sausage450r

Cordless tools, whos your best and why?

Whats your favorite battery powered tool and why  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, big_daddy_jp said:

Not sure anout the 3/4" Milwaukee not busting lug nuts loose. I can change tires on my truck, trailer, rzr, etc with my 3/8" impact no problem. My 1/2" impact will snap shit!

Same with my Makita brushless 1/2”. Taking stuff off, I’ll let it reef on it. Putting stuff on, one or 2 “ugga-duggas” and then finish by hand. Snapped a 5/8” bolt on my Jeep barely slowing down the first  time I used it...

I am pretty hard on cordless tools and stubborn, so I have Makita, Dewalt, Craftsman, and I nurse them all along... most are too heavy and battery life vs power is OK but not state of the art

Dewalts seem to have more gear problems than the others

All my buddies moved to Milwaukee M18 fuel and M12 and they are amazing, light, great feel in the hand, and really powerful. Features like shorty and auto tighten just to snug, saves so much time when you need to Torque something (and I torque everything).I wish I moved to them sooner

On 6/10/2019 at 9:02 AM, JKR951 said:

Milwaukee are nice, however I've had some issues with their M18 & M12 battery packs. DeWalt are great. Bosh makes a good product. the two I have are 10 years old and used weekly. 

IMG_20190610_085527694.jpg

I heard, as with probably all cordless co's, there is a bunch of counterfeit crap out there.

Total mixed bag of stuff. But a few years ago I bought some Milwaukee stuff. A package deal at HD and they were giving away a small 1/2 impact That thing works great for my sandrail wheels. I like the other stuff I got in the kit to. I have a Ryobi leaf blower and the battery died. If it gets below a certain voltage it won't charge back up so they tell you to buy a new battery? What a joke. Figured out a way (youtube) to get back up and now it works fine.

2 hours ago, Air450 said:

I heard, as with probably all cordless co's, there is a bunch of counterfeit crap out there.

I heard the same .......... But I purchased Milwaukee M18 batteries from Home Depot 2 separate times that were defective, one was crap out of the pkg. the other only lasted 2 charges. I also purchased a bad M18 from Dixieline,  I sure hope HD and Dixie are not selling CF products! It's VERY frustrating when you slap another Batt in and ........ Nothing! I have Milwaukee 120 vac Drills just waiting for those occasions.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JKR951 said:

I heard the same .......... But I purchased Milwaukee M18 batteries from Home Depot 2 separate times that were defective, one was crap out of the pkg. the other only lasted 2 charges. I also purchased a bad M18 from Dixieline,  I sure hope HD and Dixie are not selling CF products! It's VERY frustrating when you slap another Batt in and ........ Nothing! I have Milwaukee 120 vac Drills just waiting for those occasions.

The counterfeits are pretty easy to spot:

Edited by Rockwood

And battery comparison between them all:

BTW, use my Makita brushless 1/4" hex driver for everything.  Can break loose most 14mm head or smaller bolts, and tightens them almost perfectly. 

I have been selling all the lines for almost 30 years...I have been involved in many prototype testing with both Milwaukee and Makita on a pro-contractor level (Heavy civil projects..Bridges, roads , concrete demo etc)..All the brands all seem to have a niche...Over all, and by a significant margin, Makita wins in my book..(Makita blue tools..not the black HD line) Their battery life is second to none. They are not the cheapest line....I have more customer/tool programs with Makita than I do any other line...Their tools sell themselves in demo situations...I don't dislike the other brands, I sell them all, but in big dollar purchases with high end customers and knowing the service side and abuse situations with contractors and tools, I push Makita....My 2 cents

9 hours ago, Rockwood said:

The counterfeits are pretty easy to spot:

Good to know, thanks

The counterfeit battery put out 5% more current than the real battery.