socaldmax

It seemed like a good idea at the time...

I'm not a big fan of naming kids oddball names, like Moon Unit, or Blanket, or Blue Ivy, but WTH, it's not my kid. I heard on the radio recently that over the course of the last few years, over 5,000 couples have decided they wanted to name their daughters Khaleesi. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

Well all of that changed Sunday night. 

I wonder how many of them are going to change their names to something less controversial? Like Adolph, or Ted Bundy. 

The sad part is all of the people who think she did the right thing and the innocent people she killed deserved it for cheering when the took ole Neds head.

I wanted to name our son Doc Holiday for a first and middle name but my wife squished that idea.

Never heard of that name before  :dunno:

I wanted to name our first daughter Robin Ann . In-laws threatened massive amounts of bodily injuries.

18 minutes ago, dbatman said:

I wanted to name our first daughter Robin Ann . In-laws threatened massive amounts of bodily injuries.

Careful there, wife's name is ruth-ann and youngest daughter is raygen Ann. Your in laws should let u do your  own thing!!! 

42 minutes ago, TD said:

Never heard of that name before  :dunno:

That is because yore not a Game of Thrones dork.  Be thankful . . .

4 minutes ago, South Bay said:

That is because yore not a Game of Thrones dork.  Be thankful . . .

Thanks for that.  I was searching for the latest "mass shooting".

One of the Vietnamese guys at my wife's work was having a kid and she told me they were going to name the kid Maverick. A little odd I thought, but as mentioned above, not my kid so whatever. When the baby was born pictures were posted on Facebook. Typical stuff, mom in the bed holding the newborn. I died laughing though when I saw that the dad and his buddies/family were all wearing the same Top Gun shirt. 

Wanted to name our second boy Rambo......settled on Roman. Yeah the wife wasn’t having it.  I call him Rambo every so often and he looks at me funny.

Had to Google that name since I wasn't woke enough.  Ugh, Game of Thrones....

Buddy of mine is a Parole Officer.  One of his "clients" had her first visit with him.  At the top of the form was her name: Le-a.  Conversation went something like this:

"Good morning...  uh... Lay-uh..."

<super aggressive ghetto female voice, think Bon Qui Qui> "Uhhhhh-uh, can't you read?  It's Le-DASH-uh, damn."

"Uh.  Right... Le-DASH-uh."

Then there's this gem:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/transportation/2018/11/29/little-girl-named-abcde-was-mocked-by-southwest-gate-agent-airline-has-apologized/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.f55a411cc95b

Yeah.  Can't imagine why she was mocked.  :hmm:

There is an “isis” at my 6 year old daughters school. One of my good high school friends named his boy “johnny danger”

I worked with a guy named Sam Sung. We had all kinds of nick names that were other electronics manufacturers. 

Have a friend who married ( for a short time at least) a stripper.  She was to say the least the one who ran the house. Well when their daughter was born she named the kid her old stripper name.  I still remember asking him if that wouldn't make coming up with her own stripper name a little more difficult when the time came.

He found no humor in that......... At least until this past weekend when he told me like mother like daughter.  I didn't ask what name she would be going by.

When I dated an...uh...."Entertainer" she had our lives all planned out. We're gonna get married and we're gonna have a daughter and she was gonna name her the same name she used as an...."Entertainer"

Vandala :kenk:

Um...NO!

Wasn't too long after that I made a B-line for the Exit door and go out of that one! Fun while it lasted.  :lmao:

I went to school with a guy named Mel Ting. 

2 hours ago, AlpineFunco said:

One of the Vietnamese guys at my wife's work was having a kid and she told me they were going to name the kid Maverick. A little odd I thought, but as mentioned above, not my kid so whatever. When the baby was born pictures were posted on Facebook. Typical stuff, mom in the bed holding the newborn. I died laughing though when I saw that the dad and his buddies/family were all wearing the same Top Gun shirt. 

Post em up here!

I high school, a buddy was actually named: Harold Dick

Who would do that to a boy?

You had to be a friend to call him Harry..

45 minutes ago, Air450 said:

Post em up here!

I'll see if I can find the pic. Another Facebook find. Apparently there is someone out there named Dick Laycock. I texted the lady that is friends with him to find out if this was a joke and she claims it's his given name. Poor bastard!!

My neighbors name Micheal Hunt. Mike Hunt!

47 minutes ago, Air450 said:

My neighbors name Micheal Hunt. Mike Hunt!

Was that in American graffiti ?  The waitress searching for him and in the parking lot?

2 minutes ago, RK Racing said:

Was that in American graffiti ?  The waitress searching for him and in the parking lot?

Porkys

Mike Oxlong

5 hours ago, JDMeister said:

I high school, a buddy was actually named: Harold Dick

Who would do that to a boy?

You had to be a friend to call him Harry..

Had a friend named William Dick. Willy Dick. 

when i worked for our states health dept there was a baby named and spelled 12 gauge

guess the race!

7 hours ago, Rockwood said:

Had to Google that name since I wasn't woke enough.  Ugh, Game of Thrones....

Buddy of mine is a Parole Officer.  One of his "clients" had her first visit with him.  At the top of the form was her name: Le-a.  Conversation went something like this:

"Good morning...  uh... Lay-uh..."

<super aggressive ghetto female voice, think Bon Qui Qui> "Uhhhhh-uh, can't you read?  It's Le-DASH-uh, damn."

"Uh.  Right... Le-DASH-uh."

My wife worked at an elementary school in Moreno Valley and 10 ish years ago they had a student with that exact name. Her big fat rude mother was all pissed off when they couldn't pronounce here name. The kid was in trouble and why ghetto mom was in the office. I wouldn't be supprised if that kid grew up to be the parolee your friend has. :lol: