John@Outfront Mtrsprts

when having no money but having fun was everything....

My employee Brian is having the time of his life with only $4000 invested.  He can hang with any CanAm turbo RS.  he's running a Subaru 2.2 motor he built himself, 14psi and making 270 HP no intercooler, e85  tuning his own car!.

look good at the pics, exhaust flapper, bump stops hitting the brake line, bending bars to make sure the steering shaft clears, custom arm slot as his mid rail bar was too high, but the best part is seeing the smile on his face.  I'm like that was me 35 some odd years ago!

brian 1.jpg

brian 2.jpg

brian 3.jpg

brian 5.jpg

Thanks for sharing the photos and background info.  This makes me think different thoughts about the affordability of rails.

Makes me think different about some of the youth today. Maybe there is hope.

Posted (edited)

That's the name of the game...having fun!!!😁

Edited by bizness

Just now, bizness said:

Couldn't he spend a few more  bucks to include a steering wheel?😁

You steer it with iPhone!

Duh!

:lmao:

Very cool John...hope he has a blast with it.

Starting somewhere and showing you dont need 50k to have fun.He has the pride of saying he did this himself too.Now tell him re route that brake line.

Iv got some parts I’ll donate to his cause if he wants. 

SU 3 gauge dash pak deal ( made of carbon fiber ) matching bar mount tach

SU carbon fiber center console 

I think 6 or so HID lights with bar mount. 

And what ever else I find laying around that we removed when doing full body etc..

im all about helping those that are doing what they can with what they have. 

Solid! ^^^^^

Run what ya brung...it's all about getting out there and having fun!  My buddy drives an old Fibertec beam car but he always has a big ole smile on his face.  I think he has more fun than anyone else in that old car!  

~jw

That is so cool to see! I love seeing someone from the younger generation get his hands dirty and build his own car.

This is awesome, I remember those days.   Amazing what you can make do with when its all you have.

9 hours ago, DeviantDuner said:

Iv got some parts I’ll donate to his cause if he wants. 

SU 3 gauge dash pak deal ( made of carbon fiber ) matching bar mount tach

SU carbon fiber center console 

I think 6 or so HID lights with bar mount. 

And what ever else I find laying around that we removed when doing full body etc..

im all about helping those that are doing what they can with what they have. 

he is interested can you show some pics of some of the items as he's not a member here yet.  That is So cool, Thanks

14 hours ago, 77charger said:

Starting somewhere and showing you dont need 50k to have fun.He has the pride of saying he did this himself too.Now tell him re route that brake line.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

This!

I have a Rhino....My smile is as big as anyone in a $200K car.  Actually my smile is probably whiter cause I don't have bugs stuck in my teeth!

:lmao:

I remembers when, in my early years of duning,  my car broke down.    I was anti VW (of course) but my mentor let me borrow his 2276, beam rail to lead a ride.  I drove it like I stole it. I was surprised at how fast "it seemed" haha  but is was a blast to still lose my friends while driving my buddies' car.  I think I laughed more that day then beating my friends in any EPO race I have been in.

BTW I do give free driving lessons.................................................:ninja2:

Everyone of us started somewhere no matter what we have now. Thanks for sharing!

Very refreshing to see. Most youngsters are running out and financing a dune toy for $450 a month when they don't even own a home. Being out there with family and friends will bring joy no matter toys you have.  😃

My buddies bring this up all of the time, no idea how long ago, maybe 2001 or so.  I had a Johnnys Speed and Chrome mid engine with a 1835 engine.  Some how we hooked up with all these big cars rocking the newest V8 (Northstar).  We got into their ride, I took of the rear because they thought I won't be able to keep up......................I told my passenger, hang one, we are not going to lose them.  I stayed in that roost for the entire ride (had to re rattle can the paint when I got home).  We were giggling like little school children the entire time, that car was a blast, and always ran.

Great Topic... :cheers:

Posted (edited)

Very cool, great way to get started. Props to giving him the tools to learn, he is working at the right place.

Edited by pinnedcr250f

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, John@Outfront Mtrsprts said:

he is interested can you show some pics of some of the items as he's not a member here yet.  That is So cool, Thanks

Ok so I got a light bar with 4 - HIDs , plus 4 individuals, 1 laser light, 2 mirrors w mounts, tach individual w mount, gauge pack and center consoleC2BF95A0-D192-4E6D-BB61-C03AFC532CC1.thumb.jpeg.60a72d6b044727d67c3776deeebf341d.jpeg19AD6CDD-492B-41C6-B68A-BD793760D048.thumb.jpeg.71cdafae9debd5638b5f75c8c0f7e066.jpeg

E8150BE4-3AEE-46AD-858C-8A55250583F0.thumb.jpeg.40147fde63b13d80c524013a3e6c4200.jpeg

2BE056E9-953E-4248-B9A5-7094B131ED5B.jpeg

Edited by DeviantDuner

20 hours ago, Cookie said:

My buddies bring this up all of the time, no idea how long ago, maybe 2001 or so.  I had a Johnnys Speed and Chrome mid engine with a 1835 engine.  Some how we hooked up with all these big cars rocking the newest V8 (Northstar).  We got into their ride, I took of the rear because they thought I won't be able to keep up......................I told my passenger, hang one, we are not going to lose them.  I stayed in that roost for the entire ride (had to re rattle can the paint when I got home).  We were giggling like little school children the entire time, that car was a blast, and always ran.

Always much more fun driving a slow car fast than a fast car slow...

Awesome to see!!

John, I have been meaning to call you and give feedback about Brian, but this thread works better. I know you deal with a lot of people, so you won't remember me, but I have been buying the stuff for my Subaru conversion sandcar from you, and actually just got it running. Brian built my wiring harness, and tuned the Stinger ecu. He kept in touch with me by phone, until everything was done and shipped. Harness looks great! He was very respectful and I could tell that he realized he is in the "service business", which is lacking in a lot of places now. Just wanted to pass on the good experience, so he realizes that it does make a difference. 

9 minutes ago, Okie Brian said:

John, I have been meaning to call you and give feedback about Brian, but this thread works better. I know you deal with a lot of people, so you won't remember me, but I have been buying the stuff for my Subaru conversion sandcar from you, and actually just got it running. Brian built my wiring harness, and tuned the Stinger ecu. He kept in touch with me by phone, until everything was done and shipped. Harness looks great! He was very respectful and I could tell that he realized he is in the "service business", which is lacking in a lot of places now. Just wanted to pass on the good experience, so he realizes that it does make a difference. 

🏆

8 hours ago, DeviantDuner said:

Ok so I got a light bar with 4 - HIDs , plus 4 individuals, 1 laser light, 2 mirrors w mounts, tach individual w mount, gauge pack and center consoleC2BF95A0-D192-4E6D-BB61-C03AFC532CC1.thumb.jpeg.60a72d6b044727d67c3776deeebf341d.jpeg19AD6CDD-492B-41C6-B68A-BD793760D048.thumb.jpeg.71cdafae9debd5638b5f75c8c0f7e066.jpeg

E8150BE4-3AEE-46AD-858C-8A55250583F0.thumb.jpeg.40147fde63b13d80c524013a3e6c4200.jpeg

2BE056E9-953E-4248-B9A5-7094B131ED5B.jpeg

what city?  I got him the pics.  I told him to only chose what hes going to install so we can see the progress.  thsnks again, nice!