Esco

Looks Nice

55 minutes ago, I'm Sorry said:

:repost:

Not to me!

Just saw it on the Talon thread! Nice!

I would love to see the laundry list of what was done to convert their 4 seat model to that 2 seat racer.

I'm sure it will get posted somewhere in time.

15 minutes ago, CRUSTY said:

I would love to see the laundry list of what was done to convert their 4 seat model to that 2 seat racer.

I'm sure it will get posted somewhere in time.

Honda should build this model as an option.

10 hours ago, I'm Sorry said:

:nag:

Looks like a copy of a RZR with a nicer cage to me with some fancy electronic suspension control that is just one more to go wrong... But what do I know....

I’m in

It's just a rendering...hasn't been built yet.

Posted (edited)

I feel like I’ve sorta seen this before...

Honda?

03377B99-A1E2-4BE5-87B4-B29FE5434979.jpeg.cc837f6c83f4fba44a06131d01cd811f.jpeg

Nah.  Hmmm... where....?

36D105E5-47ED-4DD6-A983-1E2418B43D98.thumb.jpeg.9ab12e08fb40c930820cf18811241c32.jpeg

:hmm:

Edited by Rockwood

I'm happy the companies are making improvements for 2020, like the 195 HP Can Am.  I'm still waiting for someone to break through the 1000cc barrier.  It needs to happen.  It should not be related to any CA helmet laws.  I rarely wear a helmet in Arizona anyways.

On 6/4/2019 at 6:35 AM, I'm Sorry said:

:ban:

10 hours ago, Phoenix7 said:

I'm happy the companies are making improvements for 2020, like the 195 HP Can Am.  I'm still waiting for someone to break through the 1000cc barrier.  It needs to happen.  It should not be related to any CA helmet laws.  I rarely wear a helmet in Arizona anyways.

It won't happen. They would be sticking thier neck out all alone on the liability chopping block. They also don't need to, there are more then enough people ready to finance a 1000cc SxS over 5 years and drop 20K in decorations. Besides they save the big motors for the street bikes.

1,000 CC Motors, Turbos and now pushing close to 200HP right off the showroom floor.....I say the SXS market is right where it needs to be maxed out at with power.

Aside from the Sand Dunes, they have ALL the power they need outside of the race course.

1 hour ago, SANDPSYCHO said:

It won't happen. They would be sticking thier neck out all alone on the liability chopping block. They also don't need to, there are more then enough people ready to finance a 1000cc SxS over 5 years and drop 20K in decorations. Besides they save the big motors for the street bikes.

Thanks for your excellent opinions, especially the "drop 20K in decorations".  My comment came from a desire and curiosity to see how far they can take SxS motors, and not wanting any non-technical issues to get in the way.  Yet it may be just like you say.  It might not ever happen.

4 minutes ago, Phoenix7 said:

Thanks for your excellent opinions, especially the "drop 20K in decorations".  My comment came from a desire and curiosity to see how far they can take SxS motors, and not wanting any non-technical issues to get in the way.  Yet it may be just like you say.  It might not ever happen.

It wasn't a personal jab at you. It shows the mind set of the masses that buy and drive the market. The number one accessory the typical SxS buyer wants is LED lights aand most important is a colored whip. They are more concerned about how it looks then anything else. It's not your priority but that only means you are not a typical end user. 

Don't forget the companies that make these machines where the ones that approached a California polatician to make the laws we have and set the limit of a 1000cc to define them. With the power they currently have, they bearly hold together. Add more power and increase liability or build a stronger machine to handle it and lower profit or increase price and likely sell fewer machines, less profit.

Thanks to our sue happy it's not your fault legal system, liability is a major factor and what any company will introduce. 

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, SANDPSYCHO said:

It wasn't a personal jab at you. It shows the mind set of the masses that buy and drive the market. The number one accessory the typical SxS buyer wants is LED lights aand most important is a colored whip. They are more concerned about how it looks then anything else. It's not your priority but that only means you are not a typical end user. 

Don't forget the companies that make these machines where the ones that approached a California polatician to make the laws we have and set the limit of a 1000cc to define them. With the power they currently have, they bearly hold together. Add more power and increase liability or build a stronger machine to handle it and lower profit or increase price and likely sell fewer machines, less profit.

Thanks to our sue happy it's not your fault legal system, liability is a major factor and what any company will introduce. 

Thanks for explaining it in greater detail.  That makes sense.  

But I have to tell you I am one of the SxS masses :). I have the light bar and colored whip, bumpers, and upgraded shocks.  Next project is 3 gussets and 4 high strength tie rods.  I'm waiting for the kit to arrive from Ebay.  But I don't want to even get close to $20K extra accessories on this SxS.  I need to curb my desires :)

Edited by Phoenix7

15" of travel? No holds barred performance? :blink:

20 hours ago, Phoenix7 said:

thats crank hp not rear wheel.a 2017/19 with a evo tune puts down more power then the 2020.