John@Outfront Mtrsprts

going under the knife (again, now for #2)

17 minutes ago, John@Outfront Mtrsprts said:

that was one of 10 things I got.  they said the narcotics going to plug me up.  going out to dinner now in murrieta with some friends at one of my favorite Italian places

McDonald's usually works for me. :lol:

Glad your up and about.

My brother had emergency spleen surgery, and when he left the hospital he had a similar looking care package.  The Doc told him to the LAX when he got home.  And, do not leave.  You will think that it's not working, and a few minutes later will be wondering if you'll make to to the throne.   LOL

Stay put...

15 hours ago, John@Outfront Mtrsprts said:

getting first of two new hips this AM. by th he time you read this I should be out of surgery. they start at 5:15am. they s as y as long as I can walk and pee I can leave by noon, walking out,!  they are going to lengthen me too. I was pretty calm before but now that the operation is only 1.5 hours away I'm getting s little excited.  

Was this at the request of the better half?       :lol:

Glad to hear the surgery went great! That's amazing you were able to walk out right after the surgery! Don't push yourself too hard, take some time to let yourself heal up!

Praying for a speedy recovery.  Best wishes John!

2 hours ago, RK Racing said:

You are looking real “”Hip”” :yay:

My whole family is cheering for a speedy recovery for you................. we are chanting “”Hip-Hip Hooray!!!”” :bigrin

4 minutes ago, RK Racing said:

My whole family is cheering for a speedy recovery for you................. we are chanting “”Hip-Hip Hooray!!!”” :bigrin

cute, I like it

Glad it went well. Gotta love the happy socks the hospital makes you wear.

Amazing! I had one done 8 years ago. was in the hospital for the next two days, and could barely walk for the following two. I  thought that was amazing stuff. NOW it's out patient surgery! Congrats on the new hardware. Just be careful and take it easy.

Prayers!

Posted (edited)

Good luck on your recovery John!

Edited by Phoenix7

Makes me wonder about my coworker who just came back to work (also a hip replacement) about a week ago and he was out for exactly 3 months and as I have already stated his insurance is making him work for one month right now and then in about three more weeks he has surgery for the other hip.  Of course everyone’s healing process is different. But WOW!  You are going out for dinner tonight! WOW!!! That is GREAT!

8 hours ago, RK Racing said:

Makes me wonder about my coworker who just came back to work (also a hip replacement) about a week ago and he was out for exactly 3 months and as I have already stated his insurance is making him work for one month right now and then in about three more weeks he has surgery for the other hip.  Of course everyone’s healing process is different. But WOW!  You are going out for dinner tonight! WOW!!! That is GREAT!

pain is very little with the pain pill concoction .  getting in and out of bed is the worst part. maybe a 5 out of 10 for the brief moment.  I walked from my bed to the kitchen  this am with no Walker or cane.  just to check it out.  I have PT nurse coming out today to help me with exercises and the dos and don'ts.  they have compression socks on me full blood clots.  I have noticed the little bulges in  my  calfs as I got older.  they said I should really be wearing these all the time as I work on my feet.   any input of you guys wearing them for work?  going to go searching on Ebay and buy me a dozen!

11 hours ago, socaldmax said:

Was this at the request of the better half?       :lol:

Glad to hear the surgery went great! That's amazing you were able to walk out right after the surgery! Don't push yourself too hard, take some time to let yourself heal up!

Haha.  they did lengthen me by about .25" they do that to stretch the ligaments etc so it's got a little more pressure keeping it all together.  I had an anterior compared to a posterior  cut.  it's harder for the doctors but has less restrictions after.  only two things is to  keep my toes pointing forward. rotating so my toes go out is forbidden  and I can't do a ballerina move and stretch my led backwards as it would try to open up the wound. 

while sleeping pain is a zero.  if I tighten my leg muscles it feels like I have a Charlie horse  or big bruise on my thigh. that's it.

glad ur doing well

Well done Champ.  Soon you will be back in the green machine.  Hang tough sir

14 minutes ago, Sndsamplr said:

Well done Champ.  Soon you will be back in the green machine.  Hang tough sir

this was the plan all along.  waited the whole season for this date.  they called and said they have a cancellation in Jan and I could take the spot....no way. I had a few guys that I needed to race in the dunes!

Glad you are doing great!

I'm pleased you're doing well.

Hips can be an issue, so listen to the PT person.

When I was prepping for my first knee, I was at the blood bank, and the guy next to me was doing a "Re-do" on his hip.

Seems he over did it and the hip jumped out of the socket.

Slow and steady gets the job done. :thumbup:

16 minutes ago, JDMeister said:

I'm pleased you're doing well.

Hips can be an issue, so listen to the PT person.

When I was prepping for my first knee, I was at the blood bank, and the guy next to me was doing a "Re-do" on his hip.

Seems he over did it and the hip jumped out of the socket.

Slow and steady gets the job done. :thumbup:

I will, thanks for the reminder

Glad to hear you’re doing well and hope you’ll be able to keep the pedal to the metal when you get back into the dunes.

Don’t worry, I just looked out the Moho window and the dunes are still here. 

Right on John, can't wait for cliff hanger stories to continue! Need you back hip-notizing the dunes :dunerdude:

12 minutes ago, DuneTrack-N said:

Right on John, can't wait for cliff hanger stories to continue! 

^^^^^^ This.

Get Well soon.

Dean

So glad it went well and you are on the mend - you are a tough dude and you always are positive and that really helps!