I have a Polaris razor turbo dynamics  S model 

I have gone through some belts . I have been told the turbo models go through belts so let’s hear your stories how many miles hours has it been since you had to change a belt on your turbo can am , Polaris utv s etc .?    So are people using the OEM belts or the aftermarket belts what are you doing to address your belt issues . 

when i had my SxS never changed a belt  

4 hours ago, I'm Sorry said:

when i had my SxS never changed a belt  

ether you never had one or you drove it like your rail !!!!!

Or he had a Yamaha. I have 500 miles on my X3 on the original belt. Half of this in sand. 

17 minutes ago, AZDUNERAT said:

Or he had a Yamaha. I have 500 miles on my X3 on the original belt. Half of this in sand. 

this ^^^^^^

90% of the time belt life if directly related to your right foot.  If you drive like grandma on her way to buy 200#'s of Worthers from Costco, you wont have an issue.   The other 10% is tire choice and keeping the clutch clean and operating correctly.  Using air to blow the dust out of the clutches is a big thing most people do not do and is important to keep roller and sliders moving freely.  Tires, that's always a debate to weight, stiffness and paddle count. 

RZR Turbo - in dirt, never had an issue and put plenty of miles on it.  

In the sand - taking it easy and driving reasonably - no issues.  My normal driving which is on the pedal, almost all the time - I've broke three belts in one week.  Added the Blow Hole (I just like the sound of that) and haven't had an issue since.  That's driving hard and on the pedal for long periods of time.    

https://www.mtntkperformance.com/blow-hole/16-polaris-rzr

I have a friend with a 1000 RZR 4 seater. He can run hard pack all week no issues. Put the paddles on and hits the sand an will kill a belt in one ride. He goes through 4-5 belts on a 3 day weekend. Another guy with the same car has been through belt$$$ and even started trying different clutche$$$$$ to get through a trip. You could rebuild a 2D every season for what guys are dropping in belts. Not to mention all the time wasted changing them. 

Consensus has always seem to been (Going all the way back to early SXS models) that a heavy foot in the sand will burn up belts, even back to the lower powered UTV's.

Sand takes its toll, CVT Belt design can only take so much abuse from the heat generated by driving conditions in the sand.

Simple issue really, it's just the nature of a CVT system - in the SAND.

3 minutes ago, CRUSTY said:

Consensus has always seem to been (Going all the way back to early SXS models) that a heavy foot in the sand will burn up belts, even back to the lower powered UTV's.

Sand takes its toll, CVT Belt design can only take so much abuse from the heat generated by driving conditions in the sand.

So you're saying stay in the hard pack and out of Glamis. I agree! 

3 minutes ago, SANDPSYCHO said:

I have a friend with a 1000 RZR 4 seater. He can run hard pack all week no issues. Put the paddles on and hits the sand an will kill a belt in one ride. He goes through 4-5 belts on a 3 day weekend. Another guy with the same car has been through belt$$$ and even started trying different clutche$$$$$ to get through a trip. You could rebuild a 2D every season for what guys are dropping in belts. Not to mention all the time wasted changing them. 

With all the belt changes, we've become like a pit crew and can have it done in under 10 minutes.  Passenger barely have time to have a frosty beverage!  It's just an unscheduled beverage break.  

You will want to make sure that your clutches are step up properly for the tires that you are running.  You also may want to look into our Desertcraft CVT Blaster that we developed for the Turbo S.  

Feel free to give us a call if there is anything that we can help you with.  760-955-1409

Here is the link to the CVT Blaster on our site  http://desertcraft-us.3dcartstores.com/Turbo-S-Blaster_p_100.html

7 hours ago, BW Willy said:

RZR Turbo - in dirt, never had an issue and put plenty of miles on it.  

In the sand - taking it easy and driving reasonably - no issues.  My normal driving which is on the pedal, almost all the time - I've broke three belts in one week.  Added the Blow Hole (I just like the sound of that) and haven't had an issue since.  That's driving hard and on the pedal for long periods of time.    

Put one on the wifes 19' XPT, installed it in about 10 minutes, plug and play!  No drilling, no wires to run, no switches to run, no silicon, no hoses to run, no hassle install.  It has an incredible amount of cfm and was priced very inexpensive.  

I have noticed it moves so much air that when I blow it out there is almost no dust in the clutches.

Works so well and was so painless to install I recommend giving it a looksy. 

The Evo belts are supposed to be really good for the X3 and it sounds like they are working on a new design.  Sounds like they make it for the Polaris. Pretty sure I remember the Geyser brothers running this belt on their X3 race car.

Belts......a topic that is on my mind too, and has affected where I go and how I ride.

But trying to tell @DEV'S RZR to go easy in the sand is like trying to tell Tom Brady to throw with his left hand :)

3 hours ago, Phoenix7 said:

Belts......a topic that is on my mind too, and has affected where I go and how I ride.

But trying to tell @DEV'S RZR to go easy in the sand is like trying to tell Tom Brady to throw with his left hand :)

never had many issues with the none turbo models . now this is a new situation .

xUjOlI%ySmWnhiAD3fghCA.jpg

Posted (edited)
On 5/31/2019 at 7:51 AM, CRUSTY said:

I feel my driving style has not change this drastically .  So I need to be better prepared for this to happen more often I guess .. 

Edited by DEV'S RZR

20 minutes ago, DEV'S RZR said:

I feel my driving style has not change this drastically .  So I need to be better prepared for this to happen more often I guess .. 

Your driving style probably hasn’t changed but your tires have.  I wonder how much more of a load on your clutch with that style of front tires?  If I remember correctly you’ve got another set of front tires that have the blades on both sides of the tire now.   Doesn’t that add more pressure on the clutch?

1 hour ago, DEV'S RZR said:

$159 and it solved all my problems - just saying.  

5 hours ago, ROBERT L said:

Your driving style probably hasn’t changed but your tires have.  I wonder how much more of a load on your clutch with that style of front tires?  If I remember correctly you’ve got another set of front tires that have the blades on both sides of the tire now.   Doesn’t that add more pressure on the clutch?

I never run in 4wd

1 hour ago, DEV'S RZR said:

I never run in 4wd

That’s interesting with those front tires.

42 minutes ago, RK Racing said:

That’s interesting with those front tires.

but hey it looks good

1st belt I changed out on my X3 at 1500ish miles.   The next belt lasted 800 or so miles.  It went into pieces doing 90mph across a dry lake bed.   Never felt like the second belt was going to last long.  Current belt has over 600 miles and still going.

Only blown one belt in the dunes and that was when I had my XP1000.  That belt had 2500 miles on it when it went boom. 

As Mega said your right foot determines belt life.   The problem with the turbo cars are its hard to keep your right foot from mashing it because it is so fun.

My friend with a 4 seat Turbo S took out his first belt at 900ish miles.  Last the dunes season on stock tire.  The belt went boom when he was doing 80+mph across a dry lake bed.

The lesson is don't stomp on it on a dry lake bed!

17 hours ago, ROBERT L said:

He is running a heavy ass tire set up.   I believe that tire set up weighs more than the stock tire/wheel set up.   He would be better on belts lightening up the tire set up for sure. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/31/2019 at 11:45 PM, DEV'S RZR said:

never had many issues with the none turbo models . now this is a new situation .

xUjOlI%ySmWnhiAD3fghCA.jpg

The turbo cars put more of a shock load on the belts.     Every weigh your tire set up?   Those Raceline wheels are not light nor our your paddle tires.   I have the Raceline wheels on my dirt tire set up.  In a 15x7 the wheels weighed close to 20lbs.  Those 15x10 wheels are over 20lbs.   Your rear paddle tire is 30lbs if not more.   Those the Blackbird set up or Fullerton's carbon copy tire?     Also what tire pressure are you running?    The bigger tires on the turbo cars seem to like 10-12psi.  

Try to get a hold of a set of Sandcraft 10 paddle Destoryers with their front tire.   I bet some of your belt issues will go away. 

Edited by Sand Shark