dbart

Fun with Home Depot and CW Products

OK, Boys and girls let's play Multiple Guess!

Over a month ago, I ordered New sliding mirror doors from Home Depot: 120"w x 96"h, (3) Doors, Shaker style with Mirror inset and track! This is all spelled out on the order, very clear mind you.

Now let's see if you can guess what happened...

A) Everything came in on time and exactly how I ordered it and I'm just writing this for fun.

B) Everything came in on time but instead of Mirror insets, was Frosted glass. Wtf! :simrak:

C) Order came in wrong so had to return the whole thing. Seriously, :wtf: :simrak: 

D) Returned order came back correct but instead of 120" track, they sent 96" track.  OMFG are you effing kidding me :simrak: 

E) After sending back the 96" track, New track came in and they made it 121" that does not fit my 120" opening!!! HOLY EFF BOMB MOTHER EFFING @$%#$^@#$^@#%^ :wtf: :simrak: 

:explode:

F) B, C, D, E  :bag:

Waiting for a call from the lady at Home Depot...yes I'm on the edge of my effing seat waiting......still waiting.....crickets.....hello......

Have you requested an adjustment from the Assistant or Store Manager?  I had a similar thing (multiple bathtubs ordered and every one was damaged) and got a $100 credit as well as very accommodating pricing on my next order (20-ish percent off).  

21 minutes ago, dbart said:

Over a month ago, I ordered New sliding mirror doors from Home Depot: 120"w x 96"h, (3) Doors, Shaker style with Mirror inset and track! This is all spelled out on the order, very clear mind you.

A) Everything came in on time and exactly how I ordered it and I'm just writing this for fun.

B) Everything came in on time but instead of Mirror insets, was Frosted glass. Wtf! :simrak:

C) Order came in wrong so had to return the whole thing. Seriously, :wtf: :simrak: 

D) Returned order came back correct but instead of 120" track, they sent 96" track.  OMFG are you effing kidding me :simrak: 

E) After sending back the 96" track, New track came in and they made it 121" that does not fit my 120" opening!!! HOLY EFF BOMB MOTHER EFFING @$%#$^@#$^@#%^ :wtf: :simrak: 

Waiting for a call from the lady at Home Depot...yes I'm on the edge of my effing seat waiting......still waiting.....crickets.....hello......

Who knew 1 inch could mean so much ..... haha

Hope they get their ish together and get you taken care.

14 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

Have you requested an adjustment from the Assistant or Store Manager?  I had a similar thing (multiple bathtubs ordered and every one was damaged) and got a $100 credit as well as very accommodating pricing on my next order (20-ish percent off).  

Oh another thing...the over charged me $138.44 and  credited me that back, but yeah...I'm gonna ask for some sort of adjustment!!!

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, dbart said:

Been there done this 3 times with them the company will say to cut the track to length, they only make them in standard lengths, i used tape to protect surface and cut with a portaband. They do look nice when finished, why i keep using them. If you really wanna have some fun, order custom size new construction windows. I’ve done 15 windows and two sliders (jeldwin from home depot) Maybe two windows were close to my specified dimensions. 1 180”. They put the wrong effing glass in my 140” slider so it flexed like a sunnovabeach, i made the factory come and replace them at my house, they wanted me to take it back out and be without a door for two weeks. I feel yore pain, but that closet is gonna look great in the end! Post up photos!

Edited by sausage450r

1 minute ago, sausage450r said:

Been there done this 3 times with them the company will say to cut the track to length, they only make them in standard lengths, i used tape to protect surface and cut with a portaband. They do look nice when finished, why i keep using them. If you really wanna have some fun, order custom size new construction windows. I’ve done 15 windows and two sliders. Maybe two windows were close to my specified dimensions. 1 180”. They put the wrong effing glass in my 140” slider so it flexed like a sunnovabeach, i made the factory come and replace them at my house, they wanted me to take it back out and be without a door for two weeks. I feel yore pain, but that closet is gonna look great in the end! Post up photos!

Nothing was custom...these sizes are all standard. Check the box what size you need...

Over all opening size: 120" x 96"

Finish: White

Inset material: Mirror

If I have to cut it to fit after giving them the size opening I need, I wouldn't have ordered it from them.

It boggles my mind.

At work we have built Custom Exhibits worth 100's of thousands of dollars in less time than a standard sized set of closet doors!

:simrak:

So are you coming out of the closet ?? Hahaha 

my parents ordered blinds for their home through home depot, they are now on their 4th set and probably 4th installer on the sliding door, they can not get it right. 

1500 miles away and they still have the same service I see...

Around here we call Lowe’s-Lowlifes and Home Depot-Home Desperate.

We drive the extra miles to go to Menards but I think they are only in the Midwest.

26 minutes ago, Romans9 said:

1500 miles away and they still have the same service I see...

Around here we call Lowe’s-Lowlifes and Home Depot-Home Desperate.

We drive the extra miles to go to Menards but I think they are only in the Midwest.

But Menards  sponsor race cars which is good. DON~~~

1 hour ago, dbart said:

that does not fit my opening!!! 

Things she never said for $600, Alex. 

OMG...so I talk to Home Depot, and CW Says they make it longer in case the room is out of square! 

But....but...um, The old track that is there is just fine at 120"...the new one should be too! UGH!!!!!!

So, just like @sausage450r says..."I" Need to cut to fit! :kenk:

So, I'm going at Lunch to get it and my work is going to cut it.

3 minutes ago, WLD-OTZ said:

Things she never said for $600, Alex. 

If you're gonna quote...quote it right!

I said that won't fit my 120" Opening!

:lmao:

1 hour ago, hondajimz said:

So are you coming out of the closet ?? Hahaha 

You dumb dumb! :lmao:

1 minute ago, dbart said:

If you're gonna quote...quote it right!

I said that won't fit my 120" Opening!

:lmao:

1" is 1", spin it however you want it... 

3 minutes ago, dbart said:

OMG...so I talk to Home Depot, and CW Says they make it longer in case the room is out of square! 

But....but...um, The old track that is there is just fine at 120"...the new one should be too! UGH!!!!!!

So, just like @sausage450r says..."I" Need to cut to fit! :kenk:

So, I'm going at Lunch to get it and my work is going to cut it.

Buy a saw and cut it your own self.. Harbor freight is having a sale

Just now, WLD-OTZ said:

Buy a saw and cut it your own self.. Harbor freight is having a sale

NO! :smack:

Work is gonna do it. It will take about 3.275601 seconds as opposed to if I try to cut it. It will turn into a 3 beer job and end with bent corners, cut way too short!

2 minutes ago, dbart said:

NO! :smack:

Work is gonna do it. It will take about 3.275601 seconds as opposed to if I try to cut it. It will turn into a 3 beer job and end with bent corners, cut way too short!

wimmins prefer men with confidence. 

maybe Harbor Freight will have a coupon for a track stretcher/corner straightener.. 

Just now, WLD-OTZ said:

maybe Harbor Freight will have a coupon for a track stretcher/corner straightener.. 

I am confident I have people that can do this!

:oto:

Just now, WLD-OTZ said:

Can it wait until Memorial Day?

25_percent_off_1557681741.4253.jpg

Just now, Rockwood said:

Can it wait until Memorial Day?

25_percent_off_1557681741.4253.jpg

Wife is out of town..want to get them installed before she comes home.

I'm probably putting them in tonight.

Welcome to my world...……..except it's not Home Depot. It's "professionals". Amazing some of the stuff we see.

Of course Home Depot has their stuff done by the "professionals". Maybe that explains it. It's only become worse due to the over abundance of stupid people in the work force.

FYI, you should be able to cut that rack with a hacksaw.....?

Mirror closet doors in the bedroom!!!!!!!

NICE!!!!:sraptor:

1 minute ago, Wash 10 Crew said:

Mirror closet doors in the bedroom!!!!!!!

NICE!!!!:sraptor:

:bigrin

7 minutes ago, spize909 said:

Welcome to my world...……..except it's not Home Depot. It's "professionals". Amazing some of the stuff we see.

Of course Home Depot has their stuff done by the "professionals". Maybe that explains it. It's only become worse due to the over abundance of stupid people in the work force.

FYI, you should be able to cut that rack with a hacksaw.....?

Probably due to an overabundance of jobs.  Getting to the point where I'll hire anyone who applies...  HR guy and I have near weekly meetings since someone is facking up somewhere on a constant basis.