John@Outfront Mtrsprts

going under the knife (again, now for #2)

yes sir,  drove the rhino around today.  both a nurse came out today. all vitals  are fine. the PA said the only thing I need to work on is slowing down!

eat some Hot Spice that fixs everything

10 hours ago, JDMeister said:

I'm pleased you're doing well.

Hips can be an issue, so listen to the PT person.

When I was prepping for my first knee, I was at the blood bank, and the guy next to me was doing a "Re-do" on his hip.

Seems he over did it and the hip jumped out of the socket.

Slow and steady gets the job done. :thumbup:

When I had my first hip done my wife ask the surgeon if it was O.K. for me to ride my quad in the dunes and he said you think the operation hurt wait until you have to fly me out to put it back in after your crash knocking it out of socket. DON~~~

15 hours ago, donparscale said:

When I had my first hip done my wife ask the surgeon if it was O.K. for me to ride my quad in the dunes and he said you think the operation hurt wait until you have to fly me out to put it back in after your crash knocking it out of socket. DON~~~

It is not like a ball joint in a car it is not pressed in only the muscles hold it in so you have to wait for the muscles to heal to hold it in. DON~~~

Great seeing you and meeting your wife today.  Can't believe you're already up and moving around!

Posted (edited)

same meeting your wife.  the drive was a ways from our house and with the other trips in the area I was 2 hours late for pain meds.  it isn't really bad.  I even went with a friend to pick up two of my tractors I rented and drove the big one home from 2 miles away!.  on Monday they take the large bandaid off.  not much swelling if any.  then I can take a shower but no submersion in water for 2 months.  planning a short day at work on Tuesday and 100% on thursday 

Edited by John@Outfront Mtrsprts

13 minutes ago, John@Outfront Mtrsprts said:

same meeting your wife.  the drive was a ways from our house and with the other trips in the area I was 2 hours late for pain meds.  it isn't really bad.  I even went with a friend to pick up two of my tractors I rented and drove the big one home from 2 miles away!.  on Monday they take the large bandaid off.  not much swelling if any.  then I can take a shower but no submersion in water for 2 months.  planning a short day at work on Tuesday and 100% on thursday 

I always taped on saran wrap with water proof tape to take a shower, no way i was waiting a week to take a shower from my surgeries 

26 minutes ago, JDMeister said:

that's funny.  I just got my bandaid off today. looks great.  I just spent 3 hours in my skid steer relocating 30 buckets of rock on a previously impassable road/hill.  going into work for a trial tuesday.

#2 Hip coming up on Monday,  the first one healed so quickly the doctor has never let a patient of his get the second one before 4 months of recovery.  hes letting me get mine in 3 months.  Kaiser, $250 total

The steel company?

Good luck! Heel up fast! :thumbup:

Sand show in 5 weeks!:rbj:

full hip replacent 5 hours earlier.  suppose to be in bed and using a walker.  wife says ' no bells" so i had to get my own ice. lol

You are an animal! Glad it went well!

Be glad it was hips and not knees. The knee recovery is not so fun. 

Let’s go dirt bike riding! 🙂 

How did it go? Did they remember to add 1" to this side as well?

;)

Prayers for a speedy recovery.