Mac

Anyone else here sick of all the Q Anon and Pro Trump crap?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, badgas said:
  •  like most political arguments, this will go nowhere. I do have a take for those who say they didn't get help from the tax break. Have you run the numbers to see where you would come out if you didn't have such HIGH state income taxes? What does that have to do with the Federal Income Tax?  Sorry but that was Trump telling NY and California to eff off and if they don't like it then they can lower their State burden. We all know that will never happen. It sucks, but it is bittersweet because it opens everyone's eyes to how bad we are getting taxed. Instead of blaming Trump why not blame Brown, Newsome, etc. for this brutal state that is taxing its citizen's into poverty.  I sort of laugh when I hear the uninformed bitch about not getting to write off more than 10K of state taxes.  Where you ok buying that exemption in the past? 

Edit to ad: The writeoff for state taxes? You think that is what pisses us off? What about the only write off is the one basic write off?  What about unreimbursed business expenses, medical and mortgage interest? Are you okay with losing all of your normal deductions in lieu of what Trump says your deduction should be and that's it? Seriously? 

The state income tax did not show any real change for us this year, but fed taxes went way up, due to decrease in allowable deductions.  How does it help the middle class when they lose their job-related deductions, but companies do not? I would just love to hear you guys explain that one away.   The Fed income tax filing is simplified,  they are withholding less from each check, but damn, what a raping they gave us this year.  Add salt to the wound, we get fined for having our withholding too low(we had with holding set for about a zero-out bill every April).  Tax genius' and Trump followers, please rationalize that for me. 

I am not sure just what lower taxes folks are paying, but they surely didn't trickle down to this poor middle class family. 

Edited by WLD-OTZ

17 minutes ago, WLD-OTZ said:

The state income tax did not show any real change for us this year, but fed taxes went way up, due to decrease in allowable deductions.  How does it help the middle class when they lose their job-related deductions, but companies do not? I would just love to hear you guys explain that one away.   The Fed income tax filing is simplified,  they are withholding less from each check, but damn, what a raping they gave us this year.  Add salt to the wound, we get fined for having our withholding too low(we had with holding set for about a zero-out bill every April).  Tax genius' and Trump followers, please rationalize that for me. 

I am not sure just what lower taxes folks are paying, but they surely didn't trickle down to this poor middle class family. 

Meah, rich people problems...

11 minutes ago, BaBaBouy said:

Meah, rich people problems...

Rich people have found how to keep their wealth, obviously, we aren't there yet. 

Housing is on an 18 year-ish cycle.  Expect the next fallout 2024-ish.  It might not be as bad as 2008 but still.   AND...if Trump gets re-elected, will it be his fault?  I wouldn't necessarily say so.  It's just what it is.

I'm glad to see the Trump administration's plan to emphasize job skills and education over family ties for incoming immigrants. They also came up with a plan for citizenship for current illegals.

That's about 10,000x more than any previous president accomplished on that problem. It's about time we stopped taking in illiterate illegal refugees who learn how to rip off the social services system and IRS and start getting more skilled labor in here.

1 hour ago, WLD-OTZ said:

Rich people have found how to keep their wealth, obviously, we aren't there yet. 

Moving out of Cali is a good first step I’ve heard.

3 minutes ago, BaBaBouy said:

Moving out of Cali is a good first step I’ve heard.

Soon....soon....

Just now, Mac said:

Soon....soon....

Come up here for a look-see prior to deciding on a destination...

2 minutes ago, BaBaBouy said:

I ain't scared...

49 minutes ago, BaBaBouy said:

I was raised in Iduho, no need to go back, and especially not to the town where they threatened us with reform school!

We will probably pick somewhere on the river is AZ.

8 minutes ago, WLD-OTZ said:

I was raised in Iduho, no need to go back, and especially not to the town where they threatened us with reform school!

We will probably pick somewhere on the river is AZ.

Are you threatening me?

Sounds like we might end up as neighbors.

3 minutes ago, Mac said:

Are you threatening me?

I have a boat.... you bring the Ice Cold Delicious Beverage.. 

22 minutes ago, Mac said:

Are you threatening me?

BBB,...….. I am moving there......PLEASE UNINVITE Mac...……. I do not want him there

Thanks,

:poule:

23 hours ago, WLD-OTZ said:

Edit to ad: The writeoff for state taxes? You think that is what pisses us off? What about the only write off is the one basic write off?  What about unreimbursed business expenses, medical and mortgage interest? Are you okay with losing all of your normal deductions in lieu of what Trump says your deduction should be and that's it? Seriously? 

Did you take the standard deduction? My taxes were Itemized because my write-offs exceeded the standard deduction.  Mortgage interest is deductible up to a 1 million loan amount?  Hope your CPA compared the two, standard vs actual and gave you the bigger deduction. 

3 hours ago, badgas said:

Did you take the standard deduction? My taxes were Itemized because my write-offs exceeded the standard deduction.  Mortgage interest is deductible up to a 1 million loan amount?  Hope your CPA compared the two, standard vs actual and gave you the bigger deduction. 

what we were told we ONLY get the 24K standard deduction, wife drives miles for work(outside sales) and that is no longer deductible if she is an employee, only if she is a business.

On 5/17/2019 at 12:24 PM, WLD-OTZ said:

what we were told we ONLY get the 24K standard deduction, wife drives miles for work(outside sales) and that is no longer deductible if she is an employee, only if she is a business.

Dang !

That sucks big time, I was not aware of that. I'm in outside sales as well but we get a tax free reimbursement for miles and expenses so have never dealt with that via tax returns. I have heard of sales people that changed their status to be independent contractors now I know why.  As for getting a fine for underpayment of monthly taxes, that is not new. I have been dinged for that many times by trying to better manage my withholdings then getting burned for not paying enough. 

Trump voters are still alive. DON~~~

Show Low 002.JPG

Show Low 003.JPG

Show Low 004.JPG

Show Low 005.JPG

35 minutes ago, donparscale said:

Trump voters are still alive. DON~~~

Show Low 002.JPG

Show Low 003.JPG

Show Low 004.JPG

Show Low 005.JPG

I voted for the man. But... Why...? He’s some dude we gotta elected President. Not king. :bigrin 

Edited by Rockwood

53 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

I voted for the man. But... Why...? He’s some dude we gotta elected President. Not king. :bigrin 

it is called Margin... Profit Margin. Buy low, sell high, get people to pay great money for crap, because 'it's for the children'. 

Can't blame the business model, Auto Zone been schlepping crap for decades.. 

Cant please them all but THAT ^^^^^^^^ is a great start... Capitalism ... King no... he will be gone 2024... Then what? Pence.. hope we have someone else lined up..