Grease spacer,  then helps with plunge like the micro sub side, due to the Mendi flanges being so shallow,  makes it more like a fortin flange

Someone pass the popcorn and ask if DOM or chomemoly is better. 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, fortyfour said:

the trans has S4 diff it is the PBS case that uses the larger newer flanges, pictures where posted on page 1

the drive flanges you listed are the older style if  you look in the description on the other flanges, they have been updated, it is confusing and misleading, I have had to purchase flanges in the past for customers and they are pretty shocked when they call weddle,  

Edited by J Alper

4 minutes ago, J Alper said:

the trans has S4 diff it is the PBS case that uses the larger newer flanges, pictures where posted on page 2

Ah damnit that's right. LOL back to adapters on the trans side. 😂

12 minutes ago, CONCEPT Thomas said:

Someone pass the popcorn and ask if DOM or chomemoly is better. 

First person to hit page 10 Gets a Free Billet 3 bolt LS tensioner and steam port kit

10 minutes ago, J Alper said:

the trans has S4 diff it is the PBS case that uses the larger newer flanges, pictures where posted on page 2

Ok yes you got me on that one. Regardless of what flanges your trans requires, 930 flanges from Weddle are still $300.

4 minutes ago, fortyfour said:

Ok yes you got me on that one. Regardless of what flanges your trans requires, 930 flanges from Weddle are still $300.

Fortyfour send me your address might have to send you a tensioner before this is over,

hopfully no one is offended by the back and forth, we all have our opinions and I feel there is no real right or wrong answer,

these cars are all different we have all had different driving styles, experiences, and Goals for our car,   

8 hours ago, big_daddy_jp said:

Holy crap!!! Dude did you not read my last post???? You are aware that 2d transmissions come with 930 or 934 flanges right? Why don't you just buy a new 2d trans with 930 flanges? Is there some sort of back door deal your doing with Jalper that forces you to buy his trans with 934 flanges? Eff the damn adapters already and just get a trans with the 930 flanges... 

Wow! It’s so easy to spend someone else’s money... I’m getting a fresh 2d in a PBS case, LS adapter kit with new hardware and new starter for a couple grand less than what a new 2d would cost me. So, I’ll gladly buy a new 2d if you send the $6,800 to my PayPal. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Maybe somewhere in the 5 pages you told us you were buying a used trans and I missed it? I was under the assumption you were buying a new trans. Also, if you took any time at all to read my posts you would see I was trying to save you money not spend your money. Good luck

1 hour ago, big_daddy_jp said:

Maybe somewhere in the 5 pages you told us you were buying a used trans and I missed it? I was under the assumption you were buying a new trans. Also, if you took any time at all to read my posts you would see I was trying to save you money not spend your money. Good luck

What? You lost me on that... 

It doesn't surprise me. Since your original post you've been lost! You started this thread about cv' s and effed up axles. You say nothing about buying a new trans just that since your axles are jacked up you might as well go to 934's. As for the people reading your post, we want to help you and save you money in the long run. We then tell you how to repair your your axles for free and just replace your 930's. Next JAlper says your 2d with 934 flanges will be ready soon. So now you decide to question him a ton of times about transmissions as if you know more than him! Only showing all of us reading this crap that you have absolutely no damn idea what your doing. Trying to keep you from being screwed over, we then go through pages of explaining what trans will hold, what cv will hold, and what will be the cheapest route for you to take. Only to find out that you already made your mind up long ago. What an effing waste of energy and time for all of us. As I said before, good luck. Your gonna need it!