Jump to content
Mac

Anyone else here sick of all the Q Anon and Pro Trump crap?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, badgas said:
  •  like most political arguments, this will go nowhere. I do have a take for those who say they didn't get help from the tax break. Have you run the numbers to see where you would come out if you didn't have such HIGH state income taxes? What does that have to do with the Federal Income Tax?  Sorry but that was Trump telling NY and California to eff off and if they don't like it then they can lower their State burden. We all know that will never happen. It sucks, but it is bittersweet because it opens everyone's eyes to how bad we are getting taxed. Instead of blaming Trump why not blame Brown, Newsome, etc. for this brutal state that is taxing its citizen's into poverty.  I sort of laugh when I hear the uninformed bitch about not getting to write off more than 10K of state taxes.  Where you ok buying that exemption in the past? 

Edit to ad: The writeoff for state taxes? You think that is what pisses us off? What about the only write off is the one basic write off?  What about unreimbursed business expenses, medical and mortgage interest? Are you okay with losing all of your normal deductions in lieu of what Trump says your deduction should be and that's it? Seriously? 

The state income tax did not show any real change for us this year, but fed taxes went way up, due to decrease in allowable deductions.  How does it help the middle class when they lose their job-related deductions, but companies do not? I would just love to hear you guys explain that one away.   The Fed income tax filing is simplified,  they are withholding less from each check, but damn, what a raping they gave us this year.  Add salt to the wound, we get fined for having our withholding too low(we had with holding set for about a zero-out bill every April).  Tax genius' and Trump followers, please rationalize that for me. 

I am not sure just what lower taxes folks are paying, but they surely didn't trickle down to this poor middle class family. 

Edited by WLD-OTZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, WLD-OTZ said:

The state income tax did not show any real change for us this year, but fed taxes went way up, due to decrease in allowable deductions.  How does it help the middle class when they lose their job-related deductions, but companies do not? I would just love to hear you guys explain that one away.   The Fed income tax filing is simplified,  they are withholding less from each check, but damn, what a raping they gave us this year.  Add salt to the wound, we get fined for having our withholding too low(we had with holding set for about a zero-out bill every April).  Tax genius' and Trump followers, please rationalize that for me. 

I am not sure just what lower taxes folks are paying, but they surely didn't trickle down to this poor middle class family. 

Meah, rich people problems...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BaBaBouy said:

Meah, rich people problems...

Rich people have found how to keep their wealth, obviously, we aren't there yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Housing is on an 18 year-ish cycle.  Expect the next fallout 2024-ish.  It might not be as bad as 2008 but still.   AND...if Trump gets re-elected, will it be his fault?  I wouldn't necessarily say so.  It's just what it is.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad to see the Trump administration's plan to emphasize job skills and education over family ties for incoming immigrants. They also came up with a plan for citizenship for current illegals.

That's about 10,000x more than any previous president accomplished on that problem. It's about time we stopped taking in illiterate illegal refugees who learn how to rip off the social services system and IRS and start getting more skilled labor in here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WLD-OTZ said:

Rich people have found how to keep their wealth, obviously, we aren't there yet. 

Moving out of Cali is a good first step I’ve heard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BaBaBouy said:

Moving out of Cali is a good first step I’ve heard.

Soon....soon....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mac said:

Soon....soon....

Come up here for a look-see prior to deciding on a destination...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BaBaBouy said:

Come up here for a look-see prior to deciding on a destination...

I ain't scared...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, BaBaBouy said:

Come up here for a look-see prior to deciding on a destination...

I was raised in Iduho, no need to go back, and especially not to the town where they threatened us with reform school!

We will probably pick somewhere on the river is AZ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, WLD-OTZ said:

I was raised in Iduho, no need to go back, and especially not to the town where they threatened us with reform school!

We will probably pick somewhere on the river is AZ.

Are you threatening me?

Sounds like we might end up as neighbors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mac said:

Are you threatening me?

Sounds like we might end up as neighbors.

I have a boat.... you bring the Ice Cold Delicious Beverage.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Mac said:

Are you threatening me?

Sounds like we might end up as neighbors.

BBB,...….. I am moving there......PLEASE UNINVITE Mac...……. I do not want him there

 

Thanks,

:poule:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, WLD-OTZ said:

Edit to ad: The writeoff for state taxes? You think that is what pisses us off? What about the only write off is the one basic write off?  What about unreimbursed business expenses, medical and mortgage interest? Are you okay with losing all of your normal deductions in lieu of what Trump says your deduction should be and that's it? Seriously? 

The state income tax did not show any real change for us this year, but fed taxes went way up, due to decrease in allowable deductions.  How does it help the middle class when they lose their job-related deductions, but companies do not? I would just love to hear you guys explain that one away.   The Fed income tax filing is simplified,  they are withholding less from each check, but damn, what a raping they gave us this year.  Add salt to the wound, we get fined for having our withholding too low(we had with holding set for about a zero-out bill every April).  Tax genius' and Trump followers, please rationalize that for me. 

I am not sure just what lower taxes folks are paying, but they surely didn't trickle down to this poor middle class family. 

 

Did you take the standard deduction? My taxes were Itemized because my write-offs exceeded the standard deduction.  Mortgage interest is deductible up to a 1 million loan amount?  Hope your CPA compared the two, standard vs actual and gave you the bigger deduction. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, badgas said:

 

Did you take the standard deduction? My taxes were Itemized because my write-offs exceeded the standard deduction.  Mortgage interest is deductible up to a 1 million loan amount?  Hope your CPA compared the two, standard vs actual and gave you the bigger deduction. 

what we were told we ONLY get the 24K standard deduction, wife drives miles for work(outside sales) and that is no longer deductible if she is an employee, only if she is a business.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2019 at 12:24 PM, WLD-OTZ said:

what we were told we ONLY get the 24K standard deduction, wife drives miles for work(outside sales) and that is no longer deductible if she is an employee, only if she is a business.

Dang !

 That sucks big time, I was not aware of that. I'm in outside sales as well but we get a tax free reimbursement for miles and expenses so have never dealt with that via tax returns. I have heard of sales people that changed their status to be independent contractors now I know why.  As for getting a fine for underpayment of monthly taxes, that is not new. I have been dinged for that many times by trying to better manage my withholdings then getting burned for not paying enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump voters are still alive. DON~~~

Show Low 002.JPG

Show Low 003.JPG

Show Low 004.JPG

Show Low 005.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, donparscale said:

Trump voters are still alive. DON~~~

Show Low 002.JPG

Show Low 003.JPG

Show Low 004.JPG

Show Low 005.JPG

I voted for the man. But... Why...? He’s some dude we gotta elected President. Not king. :bigrin 

Edited by Rockwood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

I voted for the man. But... Why...? He’s some dude we gotta elected President. Not king. :bigrin 

it is called Margin... Profit Margin. Buy low, sell high, get people to pay great money for crap, because 'it's for the children'. 

 

Can't blame the business model, Auto Zone been schlepping crap for decades.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cant please them all but THAT ^^^^^^^^ is a great start... Capitalism ... King no... he will be gone 2024... Then what? Pence.. hope we have someone else lined up..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MAC,  there are a variety of companies out there that seek to employ veterans.   With your background in aviation, there is places like general atomics, Lockheed-martin, boeing, bell, looking for guy's like you.

It's hard to believe your unemployed.  Some law enforcement agencies are looking for vets, Use your vet pref. for a federal job.  Don't give up, there out there.

 

As for the prez..   Though I'm not a fan of how he speaks of others on twitter etc, I cant help but appreciate the effort to try and  turn around and hold the VA more accountable, and separate those who thought the va was a free ride .  I appreciate that he has the guts to promote America in a strong light, where others begged for forgiveness and show weakness.    Where he expects other countries  to become more financially responsible for their own security cost.  Attempting to renegotiate bad trade agreements.  Since day one,  the man hit the ground running, and has tried to improve things and make this country better.  That sure is different than the what the last guy did.   I remember all the big tarp spending and shovel ready jobs that were promised, and nothing happened.

Look what would of happened if he didn't get elected...  All this investigation crap would have never came to light, and those people involved, would have never been outed.  This President , came at the right time, to shake things up, and is  trying to make the country better as a whole.   You cant tell me that with all the underhanded and shady things the Clintons have done and are involved in, shows enough character and leadership standards to lead the country? No way sir.  It's scary to see what could have been if Clinton was in place.  2 more seats on the supreme court would have been filled with the likes of the last two kooks the last guy put in.  Enough of this,  Give the guy a break, He's not the life long politician out there that over promises, and under delivers.  Sometimes,  its good to see someone give a damn, and not afraid to punch someone in the nose when needed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2019 at 12:25 PM, Rockwood said:

I voted for the man. But... Why...? He’s some dude we gotta elected President. Not king. :bigrin 

It's easy.

The more we act like Trump is King, the more it drives the Libtards absolutely batshit crazy. That's good enough for me! Whenever I feel like laughing my ass off, I just go to YT and watch some of the leftard snowflake meltdown videos again. They're priceless!

:lmao:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dunno what everyone is so focused on the next election for. If voting made a diff they wouldnt let you do it. They have been trying to overturn the last election since before inauguration. Just like they did with thomas jefferson. This crap has been going on since 1796 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I miss the old days when we had elections every couple of years and got back to our lives. Now a days its 24/7/365 days a year. It's worse then Christmas season which by the way is only a couple months away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SANDPSYCHO said:

I miss the old days when we had elections every couple of years and got back to our lives. Now a days its 24/7/365 days a year. It's worse then Christmas season which by the way is only a couple months away.

522 days until election and it's daily news. Idiots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Preview Post

More Links

©2001 GlamisDunes.com.
All rights reserved.

×
×
  • Create New...