DRDEATH

need new 22.5 tires in Phoenix area

time for new tires, had Michelin's never had any problems, what's good and any idea where to get tires.  thanks 

Check with Squatcher. I think he has a mobile guy for tires. Good prices too.

Tire guy Phoenix hook up. Ryan - 602-794-5584. He can deliver them to you for the best price. Or order from tire rack and either way take moho to a truck place like Firebird or Phoenix tire.  Price is usually very close between the two.

Ive heard several times that the Michelins are awesome but they are 295/80's  and 295/75's  are much easier to find on the road if you ever need one replaced somewhere.  

2 hours ago, DRDEATH said:

time for new tires, had Michelin's never had any problems, what's good and any idea where to get tires.  thanks 

22.5’s  Michelin’s only for steer. 

Spend the extra money and buy the best. Your safety is worth it.

Fun Fact: Michelin owns several major tire brands, the premium rubber goes into the Michelin casings.

they age out before the wear out....Toyo's are cheaper and they seem to hold up well.

5 minutes ago, realbadlarry said:

they age out before the wear out....Toyo's are cheaper and they seem to hold up well.

I agree and have Toyo's on mine. 5-6 years max for me.

1 hour ago, Romans9 said:

22.5’s  Michelin’s only for steer. 

Spend the extra money and buy the best. Your safety is worth it.

Fun Fact: Michelin owns several major tire brands, the premium rubber goes into the Michelin casings.

Romans, would you run the same Michelin's for drive tires or do you have a recommendation for  drive tires?

15 minutes ago, 1tonfun said:

Romans, would you run the same Michelin's for drive tires or do you have a recommendation for  drive tires?

I would run a closed shoulder traction tire for the rear. Nothing too aggressive but not a steer tire on the rear no, but Michelin brand yes.

None , no other truck steer tire handles rain like Michelin’s. I have driven 22.5 every working day for 25 years and  no truck steer tire handles the road like them. 

Through the years there have been several other manufacturers that have had a tire like the Michelin XZA but they have never had the consistency of casing quality that Michelin has had. Everyone in the truck tire industry knows Michelin’s are the best that’s a fact.

I know, I know, I know the tires will age out before they wear out on a RV but I’m referencing the handling capabilities of the Michelin’s versus anything else. The added insurance is worth every single penny more that they cost. RV’s are rolling match stick built death traps in a wreck. In my opinion it is worth every cent to do all you can to help prevent any accident and tires are the most critical safety item next to properly functioning brakes.

Save money on something else. Get the best tires money can buy. Before they age out, replace them and sell the ones you remove to a commercial user. The tire shops know who will buy them from you for premium.

It's been a couple of years but I joined the FMCA - Family Motor Coach Association - I think the cost was $75 for a year.  Then got the tire discount program they offer on Michelin tires and vendors - Got 6 Michelin tires balanced and installed about $250 cheaper than I could get any other good set of tires.  You don't have to renew the membership after a year so it doesn't cost you anything later.  They also have some other brands but they recommend Michelin.   Other good benefits from the membership too.  Tough to beat.    

Going with michelins, going to check Fmca.  heard I can get a good prices through them also.  thanks.  will post findings

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Romans9 said:

I would run a closed shoulder traction tire for the rear. Nothing too aggressive but not a steer tire on the rear no, but Michelin brand yes.

None , no other truck steer tire handles rain like Michelin’s. I have driven 22.5 every working day for 25 years and  no truck steer tire handles the road like them. 

Through the years there have been several other manufacturers that have had a tire like the Michelin XZA but they have never had the consistency of casing quality that Michelin has had. Everyone in the truck tire industry knows Michelin’s are the best that’s a fact.

I know, I know, I know the tires will age out before they wear out on a RV but I’m referencing the handling capabilities of the Michelin’s versus anything else. The added insurance is worth every single penny more that they cost. RV’s are rolling match stick built death traps in a wreck. In my opinion it is worth every cent to do all you can to help prevent any accident and tires are the most critical safety item next to properly functioning brakes.

Save money on something else. Get the best tires money can buy. Before they age out, replace them and sell the ones you remove to a commercial user. The tire shops know who will buy them from you for premium.

Our moho came with year old Michelin's on it but they are all the same tire. Most guys I know that have put new tires on get 6 of the same as well. 

Also on our moho the rear tire inflation pressure calls for the tires max inflation of 110 psi. Are traction tire rated for higher max pressure? I really don't like having then at the max pressure. 

Edited by SANDPSYCHO

3 minutes ago, SANDPSYCHO said:

Our moho came with year old Michelin's on it but they are all the same tire. Most guys I know that have put new tires on get 6 of the same as well. 

Also on our moho the rear tore inflation pressure calls for the tires max inflation of 110 psi. Are traction tire rated for higher max pressure? I really don't like having then at the max pressure. 

There isn’t any problem running the same tire all the way around but I guess my four seasons driving has me bias towards traction tires on the drive axles. You’re right however and I believe most RVs come just as you described.

As far as differences there are not between traction and steer tires as to weight rating and PSI as that is dictated by the ply (14 or 16) and load ratings.

Did you see the post I made about how to determine actual tire pressure needed for your specific application? Tire PSI ratings on the sidewall is maximum the tire is rated to handle that is not necessarily the best PSI for any given vehicle.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Romans9 said:

There isn’t any problem running the same tire all the way around but I guess my four seasons driving has me bias towards traction tires on the drive axles. You’re right however and I believe most RVs come just as you described.

As far as differences there are not between traction and steer tires as to weight rating and PSI as that is dictated by the ply (14 or 16) and load ratings.

Did you see the post I made about how to determine actual tire pressure needed for your specific application? Tire PSI ratings on the sidewall is maximum the tire is rated to handle that is not necessarily the best PSI for any given vehicle.

Thanks

I do remember reading but I'll have to ho back and read it again. My CRS is acting up.

Edited by SANDPSYCHO

28 minutes ago, SANDPSYCHO said:

Thanks

I do remember reading but I'll have to ho back and read it again. My CRS is acting up.

You're gonna "ho back?"  ha ha just kidding

9 hours ago, BW Willy said:

It's been a couple of years but I joined the FMCA - Family Motor Coach Association - I think the cost was $75 for a year.  Then got the tire discount program they offer on Michelin tires and vendors - Got 6 Michelin tires balanced and installed about $250 cheaper than I could get any other good set of tires.  You don't have to renew the membership after a year so it doesn't cost you anything later.  They also have some other brands but they recommend Michelin.   Other good benefits from the membership too.  Tough to beat.    

A few guys I know have done this.

1 hour ago, Dune Nasty said:

You're gonna "ho back?"  ha ha just kidding

With these fingers on my phone I could hit any one of 6 letters. :lol:

I ordered mine off eBay.  Took them down to firebird tire and had them do their thing.  It was $50 a tire for mount and balance.  Plus like $100 for the new valve stems they use on the dually setup where you don't remove the caps.

I sold off my old tires on craigslist.  $100 each.   Guys buy them for trailers and other stuff.

Firebird, seems to be about the best deal I found I only have 19.5.

4 hours ago, sandthing56 said:

Firebird, seems to be about the best deal I found I only have 19.5.

I buy my old school 19.5’s from the guy a Firebird. Also had the long valve stems put on.  Good prices and they know their stuff.

I have been checking into FMCA, can save over $200.00 per tire with a direct quote from Michelin. I have good Sam now, just had a coach blowout with them, tire service was $250.00 more than a call directly to a tire shop.  Seems completely useless to me. I am thinking of switching to FMCA,  like the medical coverage anytime farther than 100 miles from UR home.  Anyone have FMCA or input?