onanysunday

parking ticket advice

Posted (edited)

So we are in Ottawa Canada on vacation and yesterday visited Parliament. Actually went into the gallery and was able to listen to them argue. Global warming was the topic yesterday. Anyway we paid $20 to park from 3 to 6 p.m. and got back to the car at about 7:30. Of course the $85 fine portion of the sign is as you come in and who was paying attention. You are looking at the person in the booth. The little kiosk where you pay is on the other side showing all the fees. You would have to walk around to the other side of the sign to see where the fine is. Anyway do I call and argue it? Not pay it and dispute it on the credit card bill when it comes through? to me we should have been charged another $6 for the evening parking. If we would have known they were going to charge this much we could have easily come back earlier and had dinner after moving the car.

20190515_194713.jpg

20190515_194327.jpg

20190515_194729.jpg

20190515_195928.jpg

20190515_155628.jpg

Edited by onanysunday

I say give it a try at fighting it.  They might let it go.

Go in and slam the ticket down and say, Take off Eh you Hosers!

:lmao:

Interesting info. Car was rented from Alamo and I wonder if they would be notified in a short time. Doubt it. But I am sure there is something in our rental agreement if they get notified from Impark. Total rip off trying to grab big fees.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/marketplace-parking-private-lots-1.3851956

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/impark-ticket-dispute-1432840/

I would not pay it / The sign says DAY MAX (6am - 6PM)  I read that as if you get there between those hours you pay the DAY MAX of $20 which you did pay...…….

Total Scam,,,,,,,,what are you supposed to do....leave the movie to pay more ……. you already paid the "daily Max": 

Total :bs:

FIGHT IT TOOTH AND NAIL

:poule:

Not sure how they conduct things in Canada, but as someone who used to write parking tickets, I think you're toast. 
If it doesn't cost anything to dispute it, do it. Couldn't hurt to try. You might get someone with some grace who will forgive it.

If I were a betting man though, I'd say they're probably just gonna say "sorry, the sign is there, clear as day. Pay the fine."

Called Impark and the  best they will do is reduce it to $63.45. $10.00 reduction. Problem is I guarantee without reading it my rental agreement says Alamo would pay any fines that come in on our behalf. Plus on a few forums people say they would charge an admin fee.   So then I have $96.05 plus admin fee. And who knows what other charges they could add. Money won't break us, it is just I hate getting screwed. Looks like I don't have choice. 7 days to pay.

Sounds like your getting hosed by some hosers ehh ! 

12 minutes ago, Dune Marshall said:

Sounds like your getting hosed by some hosers ehh ! 

8700 employees and $600 million in revenue. CEO made 50 mill

Call and ask what's this all aboot.

According to the posts on that website you linked, it looks like that private company has no authority to enforce the invoice. Maybe you can contact Alamo, explain that you're disputing the invoice and tell them not to pay it. That looks like a really shady company based on what those posters said.

Effin parking lots. It's a racket..............

at least they did not tow it, that could have been $200-500 really depends on what your time is worth, I would pay it and just move on for me it is not worth the frustration of going on and on with this company, but like I said it is really what your time is worth

2 hours ago, onanysunday said:

Anyway we paid $20 to park from 3 to 6 p.m. and got back to the car at about 7:30. 

Am I the only one who sees a problem here? Pay up!

There parking there rules yes total bull but they bet on people being late.  looks like he gave you an extra hour and 4 mins to get back since the ticket looks to be written at 7.04.    to make you feel better the exchange rate you only pay 2/3rds.  

Flee the country 

3 hours ago, Squatcher said:

There parking there rules yes total bull but they bet on people being late.  looks like he gave you an extra hour and 4 mins to get back since the ticket looks to be written at 7.04.    to make you feel better the exchange rate you only pay 2/3rds.  

Yes but everything here is a lot more expensive

20190516_170633.jpg

20190516_170635.jpg

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, onanysunday said:

20190516_170633.jpg

20190516_170635.jpg

Obama cookies? 

What can the societal leeches grab all they want and the bakery sends the bill to someone working?

Edited by Romans9

17 minutes ago, Romans9 said:

Obama cookies? 

What can the societal leeches grab all they want and the bakery sends the bill to someone working?

Lol

20190516_171154.jpg

5 hours ago, onanysunday said:

Called Impark and the  best they will do is reduce it to $63.45. $10.00 reduction. Problem is I guarantee without reading it my rental agreement says Alamo would pay any fines that come in on our behalf. Plus on a few forums people say they would charge an admin fee.   So then I have $96.05 plus admin fee. And who knows what other charges they could add. Money won't break us, it is just I hate getting screwed. Looks like I don't have choice. 7 days to pay.

The rental car company will back charge you.  

1 hour ago, onanysunday said:

20190516_170633.jpg

20190516_170635.jpg

I guess that they were sold out of obama cookies.  That is the one that looks like the poo emoji, right?

u were over an hour late .... pay it

Wait till you get back from vacation, then call to report the lost credit card...they'll send you a new one...tell them to stop any additional charges on the lost card....when Alamo trys to bill it...it won't go thru....they are in Canada.....just don't go back.

Great advice, input, and fun in this thread. In all seriousness I would not want to stick the rental company with dealing with this company on our behalf. I will pay it and move on. So much to see here and the Obama cookie thing was posted in fun.

20190516_143354.jpg

20190516_160022.jpg