bigsammy

Blast from the past...at least for me!

Every once in a while something cool happens.

This is my first bike...a 1970 Yamaha 125 Enduro that my Dad bought me when I was 11. It is one of the biggest parts of my history. This bike started the love of motorcycles for me that still is strong to this day! When he came home with it, I slept in the garage with it for 3 days and I could not touch the ground! I got my permit at fifteen and a half and rode it to school every day until I got a car! i got into so much trouble on this thing! One day when I was still in high school and friend of mine and I hopped on this thing and rode to the local Circle K during a break to buy a couple of Cokes. When we got back he dared me to ride my bike through the halls at school...during school...and I said...OK! Needless to say i got busted and sent home...but I did it and doing wheelies too! 🤣 It has 3600 original miles and i put every one of them on it! It's been in storage and has not seen the light of day for almost 40 years and last night it came home! The last time it was registered was 1977...when I graduated high school! To be honest...I thought it was lost a long time ago!
Looking at it brings back every good memory I had on it and i could not be happier! Having my fist bike parked next to my latest bike is a pretty big thrill!! Not sure what I plan on doing yet...restore it...or not restore it...not sure. I just love it's back in my hands where it will be loved again!!

Picture 13.jpg

20190506_180457.jpg

20190506_180519.jpg

20190506_180524.jpg

20190506_180900.jpg

20190506_180911.jpg

20190506_180930.jpg

20190506_180941.jpg

20190506_181200.jpg

It's a no brainer, restore it and relive the tale whenever someone new comes over and checks out your amazing stable of toys.

Don't restore it............... Clean it up, replace and repair the essentials. It's a survivor, enjoy it as such.

10 minutes ago, JM PRO said:

It's a no brainer, restore it and relive the tale whenever someone new comes over and checks out your amazing stable of toys.

What he said . 

Very happy for you, it is a very nice bike to have being it was your first.

This guy does custom restorations, has lots of knowledge and access to OEM or replacement parts, etc.

http://www.minigunz.com/

Walnut CA of the 57 fwy by 57/10 and 57/60 fwys.

:cheers:

Sweet bike, The 70’s were the days you  could ride a enduro everywhere in the streets and almost never have to worry about some idiot running into you.....  I miss those days!

That is so cool that it still exists and you get to enjoy it . . .

Love it!, hmmm brings back memories of doing donuts in my 350 v8 vega couple on senior ditch day in the community park.  then my harmonic balancer fell off (it was the pound on kind, no bolt--hey I was only 18 too, I didn't know any better) so then my car started over heating cause I had no water pump.  didn't think I would get out of there safely before the cops got there.

how did the bike "come back to you"  where was it stored?

restore it and go do wheelies down the halls!

Pretty amazing you still have it, I would wash it,squirt some WD in the cylinder, some new innertubes/tires and drive it

^^^^^^^^ :like:

1 minute ago, John@Outfront Mtrsprts said:

Love it!, hmmm brings back memories of doing donuts in my 350 v8 vega couple on senior ditch day in the community park.  then my harmonic balancer fell off (it was the pound on kind, no bolt--hey I was only 18 too, I didn't know any better) so then my car started over heating cause I had no water pump.  didn't think I would get out of there safely before the cops got there.

how did the bike "come back to you"  where was it stored?

When I graduated in 77 I started to going to collage. I drove my car so the bike was sidelined. It ended up in my Mom and Dads basement for a number of years. Then life...marriage ...kids come along and you lose track of things. I know when my parents moved out of their house and my little brother moved in the bike got moved to a storage container on the property...it was there for 25 years. I always wanted it back but never had the room. I heard about 10 years ago that the container had gotten broke into and a bunch of stuff was stolen...including the bike...so I never pursued it. Last week I was talking to my brother and he said one of the other bikes had been stolen but not mine! So I wanted it back and he said come get it!     

Just now, bigsammy said:

When I graduated in 77 I started to going to collage. I drove my car so the bike was sidelined. It ended up in my Mom and Dads basement for a number of years. Then life...marriage ...kids come along and you lose track of things. I know when my parents moved out of their house and my little brother moved in the bike got moved to a storage container on the property...it was there for 25 years. I always wanted it back but never had the room. I heard about 10 years ago that the container had gotten broke into and a bunch of stuff was stolen...including the bike...so I never pursued it. Last week I was talking to my brother and he said one of the other bikes had been stolen but not mine! So I wanted it back and he said come get it!     

fantastic!!!

7 minutes ago, bigsammy said:

DANG!!!!! What luck!!!!

It will only be original once, I wouldn't restore it. Clean that thing up and enjoy it the way is/was.

The really cool thing is that it is 100% all there! Just the way i parked it in 1977! Needs new tires and tubes, but the tank has no corrosion and there very little rust and even the paint is in pretty good shape.

2 minutes ago, Wheres Hotboat? said:

It will only be original once, I wouldn't restore it. Clean that thing up and enjoy it the way is/was.

I'm thinking more and more to go in this direction.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, JM PRO said:

DONT RESTORE THAT BIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep it original. 

Edited by ahipara 55

Personally I would do a light restore, get it running and maybe replace some chrome and have the paint repainted with new stickers.   Either way it seems very clean, might just need some TLC.

Clean it up / Its in GREAT SHAPE....a bunch of hours and some tlc and you will be blown away at what is there.. AWESOME !!!!

Glad you got it in time to have it in that awesome new man cave of yours

:cheers:

:poule:

Clean it up, get it running and enjoy telling stories about it. 

It’s just like you, a little worn, a little outdated, could use a litttle massaging, but up for some fun anytime!

DO NOT DO NOT restore it!! its a survivor..... and a very good one.

Clean it up. We were able to get my Dad’s Suzuki TS185 enduro looking pretty damned good after sitting under a tarp outside for a decade or so. Some chrome polish and paint polish and everything came out pretty damned good, even the rusted chrome. 

Crazy thing started after a couple of kicks without opening up the carb.