sausage450r

Cordless tools, whos your best and why?

Whats your favorite battery powered tool and why  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You're not happy with the Milwaukee M18 Fuel 3/4 impact? Something must be wrong with it. We've got well in excess of 100 battery tools with probably 2/3rds of them being Milwaukee. I think the Milwaukee stuff takes a beating better than most everything else. We do have some of the new high end Makita stuff that we are digging on. One of them being a big dual battery grinder. That thing is a metal remover for sure.

11 minutes ago, Ocotillo Boy said:

You're not happy with the Milwaukee M18 Fuel 3/4 impact? Something must be wrong with it. We've got well in excess of 100 battery tools with probably 2/3rds of them being Milwaukee. I think the Milwaukee stuff takes a beating better than most everything else. We do have some of the new high end Makita stuff that we are digging on. One of them being a big dual battery grinder. That thing is a metal remover for sure.

I was thinking the same. The one i have is a knuckle breaker. Same with the the ones we used assembling elevators. It was the 3/4 impact and the concrete drill that blew my mind. All day on one 9ah battery

In the early days of cordless I used Milwaukee exclusively and the same in all my power tools. 

The power, run time, and overall quality was always the best for me. Then I changed jobs and the new 

company sold dealt tools. It seemed like most customers question was always which manufacturers 

are the best. I thought it best to own some dewalt to be able to form my opinion and to answer their

questions honestly. So I bought a set of dewalt and used them to get some experience. 

My opinion is they are comparable in quality and it's a question of  what you are used to 

or what the company you are working for is using.  I don't think you could go wrong with either one.

It's a question of Ford or Chevy. 

Makita here. I have the normal homeowner stuff but I have some of the cool stuff too. My hedge trimmer, dual line weed wacker, blower, and portaband are all Makita LXT 18V (The weed wacker is dual batt. 36V) and in 9 years, I have had zero failures. The original batteries lasted 8 years. I think all main brand power tools are really well made these days. Just make sure you get lithium ion batteries and brushless motors.

Everything is gong to 20v though.

Home Depot has some awesome deals on Milwaukee today. 

DED9BB0F-B8B6-4E40-B867-09F6F38E4E0C.png

Posted (edited)

Milwaukee by far! I have 30+ newer cordless Milwaukee tools and absolutely love them. M12's and M18's. Everything from the M12 small cordless impacts to the new big 1/2" impact with 12amp battery. We use the hell out of them at work and in all of our chase rigs and have never had an issue. I typically get with our Milwaukee sales rep on deals coming up and by them twice a year. They always have sales where they'll throw in a free tool or even extra batteries.

Edit; I finally broke down and bought their cordless mag drill ($$$$$$$) but my guys love it. Saves a lot of time and don't have to carry around a generator or extension cords any more.

I was disappointed with their 6 bay charger though.... I bought it hoping it would charge all six batteries at once but it is a sequential charger and only does one at a time.

Edited by CMBAMF

Milwaukee are nice, however I've had some issues with their M18 & M12 battery packs. DeWalt are great. Bosh makes a good product. the two I have are 10 years old and used weekly. 

IMG_20190610_085527694.jpg

This is a good kit I recently bought for river pad. Not brushless but with 10% off only $500

Screenshot_20190529-235215_Samsung Internet.jpg

Few pics of work truck. I am all over the place but they all have their strength's! Some of the oldest ones are the best,and heaviest to carry around.

IMG_20190610_080031598.jpg

IMG_20190610_084008637.jpg

Love my Milwaukee stuff. They were a gift from the honey. I'm glad she chose it over ryobi lol. Also, we deal with wireless stuff at work and have a interstate truck vendor for batteries. I'm almost 100% sure those guys rebuild these cordless tools batteries on the cheap! 

does anyone  run 28 volt Milwaukee? 

Dean

2 hours ago, Dean said:

does anyone  run 28 volt Milwaukee? 

Dean

No,  if I bought that stuff we probably  can't afford to go to Glamis! 

I have been using the dewalt 12V drills for quite some time now.  I burned up the motor on mine (my fault), & went to replace it & the motor burned up the first day (not abusing it), they replaced it & the chuck broke.  I just bought a fourth one (from home depot this time, thinking I was getting POS's from online sources), & the Chuck sounds like there is something wrong with it.  its not died on my yet, but.............. I sure does not seem like it was the same quality as my first one.....

Electrical, Plumbing and Mechanical contractors I have noticed are usually  Dewalt but more have been going  Milwaukee lately. The mini bandsaw and Sawzall are probably the biggest part of that. The Drywallers and metal stud framers are still mostly Dewalt but have noticed more Makita.

I have a ton of Ryobi stuff and have been very happy with them.

Definitely not professional type work that I use them for. Just stuff around the house and one my Rhino and Trailer.

I just bought a HF drill/impact combo.....was cheap and on sale. Went to HD but couldn't  justify the extra $$ for the amount of use it would see.

image.png

The warranty is what sold me on Milwaukee it is 5 years. And the store is just down the hill from you Matt in Clairemont. Drop the tool off and they ship it back to you no questions asked. I have one the 1 gen 1/2 impact that the trigger was a know problem would go out. Last time I took it in it was out of warranty still didn't charge me and shipped it to my door. I dropped a 9.0 battery and it stopped taking a charge, took it in, 2 days latter there was a brand new one sitting on my door step   

They make a Freaking plunger so bad ass

6 minutes ago, jjoseph99 said:

They make a Freaking plunger so bad ass

That is pretty cool, but I wonder, what are the chances it could blow a joint in a wall or under a slab apart?

Makita here. Not built by cost cutting profit mongers like most of the rest. DeWalt plays marketing games with their current “20V” batteries and have gotten chintzier, Milwaukee has the best selection, but quality isn’t as good as it used to be. Others don’t have the variety or are ABS plastic piles of mediocrity. :bigrin 

I've used DeWalt at work for 13 years now.  Recently started with the 20v stuff.  Like said before, DeWalts come in 2-3 levels per tool model.  More torque and power.  Some still US made.

The new 20v are super light and considerably more powerful than the 18v.

I use DeWalt myself.  The 18v fluorescent lights kicks ass for Glamis and the 20v LED is bright as shit.

I also have a 20v blower that's pretty damn close to my Echo gas blower.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Bansh88 said:

Everything is gong to 20v though.

It's the same. Just a marketing gimmick.https://www.protoolreviews.com/news/20v-max-vs-18v-battery-power/17024/

Edited by Fireballsocal

Not sure anout the 3/4" Milwaukee not busting lug nuts loose. I can change tires on my truck, trailer, rzr, etc with my 3/8" impact no problem. My 1/2" impact will snap shit!

I must have 7-8k+ wrapped up into DeWalt. If it's for wood working I have it (x2 or x3), even the string trimmer, power bank, and blower.

The standard DeWalt stuff sucks arse.

You have to go brushless and even their brushless has two tiers. The brushless stuff in "kits" is not as good as the individual tools.

Two 9ah batteries will run my circular saw, sawzall, nail gun, impact and planer on a job for most of the day. I bought a shit ton of batteries and they just sit stale. The batteries are fricken expensive though, I'll tell you that much. 

I could be wrong, but last I heard Milwaukee is made is China, DeWalt assembled in the USA! :legit: