pennywise

Anyone have a Ram Power Wagon?

So I'm thinking of moving from my 2017 F250 diesel  to a new 2019 Ram Power Wagon 6.4 gas. The main reasons are I never use the F250, 3 years and only 19K miles and I tow with the motorhome mostly. I figure the Power Wagon can still tow a box trailer or flat bed when needed and the ride should be a whole lot better. On top of all that they look like they are trail friendly too, might be fun to follow my buddies in jeeps around on the easy trails.

Looking to see if anyone has any experience towing and/or trail driving the Power Wagon......

Ram-HD-AEV-Prospector-power-wagon-620x397.jpg

Just do a Carli pin top kit on the Ford. Done.

u don't drive ur ford now why would u drive the ram ?

You have an AEV Ram pictured. I believe they still base those on a Power Wagon. Is that what you're thinking of buying?

I have a 2012 (5.7L) Power Wagon w/ factory 4.56 gearing. My company truck is a 2014 (6.4L) Power Wagon w/ 3.73 gearing. My job requires me to drive off road to some remote sites. I've towed with both.

We're seeing an issue with the MDS in the 6.4's. Other than that, there are a couple of other things you should consider.

I P.M.'d you my number. I'll fill you in if you like.

1 hour ago, cali kid said:

Just do a Carli pin top kit on the Ford. Done.

Already did that, running 37’s and stock rear leaf springs. It’s SBA but I’m ready for a smoother ride and don’t really need a diesel anymore. 

1 hour ago, I'm Sorry said:

u don't drive ur ford now why would u drive the ram ?

I probably won’t drive it much more than the ford on the road. I’m hoping to hear it’s good on the trails and maybe it’ll get a little use there. 

Why not just get a Jeep?

4 minutes ago, SofaKing said:

You have an AEV Ram pictured. I believe they still base those on a Power Wagon. Is that what you're thinking of buying?

I have a 2012 (5.7L) Power Wagon w/ factory 4.56 gearing. My company truck is a 2014 (6.4L) Power Wagon w/ 3.73 gearing. My job requires me to drive off road to some remote sites. I've towed with both.

We're seeing an issue with the MDS in the 6.4's. Other than that, there are a couple of other things you should consider.

I P.M.'d you my number. I'll fill you in if you like.

Thanks, I’ll probably buy a power wagon and do either Carli of AEV lift. The idea of 40’s with 3” lift is pretty cool but I need to do a little research. 

Just now, fortyfour said:

Why not just get a Jeep?

Jeep can’t tow a box trailer. 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, pennywise said:

Already did that, running 37’s and stock rear leaf springs. It’s SBA but I’m ready for a smoother ride and don’t really need a diesel anymore. 

Stock leafs? Do the full leaf pack! 

Edited by cali kid

Going to sell the diesel??🤔

10 hours ago, Vinsanity said:

Going to sell the diesel??🤔

Looking like it, but every time I drive it I start to second guess myself. 

1 hour ago, pennywise said:

Looking like it, but every time I drive it I start to second guess myself. 

Every time I drive mine I love it. Trailer or no trailer. 18,000 miles since Sep 2017.