Phoenix7

UFC 238 PPV and BEYOND

Is anyone besides me watching the UFC 238 PPV tonight?

Here are my picks and favorites tonight.

Henry Cejudo: Can his olympic wrestling skills overcome his perceived height disadvantage in trying to win the 135 pound title immediately after coming up from 125?  I think so.  I hope so.

Tony Ferguson:  I respect and like Donald Cerrone so much, but I have to root for crazy/psycho, creative genius Tony tonight.  He has worked so hard in the 155 pound division.

Valentina Shevchenko: She is a machine.  So many skills.  So precise.  I want to see her smash boxer Jessica Eye.  I'm looking for good ground and pound!

Even if these fights end before you see this topic,  all UFC comments are appreciated here any time.  I have been a die hard fan since 2005.  IF ONLY I would have started and continued OHV at the same time.  But I didn't.

I watched the prelims.. Screw that PPV

43 minutes ago, JDMeister said:

I watched the prelims.. Screw that PPV

I liked Alexa Grasso in the prelims.  She has made a huge improvement in striking after also overcoming several injuries.

Yes!!!!  All 3 of my fighters won!  All 3 in devastating fashion.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Phoenix7 said:

Yes!!!!  All 3 of my fighters won!  All 3 in devastating fashion.

You called it pretty well.........Eye was certainly "smashed".

edit to say the statement above applies to Cerrone too! LOL

Edited by spize909

http://firstrowge.eu/ 

Free ... I use it all the time.. usually link #2

Been using it for years ..Anti virus or what might come up but never had an issue

2 hours ago, spize909 said:

You called it pretty well.........Eye was certainly "smashed".

edit to say the statement above applies to Cerrone too! LOL

It was definitely an exciting night.  Lots of surprises and graphic action. 

This is why we pay money to see a 3 hour program.  The athletes need to get paid for everything they do.  I'm saving money by not going to baseball, football and basketball games, but I may get an interest in football again.   I need to go to a Cardinals game and see how I like it.

7 minutes ago, Phoenix7 said:

It was definitely an exciting night.  Lots of surprises and graphic action. 

This is why we pay money to see a 3 hour program.  The athletes need to get paid for everything they do.  I'm saving money by not going to baseball, football and basketball games, but I may get an interest in football again.   I need to go to a Cardinals game and see how I like it.

I'm sure the fighters do not share much in the PPV funds.

Their contracts are much smaller than that.

MAYBE in a title fight, but not so much.

1 minute ago, JDMeister said:

I'm sure the fighters do not share much in the PPV funds.

Their contracts are much smaller than that.

MAYBE in a title fight, but not so much.

Sherdog.com usually posts a story that lists what everyone got paid, but that's excluding any PPV shares, which are more confidential.  I agree that only the big draw superstars get PPV shares.  Conor McGregor used to brag about all the millions he was making.

If you watched the after-fight, in ring interview, Cejudo straight up called out Dana White for real money....wonder how that conversation went later.

Posted (edited)

I watched UFC 239 last night.

Jorge "Gamebred" Masvidal had the fastest knockout in UFC history.  I was rooting for him bigtime.  The video I'm attaching is very entertaining because it shows how many times his opponent made insulting public comments that made this knockout so sweet.

Also last night Jon Jones remained unbeaten for the past 11 years.  The only "loss" on his record was a disqualification.  It was a war of attrition with Thiago Santos.  They both had badly injured legs but stood strong facing each other for 5 rounds.

Also Amanda Nunes had a highlight reel head kick knockout of Holly Holm, showing her feet are just as dangerous as her hands, solidifying her standing as the best female MMA fighter in history.

Edited by Phoenix7

thats nuts

7 minutes ago, I'm Sorry said:

thats nuts

I realize that for those who have not watched UFC events, that video could be shocking.

Can't believe mma fighters still shoot in the first minute. Who was the 155 pounder (cub swanson?) With palm trees tattoo-ed on his chest that did that about five years ago. Caught a knee to the orbital and almost ended his career?

1 minute ago, 1newbie said:

Can't believe mma fighters still shoot in the first minute. Who was the 155 pounder (cub swanson?) With palm trees tattoo-ed on his chest that did that about five years ago. Caught a knee to the orbital and almost ended his career?

Yes Cub has the palm trees, and he has always been in 145, at least since they added that division.

I would say that if you shoot too predictably in the first minute or at other times, you're asking for a big knockout.