sausage450r

Cordless tools, whos your best and why?

Whats your favorite battery powered tool and why  

99 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Posted (edited)

I worked for an elevator company for a while and was blown away at how awesome the battery life and power was from milwaukess m18 fuel line of tools. I’ve since started a collection (slowly these effers are $$$$). I was thinking about buying some rigid brand drills and grinders for the shop and was wondering how other brands compare to milwaukee (we are hard on tools and i really like home depots no questions asked return policy) Seems like you can get ANY tool from milwaukee. Eyeballin a weedwacker next

Edited by sausage450r

I don't know why, but Milwaukee has my attention. Maybe I just like red and fact that H-D's headquarters are located in Milwaukee....IDK.

They've really stepped up their cordless game recently. 24 volt grinder for work. My home stuff is mostly 18v, and I just bought the M12 brushless, cordless stubby impact wrench. Seems legit.

Quality cordless stuff is $$$$$. I figure I'm worth it. :makerain:

What elevator company?  That’s my line of work lol.  I love all my Milwaukee tools. Home Depot always has random sales for stuff. I’ve used a makita set once and it wasn’t too bad. But it seems they are all about evenly priced. 

I voted for Milwaukee, based on how many professionals that I've seen with them and how happy they were with them. I use Ryobi myself, because I'm just a home handyman, they're reasonably priced and they have a really wide selection of tools/devices. I'm glad that the older tools are all compatible with the newer Lipo batteries and the Lipo batteries are very cheap from aftermarket sources. So far, in over 20 yrs I've only had 1 drill fail, I still have probably 20 other tools that are still working fine.

12 minutes ago, jtmoney714 said:

What elevator company?  That’s my line of work lol.  I love all my Milwaukee tools. Home Depot always has random sales for stuff. I’ve used a makita set once and it wasn’t too bad. But it seems they are all about evenly priced. 

Otis

I use Milwaukee at work and we are not easy on them. You can pick them up at the Swapmeet pretty cheap, lot of tool vendors have new and used ones.

Started out with the 9v Makita stuff years and years ago. They sponsored the TV shows Monster Garage, Monster House and Big! I did some work for the production company and after every season they'd sell off the old stuff. My 14.4v stuff started dieing off a long time ago and I never replaced it. Finally broke down a month ago and went to Harbour Freight to buy a 20v cordless impact and screw gun. So far they've worked great. Not breaking any lug nuts loose but they're good for smaller stuff.

20190609_134041.jpg

My Ryobi set got me probably 10 years and the battery started dying off and the drill started shorting out!, only thing I wish I would’ve kept out of that set would’ve been the sander... my  Milwaukee saws all has gotten 20+ years of use out of it always by Milwaukee when I can find it ...  For now the set I have is Porter Cable 20v and feel pretty good in my hands....,

570E7A1B-4220-4614-80AA-9B11D0AB653C.jpeg

I used to do the Ryobi since they are not tools of the trade for me. The battery life of the ryobi just didn't cut it for me.  A few years ago my kids gave me a 5 set of Milwaukee 18v tools for fathers day and I couldn't be happier with them. The Ryobi impact wouldn't break loose the wheels on my sand car but the Milwaukee fuel spins them right off. Battery life is much longer with the Milwaukee and they have a tool for about everything.  All three of my sons use Milwaukee for work and they can take the daily abuse.

We only use Milwaukee at work and we beat the crap out of tools. We do commercial HVAC and plumbing. our company bought other brands in the past but they were short lived with us when they all died quickly. Just like the weld hood thread, I bought tools tested by heavy duty abuse and not weekend warriors. I own all Milwaukee M18 and M12 stuff and love it. 

Another selling point for me was Milwaukee is no question the trend setter for cordless tools. They have way more tools than the other companies and are usually the first out with the new stuff that later gets copied. 

Just a DIY guy for around the house I now use Dewalt and I have some harbor freight mixed in.

Ryobi and Porter Cable didn’t last me very long. 

DeWalt flexvolt. I do wood repairs all day, every day and never use a corded tool anymore. ( Except when I need my sawsquatch)

M12  Milwaukee here at home, but every day for work I use 18 and 20v DeWalt and it's good but needs constant charging. The 20v stuff is way lighter  compaired to 18v And has lots more power.

tried a lot and now love the dewalt. there are different levels of dewalt.  they also offer a full metal check. battery life is incredible. cordless drill has the torque to twist your wrist if ur not careful. so nice swapping paddles with their 1/2" cordless impact. price is great for what you get.

53 minutes ago, 2turbofords said:

M12  Milwaukee here at home, but every day for work I use 18 and 20v DeWalt and it's good but needs constant charging. The 20v stuff is way lighter  compaired to 18v And has lots more power.

Want a free 18v xrp drill? My battery is failing. Its my work drill, batteries being so expensive doesnt make sense to buy 100$ battery for only dewalt tool

54 minutes ago, sausage450r said:

Want a free 18v xrp drill? My battery is failing. Its my work drill, batteries being so expensive doesnt make sense to buy 100$ battery for only dewalt tool

Sure, but they are selling 2 18v DeWalt batteries for 99 at Depot for Father's day right now. I saw a special if you buy the M12 tripod floodlight you get a 6.0 M12 battery free, gonna have to buy that one

Our guys use the M18 stuff.  It was a bit of a sell on my part to get the money guy to sign off on them, but they have been 100% worth it.  They take a beating and ask for more.  I've been slowly adding them (and the M12) to my home collection.  

I have a Hitachi 18V that I’ve been using for close to 20 years and have never failed me yet but my new favorite is the M12 .

I do cabinets for a living and use mine all day every day and have never had a problem or a let down from my Bosh.

I used to have Dewalt. Then I got my first Milwaukee set and never looked back! My Dewalt stuff is now a garage tool. The Milwaukee batteries last a long time between charges and the tools are more powerful. Milwaukee fuel hands down in my eyes.

Got DeWalt 20v at home and Milwaukee at work. Both are great no complaints.

Had the dewalt for years then got the ridgid and switched it out to the Milwaukee about 9 years ago and haven’t looked back. They have been very durable and really took care of me on repairs the couple times I have needed any

Dewalt 20V for majority at least 30 tools. Milwaukee Fuel in M18 and M12. Both make great products. I would go all Dewalt if they made the specialty tools for plumbing like Milwaukee does. 

Milwaukee & Ryobi are both owned by Techtronic Manufacturing. Milwaukee is considered their professional brand of tools, with Ryobi being their home owner line of tools. 

Several years ago there was a clear division in quality between the two. But Techtronic stepped up the Ryobi brand using some of the technology once only used on the Milwaukee tools, making the two much closer in quality. Milwaukee tools typically have more features, are built a bit more robust and get the new tech sooner. Milwaukee also comes with a 5 year warranty, where Ryobi is only 3. 

One of the big features with Ryobi is the 18 volt One+ system. Which is all 18v tools use the same battery & charger. Ryobi is now using Lithium Ion and offering brushless like Milwaukee tools. 

Milwaukee will always be built for the professional, with Ryobi being for the home owner. I’ve been slowly building up my Ryobi tools when one of my older tools died or if something comes out that is cool. I love the Ryobi 18v mini air compressor. It works really good. It fills the buggy tires, Car & truck tires with no issues. 

Ryobi 18v air inflator

Posted (edited)

1/2ilwaukee is my choice.  Using them for years.  You cant beat the fuel brushless line.  I had an in with a Milwaukee guy, and  I was luck to get a bunch of rebuilds to fill the stable as well.  My favorite ones are the Sawzall and the drywall saw.  I will say this however, I'm not happy with the  1/2 impact. Doesn't have the guts for tight lug nuts.

Edited by raptorrush
wrong size