EMPIRE231

Mobile tint...recomendations

Can anyone recommend a mobile tint guy to do a Motor home in the Socal area... riverside to be exact?

@tintman did my coach last season. Really love it and wish I did it 3 years ago. He's mobile and maybe you can catch him when he's in your area.

41 minutes ago, L.R.S. said:

@tintman did my coach last season. Really love it and wish I did it 3 years ago. He's mobile and maybe you can catch him when he's in your area.

How was it applied and what was the product?  A film on the inside panes similar to automotive tint?  I'm considering replacing all my windows as most have blown out seals and the dreaded "snake".   Depending on if I replace or have current windows repaired, tint is on the list to keep heat gain down and add some privacy.  I've read lots of good things about the newer ceramic tints compared to old school films, not sure how the ceramic is applied or the cost.  Assume it isn't cheap though...  Mind sharing ball park cost?  We talking $500, $2500, or $5k?

4 hours ago, evantwheeler said:

How was it applied and what was the product?  A film on the inside panes similar to automotive tint?  I'm considering replacing all my windows as most have blown out seals and the dreaded "snake".   Depending on if I replace or have current windows repaired, tint is on the list to keep heat gain down and add some privacy.  I've read lots of good things about the newer ceramic tints compared to old school films, not sure how the ceramic is applied or the cost.  Assume it isn't cheap though...  Mind sharing ball park cost?  We talking $500, $2500, or $5k?

So many questions. Honestly, I have no idea.  But I can say that I've known Tyler @tintman for many years and I trust that he only uses the best products available for the application. As far as price, you'd need to contact him with the details on your RV so he will know the amount of windows. But I'd guess it will be more the $500 and waaaaay less then $2500. 

I was really surprised at how much cooler my RV interior was last season during the day for my last trip in March. Well worth it.

I did message @tintman on here and he got back to me with a price, I said let’s do it... and never heard back. Tried to reach out again and got not response. 

The only thing of value that I have to add is that in my experience, 3M Crystalline is the best film out there.  I have it on all my cars and all the glass in windows and doors in my house.  It's expensive but will vouch for it's advertised TOL properties.

Are you doing the front windshield / has anyone done the front windshield?  I haven't done the windshield and think that's still where the majority of the heat comes in.  Want to get it done but concerned on driving at night and poor visibility?  Legal?  Enforced? 

Message sent I’m not getting notifications from the site. Bw Willy I do windshields all the time, stay light and you will be ok 70% I run a 50% on my seasoned clients as well as my personal vehicles and Motorhome’s  all have to be done makes a massive difference to the comfort when driving. I feel the visibility is better at night because it just knocks the glare down from other traffics headlights. 

13 hours ago, evantwheeler said:

It depends on the coach I used a ceramic film on Lrs Moho and for his 40ft coach in that particular material runs $750. A non ceramic film is about $400ish for the same coach. Either one will still make a huge difference in comfort from having no tint on it at all. 

42 minutes ago, tintman said:

Message sent I’m not getting notifications from the site. Bw Willy I do windshields all the time, stay light and you will be ok 70% I run a 50% on my seasoned clients as well as my personal vehicles and Motorhome’s  all have to be done makes a massive difference to the comfort when driving. I feel the visibility is better at night because it just knocks the glare down from other traffics headlights. 

Thanks for feedback @tintman  - if you are ever doing jobs in OC I'd like to do my RV.  

Posted (edited)

Lights out window tinting in OC did my Motorhome and all my cars for past 15+ years. They are also mobile and may do Riverside 

Call Derrick 714-827-6888

As for @tintman Tyler/ Total Tint  if you look at his Instagram and yelp you will see he does some very high quality work on very high end vehicles as well and gets great reviews. 

Edited by badgas

thanks guys... got in contact with @tintman hopefully setting something up for next week.

8 hours ago, BW Willy said:

Thanks for feedback @tintman  - if you are ever doing jobs in OC I'd like to do my RV.  

Here is my number (619)654-7441 give me a call tomorrow or whenever your ready and we can set something up for me to come out there and take care of it for you 

I second Tyler. I’ve used him for several of my different vehicles over the years and he always does high quality work. 

8 hours ago, B0NES said:

I second Tyler. I’ve used him for several of my different vehicles over the years and he always does high quality work. 

Agreed, Tyler was my go-to for my company’s cars. We leased so there was car turnover frequently. Very professional. My last two cars had front window tint, loved it.