Grease Monkey

It's Saturday 6/8/19 what are you doing this weekend?

Party in Newport for @Sand Diva aboard the ss Gentlemen's Jack.  Gonna be a blast.

:sail:

You all have fun and bee safe. 

:gd:

IMAG1327.jpg

Posted (edited)

BTW Grease Monkey, thanks very much for doing these every week.  I think it really helps people understand each other on this website.   I hope your party is a lot of fun tonight.

I need to go to 4WP, or 4 Wheel Parts today.  They were recommended by my local Dodge dealer who apparently has no interest in installing off road lights.

But even 4WP told me on the phone that they would NOT install off road lights in the fog light locations, because of legal issues.  They will do light bars though, so I'm making my trip over there today so they can see if they can work with the space in the middle of my bumper, then we can order one to get installed.

I had also called Desert Rat, and they were willing to place offroad lights in the fog light locations, but they couldn't find a bracket on-line.

Then I called MTS Offroad, and found that they don't do lights anymore.

Bottom line is I never realized it was such a BFD to get offroad lights, when I see EVERYONE driving with them. :rbj:  I will forge onward though, and hopefully get the light bar with 4WP.

----

EVENING UPDATE: This is what I'm getting at 4WP.  I put down a deposit and the parts are on order.  I met a salesman there who knew the lights that I needed in the fog light locations.  They had to order special Rigid brackets too, made for my 2007 Dodge Ram.

https://www.4wheelparts.com/s/_/?Ntt=rig+502513&_requestid=78455

Thanks to the guys who liked my post.

DodgeRamFrontBumper.jpg

Edited by Phoenix7

1 hour ago, Grease Monkey said:

Party in Newport for @Sand Diva aboard the ss Gentlemen's Jack.  Gonna be a blast.

don't do this ...... Captain holds passengers hostage

Camping at chula vista rv park with friends and the family. 

Went to Admiral Baker golf course and a tournament was going on and I jumped in with a group of good folks ..973C3483-DA88-462C-A39F-3CA4A41C899C.jpeg

Went over and Help set up a trailer for my Oldest son to live in...Then grocery shopping and sparyed the House for Bugs...Life been throwing Curves but keep ducking the blows...

26 minutes ago, punkur67 said:

Camping at chula vista rv park with friends and the family. 

One of the best! Have September reservations. Enjoy.

3 hours ago, Phoenix7 said:

BTW Grease Monkey, thanks very much for doing these every week.  I think it really helps people understand each other on this website.   I hope your party is a lot of fun tonight.

I need to go to 4WP, or 4 Wheel Parts today.  They were recommended by my local Dodge dealer who apparently has no interest in installing off road lights.

But even 4WP told me on the phone that they would NOT install off road lights in the fog light locations, because of legal issues.  They will do light bars though, so I'm making my trip over there today so they can see if they can work with the space in the middle of my bumper, then we can order one to get installed.

I had also called Desert Rat, and they were willing to place offroad lights in the fog light locations, but they couldn't find a bracket on-line.

Then I called MTS Offroad, and found that they don't do lights anymore.

Bottom line is I never realized it was such a BFD to get offroad lights, when I see EVERYONE driving with them. :rbj:  I will forge onward though, and hopefully get the light bar with 4WP.

If you asked, you'd probably find that most people just do it themselves.  Brings it down on the BFD list.

Mom is throwing a b-day party for her boyfriend.  Fiance I guess since he bought her a fancy ring last week.  Gonna check that out... 

Finally had a trailer at home for a weekend and not be rented out.  So I took advantage of it and swapped out the winch.  Had a customer mention that the old one worked but started to smoke.  

Now that I finished the swap, gonna head to my brothers house and bbq some chicken and drink some beers 🍻 

21C7096D-FEAE-4CBB-A5C4-1F52F4C52A90.jpeg

41844F3F-70A4-4925-87AD-39E05C79FECD.jpeg

5C77FC9D-1A2D-42F6-95C8-F17774AB350E.jpeg

42684F0A-2F4D-48B8-BCB5-E9BF86CB1B22.jpeg

Planted 25 Olive trees. Dropping off the oldest at a birthday party then on to the beer...

Driving myself crazy trying to find a short that keeps blowing a fuse for my MAF/Eng1 on my work van. Trips the check engine light and can't get it smogged until I find it. I hate to bring my stuff in but, electrical issues are a PITA!!!

A handful of little honey-do's.

Buggy Maint:

Trying to learn me somethin about LS cooling systems & voltage in a cooling system (in the buggy....).

Fuel tank filling issue (probably on Sunday).

8 hours ago, Grease Monkey said:

IMAG1327.jpg

I’m never ever...... ever... eva ....invited.

7 minutes ago, mike dee said:

I’m never ever...... ever... eva ....invited.

:lmao:

Ice Hockey Tryouts this weekend. 

Made HS Varsity and Earned a Spot on 2 of 3 16U AA Club teams he tried out for....some decisions to be made very shortly.  Going to be an epic season on the Ice. 

I delivered some craft project to the L.A. Pomona Fair today. (For the wife)

Slid back to the OC and toured the swap meet thingy.

Back home, decided a bit of prime rib for dinner sounded ok.

Off to San Franciscan for dinner. (Established circa 1963)

Freeway sucked donkey as usual..

Went bowling today for my niece and nephews party. I haven’t bowled in years. It was a blast.

Took two weeks off work cause we’re to Florida on Tuesday but it looks like I’ll have to go in for a few hours tomorrow to wrap up some projects. 

Andrew

Posted (edited)

KROQ Weenie Roast, not the same as when I went like 17 years ago (line up)... then hit Denny’s..

IV drip recovery today... I ain’t doin nothing..

abc

639087F0-7608-48E0-BB9E-C83981765AE6.jpeg

Edited by ANGRYBUTTCRACK

Grinding the floors for tile

I hate myself

CDC6AD8A-3110-4D53-B1B2-9E7F97C23852.jpeg

sat helped my daughter and son-in-law move into the back of our rental home. 40' fith wheel with four slides.  hes a lineman apprentice and he now will work out of long beach.  but didnt care for the area to park his trailer and live. 

sun. driving to state line to meet my other daughter from saint George. to deliver her new to her 2015 ninja 300, ABS, fuel injected and only 1400 miles on the xlock

20190609_080324.jpg

On 6/8/2019 at 8:51 AM, Grease Monkey said:

I can’t thank you enough for such a wonderful day :blowkiss:

35EDD5FF-8AAF-46EA-A232-DFCB64B3F849.jpeg

56016AC4-C3ED-43EA-A83D-2D94FC1ECF6A.jpeg

9C65577A-6885-4A1D-B6D9-1A29684B4020.jpeg

Worked yesterday, then worked a couple hrs today. Now sittinghaving a few cold ones

20190609_184849.jpg

Took the wife and kids out for a golf cart ride yesterday. Lots of snow still. Most trails are still blocked by snow over 10k.

20190608_133057.jpeg

20190608_134744.jpg

20190608_134447.jpg

Worked on the wet bolt and shackle project on the new to me trauler.

20190609_143120.jpg