Sign in to follow this  
858surveyor

Window or no window

Posted (edited)

No windshield, no hood.

I love the feel of sand in my crotch in the morning!

I wear a road bike helmet with a nice shield to keep the sand out and sunglasses if needed.

Edited by Flip-Flop

I hate them.  Rode in a couple rails that had them and didn't like the vision or swirling sand.  Of course, I don't like full bodies/hoods either so....

I wouldn't leave home without it!

On 6/12/2019 at 8:03 AM, CHIZZLE said:

I hate them.  Rode in a couple rails that had them and didn't like the vision or swirling sand.  Of course, I don't like full bodies/hoods either so....

Never once had an issue with swirling sand or vision in my car with full body, hood, & windshield.  I enjoy driving with both the wind shield on & off.  I like the windshield best when cruising around with a hat, sunglasses and headsets.  I also like it when playing cat and mouse with buddies cars that put out big roosts and the sand stays mostly out of the cockpit.  I like leading with the windshield off, there is a more open feel to the driving experience, but not so much better that I prefer to drive with it off.  I have to take the windshield off in Idaho when it's hot due to how thin the air is and the decrease in cooling efficiency.  Never had it off in glamis.  

On 6/6/2019 at 11:57 PM, J Alper said:

jetjock tried a plexyglass and the dust stuck to it all the time,

real glass love to rock cheap and break,  I am not for one, when I lead I love my sunglasses, but when I follow I just throw on a helmet and let the rocks and sand fly off,  for me I just can not deal with cracked windshields

The DD car uses a factory Dodge Dart so you can order them pretty easy, some have to deal with forming and cutting the glass seems like a pain, I think I would like a front windshield but for me not worth the hassle, I drive the car extremely hard so the cars that have them in our runs break them from rocks or big drop offs or hitting the witch eyes and jumping out of them has cracked a couple, but they keep buying them,     

Where can one get this dodge dart glass ? Just bought a window and frame from another dd owner but the glass is shattered...

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, kingkong said:

Where can one get this dodge dart glass ? Just bought a window and frame from another dd owner but the glass is shattered...

Just made a phone call it is a 73 Dodge Duster

https://www.ebay.com/i/291541876275?chn=ps

Edited by J Alper

Personally have never wanted one. I like the air in my face. 

face21.jpg

Personally I like the wind in my face.

Got her back today. Going off to powdercoat then time to wire up.

20190701_191433.jpg

20190701_191854.jpg

20190701_191905.jpg

20190701_191534.jpg

20190701_191452.jpg

20190701_191501.jpg

Easier to get my beer now.

20190701_212630.jpg