John@Outfront Mtrsprts

Is there a product to clean AC evporators and condenser fins of lint?

AC in the rental home is a little undersized so going to start with cleaning the fins first.  the condenser of course is easy,  if I tear into the evap ducting I want to be ready for an quick in and out.

This is what use

Nu-Calgon 4171-75 Evap Foam No Rinse Evaporator Coil Cleaner, 18 oz. (3 PACK): Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific
https://www.amazon.com/Nu-Calgon-4171-75-Rinse-Evaporator-Cleaner/dp/B079MFV925

I used the rinse version of Nu-Calgon on a plugged up radiator in my SxS.  That stuff worked awesome, so I bet it would work well for its intended purpose in the A/C world. 

May need a fin comb or brush. I just did that this weekend. What a pita!

Got some from home Depot last summer and it was a spray And rinse product especially for AC units

Why don't you just hire a professional to service it and stick to what you're good at.  You know, like assembling Subaru cams. ;)

3 hours ago, CHIZZLE said:

Why don't you just hire a professional to service it and stick to what you're good at.  You know, like assembling Subaru cams. ;)

why I otta.........................

Be careful using coil cleaners. They can take the coating off the fins. I even tried simple green one time and it took the coating off as well. Not much you can do about your evap coil, other than the coil cleaners, but for your condenser just use your garden hose and spray nozzle. As Legit said, get a fin comb too.