sausage450r

Cordless tools, whos your best and why?

Whats your favorite battery powered tool and why  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, J Alper said:

also my personal opinion if  - F - dewalt

for the main reason, I had a bunch of Dewalt products and all 18V and they switched to the crummy 20V that had worse power than the 18V

when choosing a tool I look for something - where I do not have to replace every tool every 8 years,

Milwaukee for me has amazing Automotive tools,  

I can say that Deadwalt don't got this Chit

They make a 30.00 adapter for the older 18v stuff.

Like mentioned somewhere in this thread, DeWalt is geared more twords carpentry. I don't use an extension cord anymore, unless I bust out my sawsquatch.

I do termite and dryrot repairs all day, everyday. Decks, patios, roofing, entry beams, subflooring. Etc. I have zero complaints. The flexvolt stuff is just amazing. My worm drive style saw is almost as good as the real thing (skil). My guys abuse the piss out of them. 1/4 impacts for screws are bullet proof. Table and miter saws are so nice.  I could go on.

4 hours ago, sausage450r said:

Anyone try the milwaukee weed wacker? Spring is comming and i have an itchy trigger finger

D04271A1-56F9-4EB4-A1E7-1CC45904885B.png

I cant vouch for that one. But DeWalt's trimmer is nice. I just did a 25x60 section of 12" weeds and had it done with 1.5 batteries. (9ah)

Im sure its just as good, but I would make sure and have 2 batteries.

On 6/12/2019 at 7:47 PM, socaldmax said:

The counterfeit battery put out 5% more current than the real battery.

I buy some chinese lithium ions for the yard tools and they are better than the originals and less than half the cost. But I’d  be pissed if I thought I was buying brand name and got a bootleg. 

18v and 20v are actually the same when it comes to these tools.  

It's marketing BS. They both use a stack of 5 3.6v batteries. Milwaukee uses the nominal voltage of 5x.  Dewalt uses the max charger voltage.

Like how your car battery is 12.6v , but the charging system in your car puts out 14+. The battery is still 12.6...

38 minutes ago, FAMILY OF 4 said:

I buy some chinese lithium ions for the yard tools and they are better than the originals and less than half the cost. But I’d  be pissed if I thought I was buying brand name and got a bootleg. 

Same here. If I could see it before buying, I wouldn't have bought that obviously counterfeit battery, but I was very surprised that it produced more power than the real battery. 

The aftermarket Ryobi batteries I've been buying lately are 5AH and 6AH, yet they are the same size and weight as the factory 4AH batteries.

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 6:38 PM, sausage450r said:

Anyone try the milwaukee weed wacker? Spring is comming and i have an itchy trigger finger

D04271A1-56F9-4EB4-A1E7-1CC45904885B.png

I use the Makita version. Dual line, dual 18V batteries for 36 volts. I use 5Ah batteries for about 45 minutes of run time. A half hour in spring when the grasses are really tall on my back hill and I'm using the high speed setting. It's 3 years old, about as powerful as an entry level consumer grade gas single line trimmer. I dig it. I also have the hedge trimmer (Pretty light duty but perfect for my needs).