Sign in to follow this  
matt86m

Gone! - 2 Free Sheds - Time sensitive!

Posted (edited)

Going, going,,,, Gone!

I have 2 - 8'w x 4'd x 8't sheds - yours for 'free'

'Free' means they won't fit thru the gate so you'll need a crane to get them up and over the garage,,,,that's how they got in the back!

Hit up Eric @raspadoo  if you want them!!! 

I need them gone in 1-2 weeks at most - otherwise I'm taking a sawzall to them and making scraps to take them to the dump. 

EDIT: Called Raspadoos buddy that did the job in the pics. He said $130 an hour round trip from Norco would not be more than 4 hours.

So no more than $520 to lift them to the front of the house. From there, get them on a trailer. They are on casters but I think they have flat spots and may not roll so we may have to use some dollys to get them on the trailer. I have a couple small HF furniture dollys.  

1shed1.jpg

1shed2.jpg

Shed_over_house_004.JPG

Shed over house 007.JPG

Edited by matt86m

What about knocking the wall down? Is that an option? Asking for a friend.

11 minutes ago, SANDPSYCHO said:

What about knocking the wall down? Is that an option? Asking for a friend.

As long as your friend rebuilds it!

Looks like you have a garage door on backside, they wont go through the garage? Maybe laying down? 

28 minutes ago, Buggydave said:

Looks like you have a garage door on backside, they wont go through the garage? Maybe laying down? 

No, sheds are too wide. I tried to bring them in that way before the crane job.

Cranes are not that expensive for a job like this. Especially when the sheds are free.

what about your neighbor / tip em over the wall …..way better than those rubbermaids he has?????

I literally just spent 800 dollars on a 4 x 8 plastic shed 2 days ago! Its on the truck from chicago right now... dangit!!!

1 hour ago, 1slomofo said:

I literally just spent 800 dollars on a 4 x 8 plastic shed 2 days ago! Its on the truck from chicago right now... dangit!!!

Cancel it! I bet the crane and uhaul rental will be less!

7 minutes ago, matt86m said:

Cancel it! I bet the crane and uhaul rental will be less!

Mission control (wife) and I are talking about it hahah! I am right down the damn street from you too!

1 minute ago, 1slomofo said:

Mission control (wife) and I are talking about it hahah! I am right down the damn street from you too!

DO IT!!! These are NICE sheds!!!!

18 minutes ago, 1slomofo said:

Come take a look if you want

Could use a little tlc, maybe another layer of shingles

Some interior pics

1shed3.jpg

1shed4.jpg

1shed5.jpg

1shed6.jpg

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, 1slomofo said:

$520 is the cost of the crane ^^^^ added an edit to 1st post

Edited by matt86m

3 hours ago, matt86m said:

Some interior pics

1shed3.jpg

1shed4.jpg

1shed5.jpg

1shed6.jpg

Huh. Got all the blood stains out eh? :bigrin 

1 minute ago, Rockwood said:

Huh. Got all the blood stains out eh? :bigrin 

Everyone knows you put down layers of plastic first! 

Hell, in California you could probably rent those out for a couple hundred a month as "mini homes".
My neighbor that used to live across the street from me had a '64 Chevy truck project in his backyard on the side of house and a big RV gate on the other side, then he built a big shop on the side with the gate and had planned on putting in another RV gate on other side where truck was, but found a good deal on a house with acreage so he bought it and moved. Well, instead of knocking down the wall and building a new gate, he just hired a crane to come pick up the truck and swing it over the house and set it on his flatbed trailer. I think it cost him like $150, as the crane had a job installing a roof top a/c that day in the area anyway. Was pretty cool to see his truck swing over his house. 

How close can you get the sheds to the fence? That determines how large of a crane needed. 

49 minutes ago, WLD-OTZ said:

How close can you get the sheds to the fence? That determines how large of a crane needed. 

They have to be picked from the back of the garage. I think the crane in the pic is a 28k but don't quote me on that. I sent the pic above to Brian at Advanced and I think that's what he said.

12 hours ago, Buggydave said:

Hell, in California you could probably rent those out for a couple hundred a month as "mini homes".
My neighbor that used to live across the street from me had a '64 Chevy truck project in his backyard on the side of house and a big RV gate on the other side, then he built a big shop on the side with the gate and had planned on putting in another RV gate on other side where truck was, but found a good deal on a house with acreage so he bought it and moved. Well, instead of knocking down the wall and building a new gate, he just hired a crane to come pick up the truck and swing it over the house and set it on his flatbed trailer. I think it cost him like $150, as the crane had a job installing a roof top a/c that day in the area anyway. Was pretty cool to see his truck swing over his house. 

Ill throw bunk beds in them and rent them out as dorms for the girls college! 

4 hours ago, matt86m said:

They have to be picked from the back of the garage. I think the crane in the pic is a 28k but don't quote me on that. I sent the pic above to Brian at Advanced and I think that's what he said.

It's a 28102S (28 Ton) i've got a few of them, wish I was closer, used my buddy deal w Brian getting them put in (-=

11 hours ago, matt86m said:

Ill throw bunk beds in them and rent them out as dorms for the girls college! 

Hell in that case save room for me! :)

On 6/6/2019 at 10:56 AM, matt86m said:

$520 is the cost of the crane ^^^^ added an edit to 1st post

For both picks? Out and In and travel costs? Seems awfully cheap.

49 minutes ago, spize909 said:

For both picks? Out and In and travel costs? Seems awfully cheap.

Yup

50 minutes ago, matt86m said:

Yup

You could also remove the doors / take a skill saw around center perimeter of the shed and cut them in half (use a 2x4 as a guide around for perfect straight cut) Then add 2X4s between studs top and bottom sections and put back together...…..a little caulk / paint and wala….FREE SHEDS!!!!

This would allow the shed to be moved with no crane...…. moved fairly easy  onto a flatbed trailer.....transported

If I had the room, these would have already been moved to my house and painted blue w white trim and housing all my RC cars / tools / holiday decorations ...etc in order to clear out valuable garage space

I WISH I HAD THE SPACE!!!!!!

:poule: