Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bigsammy

Blast from the past...at least for me!

I had one almost exactly like it but it was orange. Mine had an electric start on it. Great fun!

My uncle had a yellow one very close to yours that I wadded up pretty bad when o was about 13. It was fun to ride though. 

That is awesome bigsammy, great memories right there.  Clean her up, keep her forever 

You know I go home from work and go into the garage and look at the same way I did when I was 10 years old...it's the same feeling! :) 

What an awesome story!

Clean it up...I wouldn't restore it if it doesn't need it!

How cool would it be to say that bike is 100% original except maybe for inner tubes?

I'm sure a wash job, throw some wax on the tank and be done with it...well, then ride it!

:bigrin

Give it a nice dusting off, Change out all the fluids and rebuild the carb.  Then see what you have to work with, guessing there will be some seals that are toast might be a little trouble finding some stuff but I wouldn't polish or chrome or paint anything.  The only thing that would look new would be chain and sprockets

So I made the decision to not restore the bike and just clean it up and get it running again. The first step was to give it it's first bath since 1977 and once I got it on the lift...to tell the truth it looks pretty good! The cables are frozen, the carb needs to be cleaned  and it need tires but it has good compression. We also moved my wife's 72 240Z into the shop to get started on that. I have a Wilwood big brake kit for it...so disk brakes all the way around... and it needs a battery but we got it running again and it runs like a top!! I was hoping to have them both ready for our Charity Car and Bike show next month but I don't think they are going to make it. For sure...next year!  

20190512_115731_resized.jpg

20190512_115747_resized.jpg

20190512_150701_resized.jpg

20190512_150713_resized.jpg

20190512_155316_resized.jpg

More Links

©2001 GlamisDunes.com.
All rights reserved.