big_daddy_jp

Garage model 5ers

I know this will probably get moved but I thought it might get more exposure here. I have a 2006 WW 38ft 5er right now. We bought it new in 2005 when we still had a sand car. Now we have a 2 seat rzr and a couple quads. Even though our trailer is still real nice, we have talked about upgrading. We have decided that unless we buy a garage model, we will just keep our trailer. With that being said, I figure I can get away with a 14' garage model if I stand the quads up. I've spent a lot of time trying to research my needs but thought maybe you guys could help! I'm trying to find the shortest trailer possible with a 14' garage. I still use my trailer for camping in parks so I need it as short as possible! Also, a clean used trailer would fit my budget best since the new trailers I've seen are $70k plus! Any ideas? 

Short and 14ft garage are not going to happen. You're looking about 40ft to get a 14ft garage. 

Might be some good info in this thread, although it is focused more on 16'+

just about all 14'' garages have the same chassis size, 45-46 foot, the 10 foot and 12 foot garage seem to be smaller chassis but not by much if you are stuck on a 14 then the resale might just suck, to small for sand car to big for the quad guy,  

if you have a 16 resale might be better,

Build it yourself. 

Option B: put some $$ into some nice materials / time and update the Warrior and make it exactly what you want. You can high end re upolstur it / new flooring and "Build That Wall"...…. Its not that difficult (just time) but the end result will be beautiful.

Just a thought!

:poule:

I've found a few 14' garage models that are 40' trailers. That's about as long as I would want my trailer. What you guys are saying does make a lot of sense though. I know I could get a shorter trailer if I don't buy a garage model but that would seem to defeat my purpose. Building a wall and making my own could work but that would leave me with only 4' between the wall and the kitchen cabinet! 

Sounds like it is time to move over to a Class A and an enclosed. Best of both worlds. Motorhome to use anywhere, add the enclosed when you want to go to G.

i have a 42' keystone fuzion 5th wheel with a 12'-6'' garage.i have a sliding glass door that divides it from the living space. bolth side of living space are sliders.if i removed my glass door slider out and used a curtin if i wanted to  again.but with bolth slides in a glass door removed i can gain 23'' with glass slider removed.

Come on bro, you know the wife won't let me have a motorhome! Not to mention, I bought a new truck at the first of the year.

Oh come on, she grew up with a MH, take her back to her roots. But I get it.

Damn Baller! Wish I could afford a new truck (sheet! or a newer truck for that matter).

Sounds like building a divider might be the simplest answer. Getting into a longer 5th wheel will start to impacting your choices of non-desert destinations. We have had run been running across a lot more places that have length limits then we used to.  

most 14 foot garages are around 43-foot, so might be hard to find what you want,