Sign in to follow this  
Ifly

Moab Campgrounds

Heading to Moab in July. What is the best campground with full hook ups for a 36 ft Moho? Appreciate some recommendations. 

The KOA was nice. I didn’t even have to disconnect my 24’ flatbed for the space. 

Canyonlands rv park is where we always stay. But then again we only live 90 miles away. July is going to be hot that time of year. Ride hell's revenge at night if you get a chance!!

We stayed at Portal RV Resort in the Premium sites. They have HUGE concrete pads, probably 100' deep and 30' wide!

p

On 5/23/2019 at 10:52 PM, mrknnee said:

We stayed at Portal RV Resort in the Premium sites. They have HUGE concrete pads, probably 100' deep and 30' wide!

Nice place.. Also have condo rentals  for those in groups that don't rv, and just trailer in.. They were really nice. 

p

Are you taking a sxs or a Jeep? If a SXS look into The Arches campground.   You can ride out of the campground to the trails.   I think that’s the only one you can do that.  If it’s a street legal vehicle the KOA  is pretty nice.   And don’t forget to stop at the brewery in town.  

1 minute ago, ROBERT L said:

Are you taking a sxs or a Jeep? If a SXS look into The Arches campground.   You can ride out of the campground to the trails.   I think that’s the only one you can do that.  If it’s a street legal vehicle the KOA  is pretty nice.   And don’t forget to stop at the brewery in town.  

I saw sxs driving down that main highway when I was there. I don’t think they care that much out there. 

Also not sure what direction you’re coming from. Or what you’re driving out there. But a stop for a day or so in sand hollow is well worth it. 

20 minutes ago, jtmoney714 said:

I saw sxs driving down that main highway when I was there. I don’t think they care that much out there. 

When I went last year they had to be street legal and registered which a plate.  I’m not saying you couldn’t get away with it. I just wouldn’t take the chance. 

Last year we stayed at Slickrock campground, really nice place with big spots. Had a 42'toyhauler  with ramp down and truck attached and fit 

Thanks for the help, Ended up getting a spot at Slickrock campground. Was not many choices this late. We will be taking a jeep and possibly a SXS. Another Jeep is in the works.

I been to Moab a few times and you will love it ...